Tottenham Vs Antwerp, Europa League - Thursday 10th Dec 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmm, I still feel that subbing out Bale, Winks and Vinicus after they fought us into the lead was bit of a slap into face.

I get Ndombele in - some match sharpness after he missed a game. But Son and Kane were kind of needless. How can we expect such players to cope under pressure... if they are not trusted to see out even such game.

I trust and support Jose, but just feel that maybe 2 out of the 3 subs were kind of uncalled for at that point in time.

It was so comfortable for us I was bored watching it to be honest. Onwards and upwards.

I’m not sure Kane will start on Sunday, with Liverpool round the corner.

All that stuff about Winks storming off, I thought at the time, "I bet he doesn't want to get cold". Turns out Mourinho and I are on the same page.

I liked how Dele came back after his tactical dump or crafty J. Arthur, putting paid to that line of snidery too

I agree 100% with the tone Jose took post match... the decision to make the subs was made at 0-0... the fact we scored (and Bale/Vini were involved) was almost immaterial... had the free kick not resulted in a goal, and it was still 0-0 at the point the subs were made, I don't think anyone would have had too many complaints...
as it was, not only were we in a winning position, just think about how mentally draining it would have been for Antwerp to not only go 0-1 down, but to see Son, Kane and Ndombele come on and rub it in!
Tactically, it may have confused a few, but it was a Psychological masterclass if you ask me!

Plus, i'm glad Jose nipped the Harry Winks stuff in the bud... he told Winks to go and have a shower 'cos it was cold!! Still didn't stop BT going totally tabloid about it... they couldn't wait to make summit bigger of it than it was... Glenn Hoddle and Owen Hargreaves pretty much called it as nothing too...
But as for the commentators, they'd barely finished writing off Dele's Spurs career when they gleefully declared he'd disappeared down the tunnel before he came back onto the bench after having a piss!! Fucking shit stirring rumour whores!

Last edited:
Does it still have audio?
Apparently... so they say! There’s a message that comes up after ten spins
Wasn’t on long enough!

She saw my face and asked what I was watching and I just said one of the goals so thanks for that!!

Hmm, I still feel that subbing out Bale, Winks and Vinicus after they fought us into the lead was bit of a slap into face.

I get Ndombele in - some match sharpness after he missed a game. But Son and Kane were kind of needless. How can we expect such players to cope under pressure... if they are not trusted to see out even such game.

I trust and support Jose, but just feel that maybe 2 out of the 3 subs were kind of uncalled for at that point in time.
I’m sure he explained his reasoning to all concerned and they’re ok

Jose On Harry Winks leaving the pitch:"Every player that left the pitch I told them to go to the shower because it was cold. Some decided to go and some decided to stay."
Tomorrow's inevitable Sun headline:
Tottenham 'rebels' Bale & Vinicius ignore Jose's shower request in a blatant display of defiance... both expected to demand a transfer in the morning!!

Back
Top Bottom