TOTTENHAM v thieving scouse bin dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

you play to win them all. We rotate and take our chances, if it all goes tits up, it goes tits up.

Why would you 'take your chance' in a cup final and a top 4 run in? That's a huge fucking risk.

The Europa league is the least likely, the most tiring and gives you the least money. It's a competition for our reserves this year.

If we field a strong team in Europa, we have West Ham 2 rest days after. We need to win that game, it's a derby and they're close to us. Which is more important? The West Ham game, obviously.

Two rest days after the 2nd leg you have the Cup Final against Chelsea. Which is more important? A cup final, or a shitty game to get into the last 16, I think? The cup final, obviously.

It's a shame, but there's no way we can compete in Europe this year and frankly I couldn't give a toss.

just being objective

you have a selective memory, they sang their fields of athenry dirge on several occasions. The only point I'm trying to make is that your condemnation is hypocritical, particularly given the behaviour of our fans.
I'm no happier than you are with the result, and pissed off that we let a worse team than the goons off the hook

I don't understand why Sakho wasn't sent off for the rugby tackle attempt, and sad to see Bentaleb, Rose and eriksen play so below par.
We didn't play well enough to win - and slagging off everyone and everybody - particularly for things that our crowd have been lambasted for all season, doesn't do us (as a collective fan base) any favours.

I guess when you see Lloris make a balls up - you know things aren't going to go all that well.
Okay, most fans at the ground didn't see how bad a mistake it was (a mate texted me). So I take it you weren't at Anfield?
Seriously, were you?
How many games have you been to this year?
I'm not trying to slag off overseas fans, as I've been one for most of my life, but unless you've been recently you would know that we haven't been as bad as Liverpool were tonight since Palace.
And this is Liverpool. Famed for great fans.
They made me feel that we had great fans.

Thought we were quite sloppy today , gave the ball away far to often , Dier looked very slow , but thought Vertonghen had a decent game , Can't see why Poch took Dembele off when he was our best player on the pitch , would like to think Dembele would have more chance of getting a goal compared to Benteleb ,

Liverpool were nothing special , would of said a draw would of been a fair result but they were definitely there for the taking today , the ball should of been sprayed out to the right hand side of the pitch as quick as possible with the worst player on the pitch Sakho on a yellow card

£25-30 mill. The Bale Money pricetag has always been his worst enemy IMO. He's never been as bad as made out and I'm liking what I'm seeing these days. I think he's turning it around!
after 2 seasons for 30 million you are happy what you are seeing with him ? mind you if he was playing good i suppose a club would be in for him

still a young team, poch's developing them week in, week out, one loss will not change that at all, 2 blistering performances against london rivals, this is the first time in a while i've really looked forward to the future, you learn more from a defeat then you do a victory, liverpool bashing aside, COME ON YOU SPURS

[QUOTE="Jayc1, post: 7take your chance' in a cup final and a top 4 run in? That's a huge fucking risk.

The Europa league is the least likely, the most tiring and gives you the least money. It's a competition for our reserves this year.

If we field a strong team in Europa, we have West Ham 2 rest days after. We need to win that game, it's a derby and they're close to us. Which is more important? The West Ham game, obviously.

Two rest days after the 2nd leg you have the Cup Final against Chelsea. Which is more important? A cup final, or a shitty game to get into the last 16, I think? The cup final, obviously.

It's a shame, but there's no way we can compete in Europe this year and frankly I couldn't give a toss.[/QUOTE]
I cant agree. Sorry. You never throw games, period. we will be stronger next season because of this experiance.wrapping up ourselves in cotton wool is not the answer.

Why would you 'take your chance' in a cup final and a top 4 run in? That's a huge fucking risk.

It's a shame, but there's no way we can compete in Europe this year and frankly I couldn't give a toss.

And this is the problem with the modern football fan. A huge risk? What the fuck.

Fuck top 4 - that bunch of cunts down the road make out being in the top 4 is the same as winning a trophy - it ain't.

We can't win the league but we can the EL.

I want trophies and memories not a top 4 place, if it comes then great we would have deserved it but to throw away a potential cup is ridiculous regardless of what competition it is.

I cant agree. Sorry. You never throw games, period. we will be stronger next season because of this experiance.wrapping up ourselves in cotton wool is not the answer.

So burn out, exhaustion, injuries, giving ourselves a shit chance of winning a cup final and suffering in the league from Europa-hang over is going to help us not only this season, but also in future? Good to know.

Poch has used Europe for the reserves, apart from the last game. Doubt that'll change much.

A below par performance ( assuming that Woolwich or Chelsea games are par now). Compared to Burnley or Palace it was a decent performance "ish". First half they pulled us around too much for comfort and the Central midfield was nowhere good enough, oddly Liverpool's Central Midfield is also not good enough to be anything more than they are.

Our defending against good attacks is really a concern, if we lose the midfield we have to defend and we get picked off too easy, their winner is perfect evidence of not being able to deal with quality....and as much as it pains me to say Balotelli is quality and Dier is not yet at his level, but dear me how about stopping the cross lads !

Shame. A Real shame to lose to Liverpool, but thank God I never have to see Stevie Me's worried looking face on the football field again. I despise him completely. I despise Liverpool equally as much. Take away the Beatles and their Chelsea style spending in the 70's / 80's they are Hull / Bradford and the equal of every other depressing place in the North !

So burn out, exhaustion, injuries, giving ourselves a shit chance of winning a cup final and suffering in the league from Europa-hang over is going to help us not only this season, but also in future? Good to know.

Poch has used Europe for the reserves, apart from the last game. Doubt that'll change much.
I watch the film , The Road the other day and it potrayed a better future than you do? Cheer up. If it goes wrong, same old Tottenham. If we come threw it, well amazing.

after 2 seasons for 30 million you are happy what you are seeing with him ? mind you if he was playing good i suppose a club would be in for him

He was injured for more than half of last season and we had a very chaotic year as a club. We also have almost half of this season left. I know I've seen him grow noticeably from last season and that he's our assist leader again with his helper tonight. I know he's been playing quite well lately.

If I'm judging by his pricetag I want more from him and rightfully so, but as for actual performances I believe he's a fully deserved starter. But obviously I hope and expect him to perform even better. I want him to be a game changer more often than he is at the moment!

Okay, most fans at the ground didn't see how bad a mistake it was (a mate texted me). So I take it you weren't at Anfield?
Seriously, were you?
How many games have you been to this year?
I'm not trying to slag off overseas fans, as I've been one for most of my life, but unless you've been recently you would know that we haven't been as bad as Liverpool were tonight since Palace.
And this is Liverpool. Famed for great fans.
They made me feel that we had great fans.
Nope - 3 and a half thousand miles away
none this year (or for the last 4)
I'm not deaf - I have sound on my TV and I read what people who do go say.
We put their team under for a long time and they were scared, they knew we wouldn't be a pushover
We do have great fans - sadly they can't all get the home game tickets, it would appear.
I'm not knocking our fans or supporting their club either.........

Back
Top Bottom