Tottenham v stoke city

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

- Lloris -
- Trippier - Dier - Vertonghen - Davies -
- Winks - Dembele -
- Son - Dele - Eriksen -
- Kane -
Son’s pace will be vital in this. He has the ability to make space and turn in tight spaces. We need to keep it tight at the back and get the first goal, early as possible. Lamela to get more minutes ahead of a manic Christmas period.

Son and Winks were brilliant tonight. Winks is a compete midfielder. He wins the ball back, plays good passes and simple when needed. He could be the closest player to Scholes England have had.

Son is such a threat. He finds space, runs at defences and will always look to get forward.

Depleted in midfield and central defence.
4 players who started tonight 2 playing the full game whilst the other 2 shared a game ( which tells me maybe both will start)
Can’t see Foyth dropping into the back 3 to free up Dier for DM.
So it’s 4231
We really only have winks & Dembele available for CM unless he feels Dele/Sissoko or even Eriksen can drop in there.
Slightly concerned about Dembele. Hasn’t played well at all imo this year. Looked off it tonight in a game he should be commanding.
Crouch will be a handful in the air and the midfield needs to be strong.
Let’s hope Dembele is up to it.

I think the team will be
Lloris
Trippier
Dier
Vertonghen
Davies
Winks
Dembele
Eriksen
Dele
Lamela/Son ( probably Son as he was taken off tonight)
Kane

Vorm
Sissoko
Lamela/Son
Aurier
Foyth
Rose
Llorente

Brave
Lloris
Foyth—- Dier—- Vertonghen
Trippier -Winks - Davies
——-Eriksen——-
Lamela/Son———-Dele
Kane

Last edited:
Lloris
Tripper Jan dier Davies
Winks dembele
Lamela Eriksen son
Kane
3 0 nil us I'm feeling Confident are pace usually kills Stoke

Just bloody start the game with some tempo and energy for christ sake. Tired of these insipid first half displays.
Get that early goal (or at least look like getting it) and the bastards should crumble...
We badly need this win. COYS!

I don't rate either, but I'd rather have Lamela in the team over Alli at the moment too. Never thought I would be saying that 6 months ago.​

Fuck off you wanker!

It appears you "rate" nothing related to this club.... Your backhanded compliment to Lamela fools no-one.

I wanna see Winks, Dele, Eriksen, Son and Lamela, all starting.

Lets not rush Lamella... Plenty of gametime on the horizon.... Give him another 20min and maybe see how he fairs starting against Brighton.

....Geezer"s been out for over a year remember.

Stick with 433/4231, drop Dele slightly deeper.

--------------------Lloris

-------------------Dier-----Verts
Trippier--------------------------------Davies

---------------Winks-------Dembele
-------------------------Dele
----Lamela------------------------------Eriksen

---------------------------Kane

I don't think starting Tripps and Davies at Wembley against park the bus teams works much tbh. As I said, I would start Llorente with Kane so would actually go For Tripps and Rose starting this one. Trips for his crossing and Rose for pace.

Back
Top Bottom