TOTTENHAM V red scum plastic wankers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ive watched the game when it was on, the goals about 12 times, flicked through the whole match stream, selecting the best periods, and watched some short highlights, and MOTD...

Cup final? Fucking right it is you gooner cunts
i love them calling it our cup final. they couldn't be more right (league games obviously). i'm gonna milk it all week and won't let none of the mongs on my site forget it easily.

Been watching the game back now..

I've never seen the West Lower bouncing like how it was after our second goal.

And the scarf waving during Everywhere We Go... that needs to stay and become a part of the song! At least then we have something a bit more unique towards it (I'm sure other teams do it, but at least it's something!). Not seen the whole ground bouncing like that since Inter.

15 points from losing positions - highest in the Premier league.
If it happens once, its lucky, twice a bit fortunate, but as it keeps happening, it just shows we never know when we're beaten and we are as strong in the last minute as we are the first. Let's hope we can keep it going until the very last game.

Sorry if it's already been posted, but.
Muggiest song of the day award
1. Ohhhhhhhhhh...Ospina
2. Sol Campbell, he's one of our own. (As previously posted, they are welcome to him, can't believe they would celebrate the name of a traitor, even if it is to piss us off).

Just watching the match again. God help me it was glorious. Every man on the team giving everything, always looking to keep the attacks going. Just stirring stuff.

And I cannot say enough positives about the crowd. Ladies and gentlemen, they talk about atmosphere being dead. They talk of nothing being a patch on eastern Europe, or Latin America, or Dortmund. Bullshit.

You guys were great. Start to finish, in voice, always singing, and actually tuneful. I doff my cap to everyone at the match, you were truly world class, as much as the team on the pitch.

If it happens once, its lucky, twice a bit fortunate, but as it keeps happening, it just shows we never know when we're beaten and we are as strong in the last minute as we are the first. Let's hope we can keep it going until the very last game.

way back, when Woolwich were good (I did say way back!), I remember they always always would score late goals. And I thought, those jammy gits keeping on getting lucky. But of course, that's wrong. You win games with late goals when you are relentless and have total belief in yourself and your team mates and quality to actually do it. That's what we have and Woolwich clearly no longer do. Brilliant.

Found this article the other day, some quite good things to find in it http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...ttenham-revolution-is-ramping-up?ICID=TP_NL_8

Some interesting examples:

Such a radical transformation in philosophy was always going to take time, but the process was stalling. “We left a team at Southampton that practically trained itself after a year and a half to come here where we had to recreate everything that we had done at Southampton, pretty much from zero,” Pochettino explained

Not only are they running further, they are also running harder. Their average number of sprints – any time a player exceeds 25.2 km per hour – has increased, though only by 6.6 per game. That is not insignificant though; their average of 535 sprints per game since Kaboul & Adebayor were axed would now rank them second in the division, behind only Burnley (538), while the number of sprints they complete more than their opponent, per game, has increased from 4.1 to 30.7. A mammoth change.

907452.jpg

Burnley’s presence so high up the list is no surprise, with the old adage that teams run more without the ball ringing true for the side with the second-worst possession in the league. But not so for Tottenham, who have the fifth highest possession; Pochettino’s men just simply run more.

In theory their large percentage of possession relative to much of the league ought to yield fewer opportunities to win back the ball, yet they have successfully completed the most tackles in the division (404) and fifth-most interceptions (423).

“[Pochettino] puts emphasis on blocking passing lanes,” revealed Morgan Schneiderlin about his old manager’s defensive setup in an interview with L’Equipe. “I recall that he showed us from the start that a meter or half a meter could block two passing lanes in midfield, we just had to move a step ahead or orientate our body in a given way to put the opponent in trouble.”

909172.jpg

White line is when Adebayor, Kaboul and Lennon were mostly dropped. Interesting how there's no longer massive variation in the number of tackles, like there was earlier in the season.

Few more bits too, worth a read.

Just got into work and the talk is about the cricket!
Took me a while to explain the significance of the NLD and our win!
Oh the joys of living and working in far flung lands? COYS

Just caught up with the thread. Lovely stuff. Brilliant day yesterday. Ended up running on adrenaline and drinking so much that I pretty much collapsed when I got home. Atmosphere incredible, no stubhubbers around me. Just loyal spurs fans in delirium. As my old man said when we were walking out, it really feels like there is a connection between the team and the fans now. Closer than it has been in years. I love tottenham

Yeap, I've just voted ... and he's won it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's interesting, considering the debate on the media, and their coverage of Tottenham, that we, and our players, are getting some credit. I know you and I aren't too bothered what they say, but I will admit I'm not immune to a bit of flattery when it comes to Spurs. I just worry that the media's habit of building people up only to revel in knocking them down, won't affect us too much when the inevitable happens. I can't pretend to have a clue how a 21 year old can handle this pressure and expectation.

Back
Top Bottom