Tottenham v stoke city

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm actually going to this one. A fellow Spurs fan and one of my best friends son is going to his first ever match. When he was born I got him a Spurs Dribbler package for his Christening which had various stuff like a Spurs bib and scarf in it. His future was sealed before he even knew it.

I would start Llorente and Kane.
Don't really get this, Stoke have some big centre backs that are good in the air, so we don't really want to play to their strengths. And also, don't they play three at the back? Going two up front suits the 3ATB better as they can have two CB's marking and one covering, with the full backs covering the wingers.

I'm actually going to this one. A fellow Spurs fan and one of my best friends son is going to his first ever match. When he was born I got him a Spurs Dribbler package for his Christening which had various stuff like a Spurs bib and scarf in it. His future was sealed before he even knew it.
My other half is coming to this game with me, her first ever match. (She has zero interest in football). Hope it’s an exciting display and a romping victory to expel her view that football is extremely dull! No doubt it will be a 0-0 draw now.

:pochunimpressed:

Right.... we KNOW what Stoke will do (or try to do...)
We can't be surprised nor offended that teams will try all they can to stop us playing.
We just have to be cleverer than that and prevent it becoming a week in week out recurring nightmare...
Cos pretty much everyone bar the top 5 or 6 teams will try it... and 13 home games against dour spoiling tactics is a lot to get through! Sick of seeing teams think they're SO MUCH BETTER than us simply cos they stopped us playing at any opportunity.

BE BETTER THAN THEM, and they won't stand a chance!

Come on you Spurs...

Last edited:
Just bloody start the game with some tempo and energy for christ sake. Tired of these insipid first half displays.
Get that early goal (or at least look like getting it) and the bastards should crumble...
We badly need this win. COYS!

Lets go old skool (2016/7), I don't care how big the pitch is, press the shite out of them and get the three points in the bag.

I’ve really grown to like Stoke, thanks largely to their unwavering hatred of Woolwich. Their forums are also full of positive comments about our team. Obviously Adam is a piece of shit, but generally I admire the way they have developed a way of gaining points and competing in the Prem within their limitations.

Now go out there and tear them a new one.

The scorelines make the recent games look one sided, but I think Stoke play some nice football. They are streets ahead of a lot of mid-table teams in terms of the way they play.

Something's wrong with the scheduling. ... that's two 3pm Saturday games on the trot!
Hope we can get back to winning ways in the league, as we don't want to lose any more ground on the teams above us.

dbts.gif

Back
Top Bottom