Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Change in PL rules

L.28. Subject to Rule L.28A, in any League Match a Club may include in its team sheet up to nine substitute Players of whom not more than three may take part in the League Match subject to the conditions set out in Law 3 of the Laws of the Game.

Up to 9 subs on bench, but only 3 may play. Opportunity to put 2 or 3 youth players on bench ?

Change in PL rules

L.28. Subject to Rule L.28A, in any League Match a Club may include in its team sheet up to nine substitute Players of whom not more than three may take part in the League Match subject to the conditions set out in Law 3 of the Laws of the Game.

Up to 9 subs on bench, but only 3 may play. Opportunity to put 2 or 3 youth players on bench ?
Back to three substitutions then? Thank fuck for that

I don't get the inferiority complex some people have in relation to Man City. As soon as they come up in the fixture list, it's "Oh, we're shit and we're going to lose" but our record against them is actually pretty respectable compared to the dominance some of the other clubs have had over us during the last 20-30 years like United, Liverpool, Woolwich and Chelsea.

And, it's the same with Harry Kane: "Man City want him and they're better than us so we should just give him to them and take whatever charitable donation they're willing to give. They're higher up in the food chain than us so it doesn't matter if we spend millions on lottery ticket players to try and get back to where we were. Let's just give Man City what they want and hope they don't get angry with us".

Bollocks to that. It's time we put these upstarts back where they belong. Nothing less than an emphatic win will do.
Your post makes no sense.

They are the champions of England, they have better players than us in virtually every position. It's not an inferiority complex its called reality.

And nowhere did I say we should just give them Kane either.

The only thing in your post that I do agree with is that we do have a decent record against them to a degree, they've also whipped up by the odd 5 & 6 goal margin but we can occasionally turn them over. So yeah compared to our record against the other big clubs I would agree we do hold over them sometimes.

But as my post pointed out we have to be on top of our game with a full eleven and a bit of momentum, the team that started against Woolwich is probably the team that's going to start against City that's my concern. Romero, Kane and Gil are highly unlikely to be ready.

It's got bugger all to do with an inferiority complex.

I always looked at this game as a great opportunity to start the season with a win when the fixtures were released.

I know pre season results are nothing to go by when the season starts but City will have multiple absentees From there starting lineup And they haven’t looked all that in pre season they should’ve been beaten by a bigger score last weekend against Leicester it’s just a good timed fixture and opportunity to beat them.

Optimistic Spurs to win 2-0

Sonny double

COYS

Lo Celso for Bergwijn, push on from the chavs and the arse

Lloris

Tanganga Sanchez Dier Reguilon

Hojbjerg Skipp Lo Celso

Moura Son Dele
From
Gollini, Whiteman, Romero, Rodon, Carter-vickers, Aurier, Sessegnon, Doherty, Davies, Sissoko, Winks, NDombele, Bergwijn, Gil, Clarke (although a few of those won't be involved)

Some of you are saying about City players missing, can anyone take a guess at what their team might be?

Looking at their starting XI and sub for the Community Shield, seems like it's missing mostly England players who played in all the Euro games, Ederson also missing (did he play in the Copa? I don't know who Brazil's keeper is). I'll assume Ederson will come back, team be something like:

ederson; cancelo, dias, ake, mendy; silva, rodri, gundogan; mahrez, torres, grealish

I think their forwards/midfield will cause us problems when they have the ball, but with Son and Moura, we might be able to get at them on the break. A lot of it will come down to how well our defenders do and not giving away any gifts.

Some of you are saying about City players missing, can anyone take a guess at what their team might be?

Looking at their starting XI and sub for the Community Shield, seems like it's missing mostly England players who played in all the Euro games, Ederson also missing (did he play in the Copa? I don't know who Brazil's keeper is). I'll assume Ederson will come back, team be something like:

ederson; cancelo, dias, ake, mendy; silva, rodri, gundogan; mahrez, torres, grealish

I think their forwards/midfield will cause us problems when they have the ball, but with Son and Moura, we might be able to get at them on the break. A lot of it will come down to how well our defenders do and not giving away any gifts.
I expect it's the usual Pep shit. They'll probably all play including those he claims are suffering from life threatening injuries.

Change in PL rules

Any update on concussion subs?

So we have lost Bale, Vinny, Toby and Lamela from last season. None of the new players look likely to play. Several players including Kane, Ndombele & Lo celso have had very little mins in pre season and others may still depart. We are playing the best team in the Country. I find it very difficult to get any enthusiasm for this match and hope we do not end up bottom of the league on Goal difference.. Roll on September when hopefully the squad will be stronger although that depends on Levy standing firm on Kane.
Sky of course have the match and will plug away at Kane leaving.

Please break the ass of the emir's team. I love Pep Guardiola but he disappointed me very much. So many talks about the philosophy of beautiful football, Bielsa, then spend like rich fools paying too much players and therefore unbalancing the market.

And so the circle is complete...

Yes.... But weren't we "expecting" him to be back for training and Covid tests last week as well?

Apart from that, I do actually think he might be in the bench...... Purely to try and boost his PR image in an attempt to mend some of the damage that it has taken in recent days.

Lo Celso for Bergwijn, push on from the chavs and the arse

Lloris

Tanganga Sanchez Dier Reguilon

Hojbjerg Skipp Lo Celso

Moura Son Dele
From
Gollini, Whiteman, Romero, Rodon, Carter-vickers, Aurier, Sessegnon, Doherty, Davies, Sissoko, Winks, NDombele, Bergwijn, Gil, Clarke (although a few of those won't be involved)
That's a pretty shite first eleven.

Back
Top Bottom