Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My guess based on pre season the lineup is going to be

Lloris
Tanganga Romero Dier Reggie
PEH Skipp Dele
Lucas Son Berg

Only person for sure on the bench is Gollini. Not sure who else. I say play Romero with just a weeks worth of training. I can’t think anybody expects much from this match so let’s see what he’s got.

I think it was fixed that this was our first fixture, and Sky were drooling over the prospect that Kane would be playing for the opposition. As Kevin Keegan once said " I would just love it" if we smashed this plastic team out of the park.
And Kane should not be allowed anywhere near the team, until after the window closes, if he hasn't be sold by then.
Mrs P, your fired up….You know Kane’s done wrong when even you are looking for blood…

Gil and Romero won't be available and I don't see Rodon ready yet.

Lloris
Tanganga Dier Sanchez Reggie
Skipp PEH
Berg Dele Son
Lucas

Winks, Kane and Doherty off the bench probably.

We win 2-1 with Sonny having a brace and giving Kane two fingers up to show he's the captain now. (Captain as in boss not captain captain which should stay with Lloris)

Gil and Romero won't be available and I don't see Rodon ready yet.

Lloris
Tanganga Dier Sanchez Reggie
Skipp PEH
Berg Dele Son
Lucas

Winks, Kane and Doherty off the bench probably.

We win 2-1 with Sonny having a brace and giving Kane two fingers up to show he's the captain now. (Captain as in boss not captain captain which should stay with Lloris)

not a chance we are winning with Sanchez and Dier at the back. Utter dog shit, we will get smashed to pieces.

Given who has played in the trial games, who would you go for ?

Would rather Rodon and Tanganga if I’m honest and those 2 would also get pulverised, but they can’t be any worse than the 2 clowns. Just goes to show how much we badly need a complete defence apart from Reguilon. In fact, I would play Romero. A half fit Romero is better than any of Sanchez and Dier

Would rather Rodon and Tanganga if I’m honest and those 2 would also get pulverised, but they can’t be any worse than the 2 clowns. Just goes to show how much we badly need a complete defence apart from Reguilon. In fact, I would play Romero. A half fit Romero is better than any of Sanchez and Dier

Fair enough.

Cant see Romero starting, as much as I would like him to.

not a chance we are winning with Sanchez and Dier at the back. Utter dog shit, we will get smashed to pieces.
We play City well usually so we always have a chance. Rodon and Romero are coming back from injury so rushing them back to play a game we are big underdogs in just to see them get hurt and be out longer wouldn't make any sense.

Play the team that's been playing friendlies, give Romero another week then come in strong for a very favorable run of fixtures after City.

Kane will not be playing . He won’t even be in the stadium

Quite simply, if Kane is fit, Kane starts.

If there really is an intention to sell him to City, the club would likely have an injury cover story to explain his absence.

Failing that, let's announce Kane's new 5 year contract just before kick off.

Mrs P, your fired up….You know Kane’s done wrong when even you are looking for blood…
Don't care who it is, anyone who disrespects my Club can go and take a running jump. People like Klinsmann, Modric, Berbatov, Keane, Carr, Sheringham will never be true legends for me, and even if Kane does stay, I won't feel the same about him after all the shenanigans.

Quite simply, if Kane is fit, Kane starts.

If there really is an intention to sell him to City, the club would likely have an injury cover story to explain his absence.

Failing that, let's announce Kane's new 5 year contract just before kick off.
He'll be sold on deadline day. We all know how this scenario plays out by now.

Probably already agreed between player and chairman. Kane gets his wish at the cost of being painted the villain.
Chairman cashes in but comes out smelling of roses.

As a keen philanthropist, a £20 charity bet awaits the first taker.

Not an ideal fixture to start the season, could get messy as the new signings haven't had time and probably won't start the season, neither will Kane in all likelihood so we start with roughly what we had against Woolwich, which lets be honest isn't great. I fear for us with any combination of Dier/Sanchez/Rodon against City's attacking talent.

Would rip your hand off for a draw but can see us going down 3-1
I don't get the inferiority complex some people have in relation to Man City. As soon as they come up in the fixture list, it's "Oh, we're shit and we're going to lose" but our record against them is actually pretty respectable compared to the dominance some of the other clubs have had over us during the last 20-30 years like United, Liverpool, Woolwich and Chelsea.

And, it's the same with Harry Kane: "Man City want him and they're better than us so we should just give him to them and take whatever charitable donation they're willing to give. They're higher up in the food chain than us so it doesn't matter if we spend millions on lottery ticket players to try and get back to where we were. Let's just give Man City what they want and hope they don't get angry with us".

Bollocks to that. It's time we put these upstarts back where they belong. Nothing less than an emphatic win will do.

9 man bench is seemingly being made permanent.

This is a change that I can get behind. It will allow us to have some youth players more regularly involved in match squads if anything.

Back
Top Bottom