Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Thursday the 7th of December 2023 at 20:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is basically what West Ham did last night and it got the better of Angeball
No it didn't. It was two ridiculous flukey goals and our own inability to finish cos we got 2 shit wingers and a striker who has no physical presence in the box.

If that's the case where is the Kane replacement?

The Kane replacement was Johnson, he was Ange's priority signing:

View: https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1697594369543479546

Oh he wanted him alright:

View: https://twitter.com/TheSpursExpress/status/1697628964146053362

Don't say BJ like you did in the other thread and mug yourself off again please, he is not a CF he's a winger. I like the lad he has real potential but he's 10 goals tops. If you think he's a replacement for Kane you're a mug.

Manager said there's no like for like replacement:

View: https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1690010084527550464

Where are the centre backs?

Actually you're right we couldn't get another CB in but we did have Sanchez who the manager was happy to let go,

Why is he having to resort to playing Ederson last week?

Ederson doesn't play for us :)

Where's the ammunition coming off the bench when we need a goal?

The ammunition coming off the bench are currently injured mate or playing out of necessity due to the injury crisis, how are you actually struggling with this?

So clearly he hasn't got the signings he wanted has he you absolute div.

I think you'll find he was happy with every player we bought in unless you can tell me who the alternatives were?

He might say in his pressers that he's happy enough with what he has to work with but then he's hardly going to say otherwise when he's just through the door is he?

He's said it on numerous occasions including this:

View: https://twitter.com/thespursweb/status/1692516161391296764

I think the problem is that you don't do enough research on your own club, you sound like a rival fan.

I'm still fuming at the way we let them snatch all three points yesterday. No point in having most of the play if we don't put away our chances!
I really don't like the constant passing in our area, just asking for trouble - do it further up the pitch.
Although not as obvious in previous games, still felt like we were punished for shoulder charges and they got away with a few fouls.
And who made them European champions, I thought that was citeh??
It's not passing in our own half that's the problem. It's the dawdling on the ball. Udogie was dawdling for no reason until his meagre passing options (thanks to angeball) dried up and he was forced to pass backward while being off balance.

Still it's 90% down to just Udogie being lazy.

Actually you're right we couldn't get another CB in but we did have Sanchez who the manager was happy to let go,

The ammunition coming off the bench are currently injured mate or playing out of necessity due to the injury crisis, how are you actually struggling with this?

I think you'll find he was happy with every player we bought in unless you can tell me who the alternatives were?

I think the problem is that you don't do enough research on your own club, you sound like a rival fan.

You need a CF to replace a CF not a winger.

I'm done with this convo you are a fucking idiot.

Newcastle is going to be so so tough on Sunday, particularly in light of their result tonight.
Then Forest away on Friday night is far from a gimme.

All of a sudden you could be looking at where is the next win going to come from, and then you’ll have the usuals coming out with the barbed comments towards another manager, barbed comments they will never dare say against the real problem at this club.
Yep it’s always the managers fault in the end, rather than the main men running the club who also pick said manager.
Newcastle have way more injuries & are up & down so it’s a hard one to call. But yeah it wouldn’t be a surprise if our bad form continues. A chance for the levy lovers to prove what hardcore fans they are.

You need a CF to replace a CF not a winger.

I'm done with this convo you are a fucking idiot.

How many times do I need to tell you, Ange didn't want an out and out replacement, he wanted Johnson to add to our forward options

It's not my fault that you can't accept reality, you're the cause of your own frustration because you fail to understand what the manager wanted and what he currently accepts.

You're a child.

I pointed it out in the summer that I couldn't understand what Ange saw in him, and I couldn't understand how Ange could see something in him given that his team was such a pure counter attacking side.

Ange couldn't possibly gauge how good Johnson's touch, short passing, combination play, and ability in tight spaces would be given that his former team just doesn't do those things.

It seems we also wanted him as a striker, which too makes no sense given his lack of strength, ability to play on the turn or with back to goal and inconsistent finishing.

Ange only really ever talked about the right character, and desire to learn, which is very important, but that alone can't be the reason you spend £50m.

How many times do I need to tell you, Ange didn't want an out and out replacement, he wanted Johnson to add to our forward options

It's not my fault that you can't accept reality, you're the cause of your own frustration because you fail to understand what the manager wanted and what he currently accepts.

You're a child.
Oh wake up ffs, its Ange cutting his cloth based on what he's been given.

You need depth at CF. Richarlison is pony and Son can't do it all himself.

Get an injury to Son and we are basically fucked.

THAT's the REALITY.

Instead Levy brought in an Argentinian youngster who has had about 10 minutes all season and by accounts is already angling for a move away.

You think its bad now, wait and see what happens when Son gets injured.

Moyes is stuck in a time warp. Hardly anybody plays his sort of football anymore, poss Roy Hodgson, yes they are both British.
He will get various results when the opponent gifts them goals . No doubt they may win the trophy for the 7th best teams in Europe Leagues.
Most teams struggle when confronted with 8 in the pen area. Usually an early goal helps, until you gift them some goals.

