Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry mate but this is absolute bullshit of the highest order - they had us exactly where they wanted us from minute one and picked us off without getting into 3rd gear.
XG etc can go fuck - we were crap up front and at the back, simple as that.
Don’t think you have sobered up yet

No they don’t lmao they scream tired, nervous opposition begging to fuck it up away from home and us failing to do much about it.

Villa in their second half destroyed Woolwich (at the emirates!) far more than we ever did the other day. Total control of the half and carved out numerous sitters. 2-0 win.

Underlying number FFS we spent a lot of the game 3-0 down, of course we had lots of the ball, more shots etc. That’s what happens when you hand teams the initiative, they protect it.

Were people talking about progress when we bossed Liverpool in a CL final? Nah because they understood they took an early lead and kept us at arms length … this game was easy for them and we were dead in the water till Raya and Rice had moments of madness. We were done.

But you're looking at this through the lens of we lost and that's that, I'm looking at it through the lens of how we lost and what we can do better. These numbers just back up the eye test, we played well in the 2nd 3rd but poor in between both boxes, we know why that is and know what we need to fix.

What that data tells me that we pinned Woolwich back, that was even backed up by their manager - they did come with a defensive mindset but they didn't plan to play that deep.

You and your weird comparisons and false equivalences man lol, why would people talk about progress and underlying numbers in a CL final if the question and the circumstances are entirely different?

Last edited:
We created more chances than them and they scored from very few chances and low percentage chances. Those are facts
We didn’t really. They were more shit than usual from what I’ve seen them play this season, but we didn’t put their goalie at work throughout the game.

Don’t know about xG bullshit, but it’s surprising to see a big difference really. Maybe the penalty accounts for a large amount of it? And Romero hitting the post from corner.

We didn’t really. They were more shit than usual from what I’ve seen them play this season, but we didn’t put their goalie at work throughout the game.

Don’t know about xG bullshit, but it’s surprising to see a big difference really. Maybe the penalty accounts for a large amount of it? And Romero hitting the post from corner.
Statistically we created more big chances.

That was my point. I didn't see the whole game.

This whole conversation was based on a thread about the game quoting stats and Arteta saying they wanted to dominate the game but we forced them to play deeper than they wanted.

On the point of not working their GK, I saw the HLs and we hit the post twice and Son went in 1v1. We also scored 2 goals on top of that so seems a bit dramatic to say we didn't work their GK?

No they don’t lmao they scream tired, nervous opposition begging to fuck it up away from home and us failing to do much about it.

Villa in their second half destroyed Woolwich (at the emirates!) far more than we ever did the other day. Total control of the half and carved out numerous sitters. 2-0 win.

Underlying number FFS we spent a lot of the game 3-0 down, of course we had lots of the ball, more shots etc. That’s what happens when you hand teams the initiative, they protect it.

Were people talking about progress when we bossed Liverpool in a CL final? Nah because they understood they took an early lead and kept us at arms length … this game was easy for them and we were dead in the water till Raya and Rice had moments of madness. We were done.
Proper copamine from the usual suspects on here.

If being 3 nil down at HT in a NLD doesn't register as simply bad with them, nothing will.

Answer the question....... Was it part of the plan for us to pose the danger we did in the 1st half?

(Clue: Arteta doesn't think so.)
Answer the question are you fucking interrogating me? lol

Posing danger and actually scoring goals and not conceding three are very different things.
We were ridiculously naive as we have been all season and hitting a fucking post and having a goal chalked off doesn't make a bit of difference to a narrative you want to push.
Arteta saying they were further back in the pitch than they wanted to be doesn't mean shit either - we conceded THREE soft goals in 40 mins and they were never in danger of dropping points even at 3-2.

Answer the question are you fucking interrogating me? lol

Just being blunt cos of your twattish "dippers" comment.

Posing danger and actually scoring goals and not conceding three are very different things.
We were ridiculously naive as we have been all season and hitting a fucking post and having a goal chalked off doesn't make a bit of difference to a narrative you want to push.

......What narrative is that then?

Arteta saying they were further back in the pitch than they wanted to be doesn't mean shit either - we conceded THREE soft goals in 40 mins and they were never in danger of dropping points even at 3-2.

