Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Thursday the 7th of December 2023 at 20:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We went and spunked 50m on welsh dan james who has only ever played counter attacking football.

Angry The Office GIF
I’ve said that before.

//// Lack of goal threat WITH Son is my biggest concern...

Sonny is playing under different environment now without Maddy.

Used to smash & grab with acres of spaces cutting in from Left/Right or scoring belters from outside the box. This season he has to wait from mids or wings interplay by which time all the space would hv been congested.
we know Son can't head or score in congested space.

Stop getting mad with Sonny. This style doesn't suit him. He has to be on shoulder with the last defender and space to run/.

Lack of goal threat WITH Son is my biggest concern...

The amount of dominance it often takes for us to get just one goal is ridiculous and unsustainable.

The guys need to learn that whilst farting is great fun, sooner or later you need to fucking shit, else you're gonna clog yourself up...

Not quite how I’d describe it!! But I get your point.

Is that right? That's fucking hilarious if that's the case
They have won a gane 3-0 against a top albeit with injuries something we have not managed to at all this season. Still waiting the attacking football to result in goals. Did we really make thier goalie have to make any saves today.

What's the point of buying BJ if he can't do that?

IF of course that's what Ange wants.... Considering his comments about Kulu at the weekend I'm far from convinced that it is.
Meh, he's a good athlete with some quality but an underwhelming signing for me. Surely wouldn't have been considered if not hg.

Meh, he's a good athlete with some quality but an underwhelming signing for me. Surely wouldn't have been considered if not hg.

My point is more about 'inverted cut in and shoot wide-men'; I'm not convinced that's what Ange is seeking......... But if all we wanted was more of a trad winger (that's HG) why not go for Harvey Barnes instead?

There's a contradiction in here somewhere.

Coming up to the 19 game mark……… did mention we could be in a 6/7th race.
Big games against Newcastle and Brighton will put some clarity on that.
Don’t think many people were predicting 1 point from 15 out of past these 5 games. Our injuries definitely played a part in that.

But a long way to go.

Lack of real goal threat outside of Sonny is still my biggest concern with our squad.
Jesus Christ, just realised our only point in 5 games has come against the current ‘best team in the world’.

LOSING the Ball in your own box... (aka Ange ball)

If you are prepared to play this style in your own penalty area - then you will concede or give away chances. it's only natural - unless your ange ball is limited way close to the mid circle and beyond.

Latest example -our 2nd giveaway goal v WHam. You're gambling but is there anything to gain in your own box?
IMHO we literally gave the match away today. You can disagree all you want.

Last edited:
Whenever I see Tottenham Hotspur I see the referee anti straight away. The fans don't see it they are naive or dumb. They don't stick up for the corrupt cheating the EPL and FA do to Tottenham Hotspur.

Tottenham fans don't defend Spurs from corrupt cheating bias refereeing agsint Tottenham. They are the weakest link!

Starting to realise what every manager who has come before eventually realised.

The squad he has inherited is shit

I think (and I may be wrong) that there are no players left at Liverpool or Man City, possibly Woolwich that were inherited by Pep, Klopp or Weasel Face?

We have players here, that have played under four different managers.

Therein lies the issue.

Give Ange time to clear the deadwood and free up squad numbers.

Whenever I see Tottenham Hotspur I see the referee anti straight away. The fans don't see it they are naive or dumb. They don't stick up for the corrupt cheating the EPL and FA do to Tottenham Hotspur.

Tottenham fans don't defend Spurs from corrupt cheating bias refereeing agsint Tottenham. They are the weakest link!
I must not have been watching properly, did the ball actually come off the referee and fall perfectly into the path of their onrushing striker for their first goal? Did he quietly whisper in Udogie's ear "give them a goal or I'll tell them all you touched me"?
I'd say a good % of people on here have acknowledged refs seem to be trying to "balance the books" since the Liverpool game, but to blame results on referees is to go looking for excuses. Fuck me it was only this Sunday just gone the referee fucked a City move by pulling the game back for an advantage. Every team is getting fucked up refs this season, not just us. Our results are in spite of that, not because of that.

LOSING the Ball in your own box... (aka Ange ball)

If you are prepared to play this style in your own penalty area - then you will concede or give away chances. it's only natural - unless your ange ball is limited way close to the mid circle and beyond.

Latest example -our 2nd giveaway goal v WHam. You're gambling but is there anything to gain in your own box?
IMHO we literally gave the match away today.

Neither goal was a result of playing out from the back (or playing about with the ball "in your own box" as you described it).

Not to totally excuse the self-sabotage we’ve all witnessed but…

Am I the only one that thought the handball prior to Bowen’s goal was about as clear a pen as could possibly be? I can’t hardly find anything on it aside from one vid on Twitter that’s been taken down for copyright reasons.

That game was painful. What’s so frustrating is that even with our injuries we still are up in these games and can’t see them out. The last 4 games are like Groundhog Day for fucks sake. We need to put more balls in the box from the wings. Porro seemed to be the only one doing that and it created the most chances in the last 15 minute.

We start these games flying out the gate. Reality is if we can’t put 2 or 3 away in the first 30 min we run out of gas second half like clockwork. That’s partially down to our squad depth. Still, having something like 70 percent of possession in the first half and only being up 1-0 up is unacceptable. We are wayyyy to predictable right now. I’m a patient fan but these games are really annoying at the moment.

We gifted them that game. West Ham were shit.

Not to totally excuse the self-sabotage we’ve all witnessed but…

Am I the only one that thought the handball prior to Bowen’s goal was about as clear a pen as could possibly be? I can’t hardly find anything on it aside from one vid on Twitter that’s been taken down for copyright reasons.
The commentators said it was not a penalty cause he was moving his arm behind his back. Bullshit.....the BALL pushed his arm back after he handled it.

Back
Top Bottom