Oh wake up ffs, its Ange cutting his cloth based on what he's been given.

You need depth at CF. Richarlison is pony and Son can't do it all himself.

Get an injury to Son and we are basically fucked.

THAT's the REALITY.

Instead Levy brought in an Argentinian youngster who has had about 10 minutes all season and by accounts is already angling for a move away.

You think its bad now, wait and see what happens when Son gets injured.

Tantrum Crying GIF

Newsflash, we are in a process, you're never going to replace everyone in 1 window

Quit your crying man for God's sake 😆

I pointed it out in the summer that I couldn't understand what Ange saw in him, and I couldn't understand how Ange could see something in him given that his team was such a pure counter attacking side.

Ange couldn't possibly gauge how good Johnson's touch, short passing, combination play, and ability in tight spaces would be given that his former team just doesn't do those things.

It seems we also wanted him as a striker, which too makes no sense given his lack of strength, ability to play on the turn or with back to goal and inconsistent finishing.

Ange only really ever talked about the right character, and desire to learn, which is very important, but that alone can't be the reason you spend £50m.

He's one for the future no doubt.

He said he's looking at a striker and we need to be more clinical in the forward areas.

Were not just building for this season, I'm not saying this is you but fans think we are building for this season, only 1 transfer window and people are expecting miracles.

He's one for the future no doubt.

He said he's looking at a striker and we need to be more clinical in the forward areas.

Were not just building for this season, I'm not saying this is you but fans think we are building for this season, only 1 transfer window and people are expecting miracles.
It's not one or the other. With Kane gone we needed to make a signing for the here and now too.

You say he's one for the future, but if that's the case why pay £50m? And as I said there was nothing in his previous body of work to suggest he is going to develop the necessary skillset.

Compare that to someone like Udogie, who cost only 15m, is one for the future but has a lot of the fundamentals which only need to be develolped further.

It's not one or the other. With Kane gone we needed to make a signing for the here and now too.

You say he's one for the future, but if that's the case why pay £50m? And as I said there was nothing in his previous body of work to suggest he is going to develop the necessary skillset.

Compare that to someone like Udogie, who cost only 15m, is one for the future but has a lot of the fundamentals which only need to be develolped further.

I don't see what difference it makes in how much he cost, £1m or £100m, he's still young and he's still a future prospect which means he will improve under the manager's tutelage.

The price is the price, Ange wanted Johnson and the club backed him, we just have to accept it and trust the manager.

Last edited:
I must not have been watching properly, did the ball actually come off the referee and fall perfectly into the path of their onrushing striker for their first goal? Did he quietly whisper in Udogie's ear "give them a goal or I'll tell them all you touched me"?
I'd say a good % of people on here have acknowledged refs seem to be trying to "balance the books" since the Liverpool game, but to blame results on referees is to go looking for excuses. Fuck me it was only this Sunday just gone the referee fucked a City move by pulling the game back for an advantage. Every team is getting fucked up refs this season, not just us. Our results are in spite of that, not because of that.
You're (Mostly) wrong and amazingly naive. Only Tottenham get a hostile referee EVERY match. Spurs have had no penalties so far and 3 against. Spurs gave had 3 players sent off, and none against. Arse have had SIX penalties and it does not include the number of soft free kicks they get EVERY match.
Kai Havertz can lunge in from five yards away and commit a red card foul against Newcastle and not get a red!

Matty Cash brutally kicked one of our BEST players Rodrigo Bentancur off and was no red card and VAR didn't do anything. Tottenham needed him last night but he's out till next year.

Bowen gets fairly tackled by Romero he goes down screaming ref books Romero. Every dive West Spam did got a free kick but Spurs weren't getting every proper foul. Kuluchevski gets hit in the face doesn't get a penalty! The referee made West Spam win yesterday and it will be the same when you play Newcastle.

Because "fans" like you accept it things will never change.

All some do on here is moan at the players when they ain't perfect. They get nothing from the refs and nothing from the moaners on here.

I don't see what difference it makes in how much he cost, £1m or £100m, he's still young and he's still a future prospect which means he will improve under the manager's tutelage.

The price is the price, Ange wanted Johnson and the club backed him, we just have to accept it and trust the manager.

In the next breath someone will be returning to the notion that "sometimes you have to pay that little extra to get the man the manager wants".......... Or the more futile "Pay da ting! Who cares; It's not my money!". Then there was the whole "Vicario was too cheap" phenomena.

The fact is; if the club is prepared to spend 50m quid on a player who's already done good work in the prem and they also believe he still has a higher ceiling to reach and said player is allegedly was a top priority for the manager then there really ought to be very little to criticise within that principal.

Last edited:

I trust the manager to do his job as far as using the talent he's got at his disposal, and his ethos but giving managers outsized auhtority over transfers has always been iffy.

I thought we wanted to move away from that kind of thing to a more systematic, data-driven transfers?

If the price doesn't matter why refuse to pay 100m for transfers? Isn't that what we've going on about the last few days?

Let's end it here, cos you're just dishonest, we won't agree on this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom