Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Diamond
Concede on 14 minutes
Struggle
Subs on 65
Score 2 goals
Lo Celso on in the 87th
Poch is a genius
Sissoko is shit
KWP is shit
Eriksen is a victim of his own briliance

See you for the Scum game to discuss the same things

I totally get your point.

Sessengon has been injured all summer, but has already been reported to be available to start "in a couple of weeks".... Every player's different I guess.... We don't have their stats.

Like I said, I understand it's a gamble, but I don't wanna see us reliant upon Eriksen for the NLD. In fact who knows.... Eriksen may be in talks with other teams a day before the European trf window shuts... Not being prepared for such an eventuality wouldn't be good.

Most pre-seasons for players are around 6 weeks ideally - think Poch really squeezed it this preseason just to give the 10 players who were at WC a year or so ago and had almost no pre-season then (which is probably the reason for many muscular injuries such as hamstrings last season) an extra week holiday this summer as recovery time.

Can't see Poch taking a chance to start Lo Celso unless he's fully fit, and also playing on the same wavelength as other Spurs players which also takes a bit of time - unless as you say Poch knows Eriksen is definitely off on or before 2nd September (end of a TW in Spain, Italy, France & Germany ) which means Eriksen might not be focussed on NLD. In fact I'd go as far as saying that if Lo Celso starts v Newcastle or plays more than 45 minutes, that Poch is seriously concerned or knows that Eriksen is about to leave this TW.

Most pre-seasons for players are around 6 weeks ideally - think Poch really squeezed it this preseason just to give the 10 players who were at WC a year or so ago and had almost no pre-season then (which is probably the reason for many muscular injuries such as hamstrings last season) an extra week holiday this summer as recovery time.

Can't see Poch taking a chance to start Lo Celso unless he's fully fit, and also playing on the same wavelength as other Spurs players which also takes a bit of time - unless as you say Poch knows Eriksen is definitely off on or before 2nd September (end of a TW in Spain, Italy, France & Germany ) which means Eriksen might not be focussed on NLD. In fact I'd go as far as saying that if Lo Celso starts v Newcastle or plays more than 45 minutes, that Poch is seriously concerned or knows that Eriksen is about to leave this TW.

Time will tell.... I don't get paid the big bucks. Nor is it a prediction on my part.

Part of what concerns me with the Erikson/window scenario tho' is that late interest may come out of the blue and it will be too late for Poch to do anything about it and we'll end up lined up without a playmaker like we did for the bulk of the Villa game...

Last edited:
Diamond
Concede on 14 minutes
Struggle
Subs on 65
Score 2 goals
Lo Celso on in the 87th
Poch is a genius
Sissoko is shit
KWP is shit
Eriksen is a victim of his own briliance

See you for the Scum game to discuss the same things

I haven't been on here for many weeks and I have no intention of 'crossing swords' with you but please permit me to enquire why you positively invite confrontation with such negative and provocative posts. Do you simply seek attention (and a lot of dislikes) or do you genuinely believe what you are posting....such as the article I have replied to ?.
I'm not taking the piss here I just find your stance on a supporters forum quite baffling...... :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Time will tell.... I don't get paid the big bucks. Nor is it a prediction on my part.

Part of what concerns me with the Erikson/Window scenario tho' is that late interest may come out of the blue and it will be too late for Poch to do anything about it and we'll end up lined up without a playmaker like we did for the bulk of the Villa game...

Think its just the NLD where Poch is at risk though as Lo Celso should definitely for for next game v Palace on 14 September.

So risk one game - an important game but just one game. IMO Poch may push Lo Celso fitness but he's not going to take undue risks - otherwise problem might well be that Eriksen leaves but Lo Celso has a hamstring keeping him out for a month or two.

Just hope Dele will also be fit at around the start of September, and maybe Sessegnon too

I haven't been on here for many weeks and I have no intention of 'crossing swords' with you but please permit me to enquire why you positively invite confrontation with such negative and provocative posts. Do you simply seek attention (and a lot of dislikes) or do you genuinely believe what you are posting....such as the article I have replied to ?.
I'm not taking the piss here I just find your stance on a supporters forum quite baffling...... :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

51000 pos reps
3000 disagrees

90% of those disagrees are from a handful of sad cunts who go around blanket neg repping anything certain posters write regardless of content.

