Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Sanchez have been better than Toby these 2 matches. If Jan is to be played, drop Toby. Sanchez need to play a lot this year, to develop into our leading defender. Jan and Toby is gone next season.
Sanchez needs to start every match. Rotate the two 30 year olds, one of which is leaving next Summer.

Our CB core will need some attention in 2020.

Lloris
KWP Alderweireld Sanchez Davies
Winks Ndombele
Lucas Lamela Son
Kane

Rose and Sissoko need to ride the bench for this one, they aren’t doing enough. Eriksen may not even be here in a weeks time so we need to trust in Lamela, until the window closes he needs to be left out.
Rose’s positioning has been awful the first two matches. Davies should start for sure.

Thinking like this is how you drop points to outfits like Newcastle.

Especially when we want Eriksen in the shop window, this game is a good opportunity for him.

Tbf, showing up vs City would have been infinitely more effective on that front.

If I'm RM I'm not gonna be particularly swayed by a few fancy passes against relegation fodder.

We should prepare for life without him; if he's still here on Sep 3rd he can work his way back into the reckoning.

As long as we win this game I couldn't really care less how it happens, early season games rarely see the best of any team and when you do they usually fade and die by Xmas, a scratchy 1-0 would do me lovely.

After two games I think it is pretty clear that playing Winks, Sissoko and Ndombele next to each other creates too much clutter in midfield. They eat up each others space and the clear role distribution that Winks and Moose worked off of last season comes undone. Getting Tanguy up to speed is important so I would move one of Winks and Moose to the bench to bolster it.

Also the diamond must die. It doesn't work and offers way too much space on the flanks to our opponents. Personally I'd like to see us try a 4-1-4-1. One of Winks, Moose or Tanguy just in front of the backline to shield it but allowed to make runs forward operating in a double pivot with their partner.

The Spurs fan litmus test; if you're not worried about fucking this game up then you don't know your history.....!

Please an early goal for us.

Indeed. Toon have a habit of beating us at the Lane.... I think it’s 3 in a row at the Lane.... including the season they went down....

Even last year at Wembley we needed a late keeper fumble.

I’m wary. But we should still smash them!!

:kanegoal: :sonlol::lamelaaghh:

Back
Top Bottom