Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it was fixed that this was our first fixture, and Sky were drooling over the prospect that Kane would be playing for the opposition. As Kevin Keegan once said " I would just love it" if we smashed this plastic team out of the park.
And Kane should not be allowed anywhere near the team, until after the window closes, if he hasn't be sold by then.
Preach!

YOUR MATCHDAY CHECKLIST

We have put together the below matchday checklist with some useful tips to help with your matchday experience.

All Season Ticket Holders should ensure their Digital Season Ticket Pass is downloaded into the digital wallet on their mobile device - for more information on digital tickets see below or visit Ask Spurs.

1. Ensure your Digital Season Ticket Pass is downloaded to the digital wallet of your mobile device (if you have purchased guest tickets, details on sharing them are below)
  2. Ensure your phone is charged before you set off
  3. Be ready to present your NHS Covid Pass or proof of a negative PCR or rapid lateral flow test (LFT) result taken no more than 48 hours before kick-off.
  4. Bring a face mask or face covering
  5. Leave your bags at home, unless they comply with our bag policy
  6. Bring a form of cashless payment
  7. Plan your journey ahead of setting off
  8. Wash and/or sanitise your hands regularly
  9. Respect your fellow fans and Club staff – read and agree to abide by the Code of Conduct
  10. Do not attend if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms

I don't get why Gil is not ready. He just literally finished a competition last week, if any, he is the most ready physically. Yes, not enough time to integrate to the squad to feel good and instill the playing philosophy, but he is an attacking player, so it will impact less to his performance. Anyway, it all depends on how the manager see the players, and how the manager method on managing newcomer. But i could see him on the bench easily.
Bergwijn start immediately and score when he first arrive.
Personally im cautiously hopeful but lean towards more skeptical with this signing, maybe due to his stature. But NES did focus his attacking plays on winger a lot. So lets see.

I'm guessing they'll have Ederson, Stones, Sterling and Walker back so pretty much full strength except for De Bruyne/Foden. Typical.

Bit of a free hit here. Good chance to start well for Nuno and not the end of the world if we lose.

I'm guessing they'll have Ederson, Stones, Sterling and Walker back so pretty much full strength except for De Bruyne/Foden. Typical.

Bit of a free hit here. Good chance to start well for Nuno and not the end of the world if we lose.

That's the way I'm inclined to see it...... You could argue it's the best time to be playing them.

Having no Kane for the game doesn't concern me as much as having the rest of our game/line-up organised.

• Lloris
  • Doherty
  • Alderweireld
  • Dier
  • Davies
  • Højbjerg
  • Winks
  • Lucas Moura
  • Alli
  • Son Heung-Min
  • Kane
The above is the starting 11 from the first match last season which lost 1-0 at home to Everton. Toby has left but with Kane unlikely to play, will the starting 11 Sunday be any better?

• Lloris
  • Doherty
  • Alderweireld
  • Dier
  • Davies
  • Højbjerg
  • Winks
  • Lucas Moura
  • Alli
  • Son Heung-Min
  • Kane
The above is the starting 11 from the first match last season which lost 1-0 at home to Everton. Toby has left but with Kane unlikely to play, will the starting 11 Sunday be any better?
Hopefully they'll be at least 4 changes 3 of which are more attacking (Tanganga, Skipp and Reg)

Lloris
Tanganga Sanchez Dier Reggie
Skipp Hojbjerg
Moura Dele Son
Kane

If Kane doesn't play then Son up top and Bergwijn in which would mean 5 changes from the first Prem game of last season.

Plus possibly Los Celso on bench?

• Lloris
  • Doherty
  • Alderweireld
  • Dier
  • Davies
  • Højbjerg
  • Winks
  • Lucas Moura
  • Alli
  • Son Heung-Min
  • Kane
yea, as long as winks doesnt start it will be far better

I don't get why Gil is not ready. He just literally finished a competition last week, if any, he is the most ready physically. Yes, not enough time to integrate to the squad to feel good and instill the playing philosophy, but he is an attacking player, so it will impact less to his performance. Anyway, it all depends on how the manager see the players, and how the manager method on managing newcomer. But i could see him on the bench easily.
Bergwijn start immediately and score when he first arrive.
Personally im cautiously hopeful but lean towards more skeptical with this signing, maybe due to his stature. But NES did focus his attacking plays on winger a lot. So lets see.
hopefully he didnt train like a donkey....

In the admittedly unlikely event that he does sign some brilliant new contract before this game we need to keep him far away from it. I bet Guardiola can be a right spiteful cunt when he doesn't get his way - you can't rule out the possibility of him tasking Zinchenko with the mission of snapping Kane's leg

Let's sign James Ward-Prowse quick to take the free kick then?

In the admittedly unlikely event that he does sign some brilliant new contract before this game we need to keep him far away from it. I bet Guardiola can be a right spiteful cunt when he doesn't get his way - you can't rule out the possibility of him tasking Zinchenko with the mission of snapping Kane's leg

THIS x 1000

The actual odds on spurs getting anything out of this are huge....

We're 5-1 for the win which is huge for a home team.

1-0 Spurs is also huge at 17-1

2-0 Spurs is 37-1

I know City are the favourites but some of the prices being offered are incredible.

That's because it's hard to keep it at nil with Dier

An interesting article released by the PL today in anticipation of this match. Below is an excerpt -

————
How Son can lead the line against Man City

Son's impact with/without Kane​

With KaneWithout Kane
Matches22753
Goals7730
Goals/match0.340.57
It is fascinating to compare Son’s scoring record with and without Kane.

While it undoubtedly suits him to make runs beyond Kane when the England captain drops deep, Son has a significantly better return when playing up front alone.

He has scored 30 goals in 53 matches without his team-mate - a rate of 0.57 per match - and will relish the chance to make his mark again as a mobile centre-forward.

If Man City are not switched on, Son’s dynamic movement could help Spurs to a fourth straight home win against them.
————

Last edited:

An interesting article released by the PL today in anticipation of this match. Below is an excerpt -

————
How Son can lead the line against Man City

Son's impact with/without Kane​

With KaneWithout Kane
Matches22753
Goals7730
Goals/match0.340.57
It is fascinating to compare Son’s scoring record with and without Kane.

While it undoubtedly suits him to make runs beyond Kane when the England captain drops deep, Son has a significantly better return when playing up front alone.

He has scored 30 goals in 53 matches without his team-mate - a rate of 0.57 per match - and will relish the chance to make his mark again as a mobile centre-forward.

If Man City are not switched on, Son’s dynamic movement could help Spurs to a fourth straight home win against them.
————

2020%2f7%2fSonKaneArt.png

Despite being a season ticket holder, I actually want to sell the ticket so I can re-purchase an adult ticket with a junior. The pricing for the game is a complete joke and the amount of tickets on sale/resale says it all about what people think. Maybe the covid fear is still there but even so, you would think the first game back they would be sensibly priced. dogshit tickets up in the clouds are £60 and everything else upwards from there.

Back
Top Bottom