Tottenham v Barnsley in the whatever it's called cup!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It might be a low rate trophy but I would be quite happy if we won it. No trophy since 2008 is irritating with the squad we have had since then and now have.

Players want to win things and I want spurs to win trophies, it's a great habit and winning a cup can lead to better things

I would love for us to win it!

A trophy is a trophy.

It might be a low rate trophy but I would be quite happy if we won it. No trophy since 2008 is irritating with the squad we have had since then and now have.

Players want to win things and I want spurs to win trophies, it's a great habit and winning a cup can lead to better things
I wouldn't mind winning this cup & finishing outside the top 4 in our season at wembley.

I'm actually really looking forward to this one. Hopefully the fans at Wembley all want to be there, especially with the prices. With a bit of pressure off we should have a good performance and result. COYS.

Vorm
Trippier - Sanchez - Foyth - KWP
Dier - Winks
Sissoko - Alli - N'Koudou
Llorente
Bench: Gazzaniga, Vertonghen, Oakley-Boothe, Edwards, Eriksen, Georgiou, Sterling.

2-0
Llorente x2

Agreed.

It's likely to be between us, Liverpool and Woolwich and I'd say we were better than both of them.
Our star players don't "deserve" to not play champions league. I could see hugo, vertonghen and Kane for example being "okay" with that one season because of the away season at wembley. But guys like Toby, eriksen and alli could want leave based on that.

We should be playing barcelona, juventus, Bayern and all that on our first season at the new home, not sides from Polska or Ukraine for fuck sake.

The only aceptable way to miss top4 is because we gonna win the Europa league against the scum on the final.

we really shouldnt fail top 4
At WHL we wouldn't. But no real home matches is a massive disadvantage.
A lot obviously depends on how the others get on this year & that's very unpredictable.
I wouldn't be too disappointed if we miss out on CL football for this 1 season away.
I know we will miss out on a lot of ££ but we aren't big spenders anyway.

Our star players don't "deserve" to not play champions league. I could see hugo, vertonghen and Kane for example being "okay" with that one season because of the away season at wembley. But guys like Toby, eriksen and alli could want leave based on that.

We should be playing barcelona, juventus, Bayern and all that on our first season at the new home, not sides from Polska or Ukraine for fuck sake.

The only aceptable way to miss top4 is because we gonna win the Europa league against the scum on the final.
If we lose any star players I think it will be for money & trophies (walker).
So that won't change much with us not being in the CL for 1 year.
I don't think a season out the CL will be the difference between them staying or not.
You say they deserve to be in the CL.
I'd go a step further & say they deserve medals too. & realistically you don't win many here (if any). So participating in the CL won't be a good enough consolation if they want medals.

This cup isn't important. It's crap. Players won't stay or come because we won a freakin EFL cup. It gives nowhere near the money that CL qualification or advancement does. This is money we need because we don't have infinite budgets like most of our rivals. We need the CL going into next year when our new stadium opens. We would be a HUGE draw for players. No one will want to come here or stay just because we won the crappiest cup. This cup gives you guys as fans bragging rights over your Woolwich buddies, but it doesn't do the future of the club much good. Getting out of the group in the CL is far more important.

If we were offered this trophy or getting to CL round of 16, I'd take CL all day (assuming we don't go on to win Europa).

We are only one game into UCL and already are guaranteed 14.2 million. We would get another 9.5 million if we qualified for the round of 16 (assuming 2 wins and a draw). We'd get a whopping 100,000 from winning the "insert terrible name here" cup.

Last edited:
Only proper response after yesterday is to come out and outright murder Barnsley. I want to see the team come out with fire in their eyes.

Overall the past week was a good one for Spurs. 2 out of 3 games won is not bad by any stretch, but we fumbled up the Swansea game no way around that.

Best possible response is to beat Barnsley back into the woods and then go on to wreck West Ham.

Poch is no novice when rotating the squad and so can't see much problems with what ever team Poch pics. Let's not wobble because Swansea we are at decent side which Will produce its best football this season . We may not be consistent in the league because of the Wembley factor whatever that means but we will perform when it matters I'm sure . I guess the players are desperate for some success this season , we will see this team achieve something special I'm sure . come on you spurs

This cup isn't important. It's crap. Players won't stay or come because we won a freakin EFL cup. It gives nowhere near the money that CL qualification or advancement does. This is money we need because we don't have infinite budgets like most of our rivals. We need the CL going into next year when our new stadium opens. We would be a HUGE draw for players. No one will want to come here or stay just because we won the crappiest cup. This cup gives you guys as fans bragging rights over your Woolwich buddies, but it doesn't do the future of the club much good. Getting out of the group in the CL is far more important.

If we were offered this trophy or getting to CL round of 16, I'd take CL all day (assuming we don't go on to win Europa).

We are only one game into UCL and already are guaranteed 14.2 million. We would get another 9.5 million if we qualified for the round of 16 (assuming 2 wins and a draw). We'd get a whopping 100,000 from winning the "insert terrible name here" cup.
A cup is still a Cup.. . Even if some see it as 'beneath us'!
It's still given us numerous, memorable days out... and I for one was pretty chuffed in '99 and '08 at Wembley!!
I'm sure Ralph Coates cherished HIS League Cup winners medal too!

Vorm
Trippier - Sanchez - Foyth - KWP
Dier - Winks
Sissoko - Alli - N'Koudou
Llorente
Bench: Gazzaniga, Vertonghen, Oakley-Boothe, Edwards, Eriksen, Georgiou, Sterling.

2-0
Llorente x2
That's just insane, can't have that much rotation. I thought you were a professional scout and had loads of football knowledge, that's an insanely dumb team

Back
Top Bottom