"they had us exactly where they wanted us from minute one"

Balls.

If everything was according to Arteta's plan then that danger wouldn't have existed.

It was not down to tactical diligence that they didn't concede 3 in the first half.

Pretending otherwise and that there were no redeeming features of our play won't make this defeat feel any better........ And contrary to the "we only got back into the game cos they were already 'home and dry' " narrative; I'd firmly argue that we were actually better in the 1st half than the second.

Performance-wise this was much better than some of the shit we served up this season.

Believe whatever you want to believe mate - I really don't care.

Our overall play didn't deserve to have us 3 down at half time but if you defend like cunts shit happens.
Ifs ands buts and nearlys are not for me. Blaming decisions isn't either, again we are not Liverpool - we have always had to deal with bad decisions and not getting the rub of the green. Simple fact is we are not good enough and cannot defend any attacking situation from anywhere on the pitch to save our lives and thats extremely worrying.

Believe whatever you want to believe mate - I really don't care.

Our overall play didn't deserve to have us 3 down at half time

Yet your prior comments are determined to paint a picture otherwise.

but if you defend like cunts shit happens. Ifs ands buts and nearlys are not for me.

Then don't provoke tactical/gameplay analysis if you haven't got the stomach for it

You could always just put the scoreline in your avatar and then you don't even need to post at all. Smashing.

I think this notion we were better second half is actually bogus. I think bizarrely, we played better, more cohesive football in the first half, absolutely dominated the ball (71%) and territory, and possibly constructed better situations. Bear in mind one of their goals we scored, one was a set piece and the other should have been a penalty to us. They ended up with 3 goals from two shots on target first half, and an XG of about 0.4.

Second half, they actually had better control over the game (possession almost 50/50) and we were looking like we’d pretty much run out of ideas. Even after Romero’s gift goal we were a bit flat until the Wankhorn needlessly booted Davies in the nuts. And….even then all we did was hump floaty shit balls into the box.

I think both sides scored goals in their weaker halves. But imo, there is no way they deserved to win that game on any test (eye or metrics).

As far as Ange’s selections, I get the logic of Kulusevski coming in to help play through the Arse press better than Johnson, and it was a shame Werner had to be replaced by Johnson because that effectively killed any left sided threat (Werner can’t hit barn door with a banjo but he is actually one of the best players in the league going past his man and getting a ball across).

I don’t think taking out Bissouma and Sarr was smart as it left us really weak and slow on defensive transitions - that second goal is really atrocious in every way defensively. Hojbjerg makes a half arsed effort to close Saka at the edge of their box, then just stands and watches as Saka runs away from him, within 30 yards, Saka is 20 yards past him and he just keeps trundling, allowing Odegard, who started behind him a free run into the box. There’s two players (Porro and Bentancur) putting no pressure on Havertz, meanwhile Davies has left Saka acres of room and then shows him onto his left foot. Really, really shit all round.

We’ve got to get smarter and nastier. We need to be fouling in their half if necessary. People need to be sprinting back as quick as they bomb forward. But our forwards lose the ball and just fucking crumple.

I can’t watch these fucking forwards next year. Kulusevski can hang on to the ball but can’t do fuck all afterwards, Son can’t hold onto the ball but occasionally does a brilliant thing and Johnson occasionally holds onto the ball and occasionally does something ok.

And why the fuck did no one get hold of that cunty headed cunt White and fucking sort him out at set pieces. Just start fucking with him before corners, pushing him, grabbing him etc. Wind the cunt up and keep him from fucking about with our keeper. Why doesn't Vicario just give him a fucking big shove before the corners taken, wind the cunt up. This can be lumped in with our fucking lack of nastiness and professional fouling to stop us being countered on. Ange needs to be getting this across.

Get fucking nasty you fucking cunts.

Just to add to this, Kulusevski not going down when clipped, just to try and make a nothing back pass is typical of the lack of cuntyness we suffer from.

Yet your prior comments are determined to paint a picture otherwise.

Then don't provoke tactical/gameplay analysis if you haven't got the stomach for it

You could always just put the scoreline in your avatar and then you don't even need to post at all. Smashing.
I haven’t got the stomach for you and your bollocks so I’ll leave this here - carry on big man.

Back
Top Bottom