Tottenham vs Burnley: Revenge of the Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing odd. The first choice did a job to a certin extent and we were winning 1-0.
Don't blame me for slagging off Janssen or Sissoko. Sissoko came on to play on the right where we conceded the gaol but he drifts to the middle. And for Janssen, ask Poch why he hasn't played him any mins in the 3 PLgames when we needed goals and Kane misfiring (August Phenomenon).
3 days and windows closes. With regrets to say manu, mancity, chels and liv have better squads and more geared for top 4 and CL.

Janssen didnt even play....Kane missed 5 sitters.....yep, its the subs fault. Janssen cant score from the bench. If Kane is messing up, then Poch has to make a desision. He didnt, and we failed to improve up top. Thats on the manager.

Sissoko was one of our best players yesterday and did markedly better than Son within 30 seconds on the pitch.

Liverpool and Utds benches are crap...there is one team playing really well every week so far and thats Utd. Fuck all to with their back up though is it. Wait til Lukaku or Matic are out. Then what?

Its a 6th place team again

More pissed off this morning than I was yesterday.

What a ridiculous goal to concede and what's worse is that everyone could see it coming a mile off

Ridiculous amount of empty seats in the ST only lower tier today. Thanks for making us look silly again.

Unfortunately that is capitalism for you and if you buy a season ticket it is yours to do with as you please as long as you observe any terms and conditions. I know we can all be ill (hope you are feeling better Chuckingupvision82), have a car break down or a family wedding/funeral to attend but I would have as a condition of renewing a season ticket that you attend at least 80% of games in the previous season. Sadly as long as the club are selling 40000 plus season tickets every year they are not going to be too bothered.

Me and my sons are in club Wembley (that is all that was available by the time we got offered ST) and there were empty seats all around us yesterday. Coming from Birmingham we could easily bring 5/6 different people to every game but when the window for guest tickets opens everything in the lower tier and club Wembley is sold out! The people we would bring may not be die hard spurs fans but they would be positive and contribute to the atmosphere and who knows it might be enough to turn them in to spurs fans in the future.

Despite the empty seats yesterday and the lack of a drum I thought it was a decent atmosphere yesterday.

Hopefully the international break allows Pochettino and the team to regroup, analyze what needs to improve and implement it.

And hopefully the transfer window closing makes the players focus fully on the league again if there are any such thoughts floating about.

Liverpool and Utds benches are crap...there is one team playing really well every week so far and thats Utd. Fuck all to with their back up though is it. Wait til Lukaku or Matic are out. Then what?

Its a 6th place team again

Sorry but you are deluded fan because:
ManU's midfield and attacking bench yesterday: Rashford, Herrera, Fellaini and Lingard plus resigned Zlatttan to add. 3 of the subs came on yesterday and one of them scored from 1-0 to 2-0 secure win, exact same scenario we needed yesterday.
Spurs mid and attacking bench yesterday: Janssen, Sissoko, Winks and Oakly Booth (who?).

I hope the above gives you the true picture how are manus squad is compared to ours. Can you really call manu's bench crap?!

Janssen didnt even play....Kane missed 5 sitters.....yep, its the subs fault. Janssen cant score from the bench. If Kane is messing up, then Poch has to make a desision. He didnt, and we failed to improve up top. Thats on the manager.
Yes Janssen didn't play. We needed a second goal, why Poch didn't bring him on? I think because Poch doesn't rate him. That's what I am saying our bench is poor and need new players but 3 days left so won't happen. How can we go to a new season with 4 competitions with a such squad!

Id take Rashford.....whats your point
I don't know if read the post so will repeat.
You called Manu's bench crap.
mau's bench yesterday included: Rashford, Herrera, Fellaini and Lingard. 3 of the subs came on yesterday and one of them scored from 1-0 to 2-0 secure win, exact same scenario we needed yesterday.
Spurs bench included: Janssen, Sissoko, Winks and Oakly Booth (who?).
Can you really call manu's bench crap?!

I don't know if read the post so will repeat.
You called Manu's bench crap.
mau's bench yesterday included: Rashford, Herrera, Fellaini and Lingard. 3 of the subs came on yesterday and one of them scored from 1-0 to 2-0 secure win, exact same scenario we needed yesterday.
Spurs bench included: Janssen, Sissoko, Winks and Oakly Booth (who?).
Can you really call manu's bench crap?!
And I'd take one of that bench, as I think the rest are crap

Yes Janssen didn't play. We needed a second goal, why Poch didn't bring him on? I think because Poch doesn't rate him. That's what I am saying our bench is poor and need new players but 3 days left so won't happen. How can we go to a new season with 4 competitions with a such this squad!

We have gone from 33000( excluding away fans) Spurs fans each week to 64000( assuming Burnley had 3000 fans) you cannot expect that all that increase are going to be fans that have been much in the past few years or will stand and sing all match. Let's see what the atmosphere is when we start playing better.
I agree with Joe that fans should not buy season tickets if they do not intend to go to 80% of the matches but it is school hols and many young fathers maybe away. Either money does not matter or they are just suffering losses this season before selling the ticket when we return to WHL.
However I cannot understand supporters that leave before the end when the result is not certain. I can understand it if the result is certain because transport home is very time consuming but at 1-0, I could not have left and found out afterwards that we had not won just to get home a bit earlier.

Strange, getting myself a ticket to the Swansea game, all the lower tier is sold out, really annoying if the best seats are all ST holders and they don't turn up.
That's what happened yesterday, I doubt if Swansea will be any different. The club sold too many ST's, but they've got the money so why should they care?

That's what happened yesterday, I doubt if Swansea will be any different. The club sold too many ST's, but they've got the money so why should they care?

What worries me most was another poster on this site yesterday was saying how the Park Lane side of Wembley in block 135 people where trying to sing and stand as normal but a bunch of west stand supporters where there and started telling people to be quiet and sit down and cheering when a steward started threateneing to kick people out.

We all knew what happened with West Ham, the club have been long forewarned that certain types of supporter need to go to certain places. If the club have ignore this and just took the money the I will be pissed off.

Also if you are in the Park Lane or Shelf equivalent of Wembley and you want a quiet opera type game can you please fuck off to the west stand.

Well Herrera and Rashford definitely.
Yes and what's wrong with Fellaini compared to what we have on our bench, at least his physical presence and he scores which he did yesterday, he is perfect for last 10mins sub. Or even Lingard....
How many of our subs of Janssen, Sissoko, Winks and Oakly Booth will get on Manus bench!

Yes and what's wrong with Fellaini compared to what we have on our bench, at least his physical presence and he scores which he did yesterday, he is perfect for last 10mins sub. Or even Lingard....
How many of our subs of Janssen, Sissoko, Winks and Oakly Booth will get on Manus bench!

Loves Winks but not sure he totally fit yet, Sissoko in the right position can do a job. Fellaini equally can do a job but like Sissoko it's almost a dirty secret having him around.

Back
Top Bottom