But even that aside, I think you’ll find that my posts are vastly positive ones.

If tragic morons don’t have an ounce of humour, then they might find the post you quoted as confrontational or aggressive.

But two people funnied it. So what the fuck is your actual point?

Think its just the NLD where Poch is at risk though as Lo Celso should definitely for for next game v Palace on 14 September.

So risk one game - an important game but just one game. IMO Poch may push Lo Celso fitness but he's not going to take undue risks - otherwise problem might well be that Eriksen leaves but Lo Celso has a hamstring keeping him out for a month or two.

Just hope Dele will also be fit at around the start of September, and maybe Sessegnon too

See earlier post... By what logic would Sessengon be ready before GLC?

Dele not much different as he's been injured too....

51000 pos reps
3000 disagrees

90% of those disagrees are from a handful of sad cunts who go around blanket neg repping anything certain posters write regardless of content.

But even that aside, I think you’ll find that my posts are vastly positive ones.

If tragic morons don’t have an ounce of humour, then they might find the post you quoted as confrontational or aggressive.

My point is that you begin posting such negative stuff before the match. Criticise a poor performance afterwards by all means but then also post what you would have done instead thus inviting debate. Why not post :
Do not use the diamond formation, defend solidly to avoid conceding an early goal, subs on much earlier than 65th minute (Lo Celso included) if it's not working, to allow them to make an impact.

Why add
Poch is a genius
Sissoko is shit
KWP is shit
Eriksen is a victim of his own briliance :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Your response of :

That tells me all I need to know.....sorry to have bothered you. My question has been answered and I shall trouble you no further.

My point is that you begin posting such negative stuff before the match. Criticise a poor performance afterwards by all means but then also post what you would have done instead thus inviting debate. Why not post :
Do not use the diamond formation, defend solidly to avoid conceding an early goal, subs on much earlier than 65th minute (Lo Celso included) if it's not working, to allow them to make an impact.

Why add
Poch is a genius
Sissoko is shit
KWP is shit
Eriksen is a victim of his own briliance :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Your response of :

That tells me all I need to know.....sorry to have bothered you. My question has been answered and I shall trouble you no further.

Take it to a psychology forum pal, I couldn’t give a fuck

Trust me you are better off just ignoring him. He is a keyboard warrior and honestly it’s just sad to watch. Dragging this whole forum down, constantly spamming the same negative posts over and over again. He probably does it to get attention, so best not to give him any. You will get annoyed unless you ignore him. :thumbup:

Trust me you are better off just ignoring him. He is a keyboard warrior and honestly it’s just sad to watch. Dragging this whole forum down, constantly spamming the same negative posts over and over again. He probably does it to get attention, so best not to give him any. You will get annoyed unless you ignore him. :thumbup:

I always think there are two ways of viewing a smiley face rating. It means people either find it humorous or laughable and there is a huge distinction. I appreciate the advice :thumbup:

I always think there are two ways of viewing a smiley face rating. It means people either find it humorous or laughable and there is a huge distinction. I appreciate the advice :thumbup:

Too contentious innit.
Always thought we should turn this: :avbfu: into a "you're a cunt" rating myself....

Clarity is everyone's friend :)

With last night showing, Eriksen should be drop to the bench again. Only plays him if we need something at late like AV.
And hell with slowly integrating GLC, we are playing in home. It's the classic fresh graduate need job for experience required in job application paradox.
So for me.
Lloris
KWP Toby Sanchez Davies
Winks LoCelso
Lucas Lamela Son
Kane

Please Sunday come sooner. Need something to wash up last night performance.

Lloris
KWP Alderweireld Sanchez Davies
Winks Ndombele
Lucas Lamela Son
Kane

Rose and Sissoko need to ride the bench for this one, they aren’t doing enough. Eriksen may not even be here in a weeks time so we need to trust in Lamela, until the window closes he needs to be left out.

Surely against a team like Newcastle we could do with not playing Eriksen at all. Give the midfield to Winks Ndombele Sissoko and Lo Celso, why waste valuable game time to Eriksen?
Thinking like this is how you drop points to outfits like Newcastle.

Especially when we want Eriksen in the shop window, this game is a good opportunity for him.

Back
Top Bottom