Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Change in PL rules

L.28. Subject to Rule L.28A, in any League Match a Club may include in its team sheet up to nine substitute Players of whom not more than three may take part in the League Match subject to the conditions set out in Law 3 of the Laws of the Game.

Up to 9 subs on bench, but only 3 may play. Opportunity to put 2 or 3 youth players on bench ?
Doubt it - they said that would happen when they increased it to 5 subs, they then said that would happen when they increased it to 7 subs.

:harrysmile:

Be prepared to have to show proof of a double jab or negative test.

Entry requirements for the 2021/22 season​

• Following the Premier League’s announcement, adult supporters should be prepared to show they have been fully vaccinated or have received a negative test result no more than 48 hours prior to kick-off when attending matches this season
• Entry requirement further ensures the safety and comfort of our supporters, players and staff as we welcome capacity crowds for the first time since March 2020
• U18s are exempt and will only require a valid match ticket for entry
• Supporters will be asked to abide by Code of Conduct

The actual odds on spurs getting anything out of this are huge....

We're 5-1 for the win which is huge for a home team.

1-0 Spurs is also huge at 17-1

2-0 Spurs is 37-1

I know City are the favourites but some of the prices being offered are incredible.

The actual odds on spurs getting anything out of this are huge....

We're 5-1 for the win which is huge for a home team.

1-0 Spurs is also huge at 17-1

2-0 Spurs is 37-1

I know City are the favourites but some of the prices being offered are incredible.
Prices?

You make it sound like you're getting something in return.

Can we please keep the gambling off this site, ffs.

Doubt it - they said that would happen when they increased it to 5 subs, they then said that would happen when they increased it to 7 subs.

:harrysmile:

Agree that the change from 5 to 7 subs was hoped to allow more youngsters on bench - but it didn't

I'm hoping that with 6 unused subs on bench (assuming 3 are used) that there will be enough comment to persuade clubs to put some youth on benches.

In Spurs case if Kane (and Wikns) leaves we will need more Club trained players, and that will be another incentive. Depends then whether manager decides to develop the youngsters

Agree that the change from 5 to 7 subs was hoped to allow more youngsters on bench - but it didn't

I'm hoping that with 6 unused subs on bench (assuming 3 are used) that there will be enough comment to persuade clubs to put some youth on benches.

In Spurs case if Kane (and Wikns) leaves we will need more Club trained players, and that will be another incentive.
I always felt that there should have been a rule that 2 of the subs would have to be homegrown U21s.

Hugo
Tanganga - Romero/Sanchez-Dier-Reguilon
Skipp-Hojbjerg-GLC
Lucas-Dele-Son

It’s edging closer. Actually starting to get excited now. Can’t believe that it’s been over 18 months since I’ve been.

I just hope we don’t turn in a turgid performance. Give us some football that gets the pulse rate up please Nuno.

So we have lost Bale, Vinny, Toby and Lamela from last season. None of the new players look likely to play. Several players including Kane, Ndombele & Lo celso have had very little mins in pre season and others may still depart. We are playing the best team in the Country. I find it very difficult to get any enthusiasm for this match and hope we do not end up bottom of the league on Goal difference.. Roll on September when hopefully the squad will be stronger although that depends on Levy standing firm on Kane.
Sky of course have the match and will plug away at Kane leaving.
One of the big advantages of watching this, and any game live is that I don't have to put up with the claptrap that passes for commentary.

Be prepared to have to show proof of a double jab or negative test.

Entry requirements for the 2021/22 season​

• Following the Premier League’s announcement, adult supporters should be prepared to show they have been fully vaccinated or have received a negative test result no more than 48 hours prior to kick-off when attending matches this season
• Entry requirement further ensures the safety and comfort of our supporters, players and staff as we welcome capacity crowds for the first time since March 2020
• U18s are exempt and will only require a valid match ticket for entry
• Supporters will be asked to abide by Code of Conduct

Less and less excuses not to have had it really.
There must be cases where people can't have it for some medical reason. I'm sure they'd be entitled to a pass of some kind but you'd have to ask why someone is unwell enough to not take a vaccine but well enough to attend a 60k person football match.

Less and less excuses not to have had it really.
There must be cases where people can't have it for some medical reason. I'm sure they'd be entitled to a pass of some kind but you'd have to ask why someone is unwell enough to not take a vaccine but well enough to attend a 60k person football match.
Not being able to take the vaccine doesn't necessarily mean they are unwell.

And so the circle is complete...

In the admittedly unlikely event that he does sign some brilliant new contract before this game we need to keep him far away from it. I bet Guardiola can be a right spiteful cunt when he doesn't get his way - you can't rule out the possibility of him tasking Zinchenko with the mission of snapping Kane's leg

Not being able to take the vaccine doesn't necessarily mean they are unwell.
Why else would you not be able to take it?
Unwell could mean potentially allergy issues that are known about. Point still stands, if you're unable to take a vaccine for a virus, why would you be OK exposing yourself to the virus?

Why else would you not be able to take it?
Unwell could mean potentially allergy issues that are known about. Point still stands, if you're unable to take a vaccine for a virus, why would you be OK exposing yourself to the virus?
My mother has a weak immune system and several auto-immune conditions; she was housebound with these problems even before Covid and has been in the clinically vulnerable group from day one. I keep regular contact by phone but I have not been able to visit her since the pandemic began.

She had a bad reaction to the first AZ dose. This put her in hospital where she contracted Covid. She survived thanks to having had the first dose but is unable to risk the second one.

There are clinically vulnerable people who are unable to take advantage of the vaccine but there is no way that they should be at a football match.

My mother has a weak immune system and several auto-immune conditions; she was housebound with these problems even before Covid and has been in the clinically vulnerable group from day one. I keep regular contact by phone but I have not been able to visit her since the pandemic began.

She had a bad reaction to the first AZ dose. This put her in hospital where she contracted Covid. She survived thanks to having had the first dose but is unable to risk the second one.

There are clinically vulnerable people who are unable to take advantage of the vaccine but there is no way that they should be at a football match.

Great to hear Mama Chameleon bounced back OK.... :tobyarm:

It's exactly this. I feel really bad that the vaccine can't be taken by everyone but anyone who can't take it (genuinely) has no business being out at risk so shouldn't really be complaining.

Back
Top Bottom