Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Went on the piss after the game with the young fella and travelled all day yesterday so haven't been on til now.

Been said hundreds of times now but fucking hell - set pieces AGAIN and hit on the counter AGAIN cost us the game in less than 40 mins. What in the name of fuck are we doing in training that this isn't addressed at all? I like Ange but his stubbornness is winding me up now - we just cannot play this football and not be a bit cuter.
When I saw Hojberg Kulu and Bents on the team sheet I was surprised and thought maybe he is playing more solid, clever and leaving men back a bit but no - we get crucified with one long pass and Davies isolated against Saka - so so predicatble. Don't even get me started on corners or decisions.

We need to foul in the opposition half to stop breaks. There really is no excuse for this appalling defending we are witnessing every fucking game.
Completely checked out now and if these fuckers turn up against City I will be both amazed and furious.

Still - class trip, load of beers at old stomping grounds in Tottenham, Highgate, Camden and Kentish town, 10k calories of lovely food and met some great people around us in the North Stand.

Roll on the summer transfer window cos we have work to do.

Just seen this thread.

We held them to their lowest XG and created the most XG and big chances of any team this season. Kept them off the ball more than any team this season, as admitted by Lego that wasn’t by design, we forced them.

They scored from us allowing them to foul our Gk, a freak OG and a breakaway from a stonewall penalty not given.

It was a fucking cheating theft and we allowed it by not being nasty and smart enough. Fuck a set pieces coach, we need a cheating coach

Just seen this thread.

We held them to their lowest XG and created the most XG and big chances of any team this season. Kept them off the ball more than any team this season, as admitted by Lego that wasn’t by design, we forced them.

They scored from us allowing them to foul our Gk, a freak OG and a breakaway from a stonewall penalty not given.

It was a fucking cheating theft and we allowed it by not being nasty and smart enough. Fuck a set pieces coach, we need a cheating coach

It's called shithousery

Just seen this thread.

Sorry mate but this is absolute bullshit of the highest order - they had us exactly where they wanted us from minute one and picked us off without getting into 3rd gear.
XG etc can go fuck - we were crap up front and at the back, simple as that.

Sorry mate but this is absolute bullshit of the highest order - they had us exactly where they wanted us from minute one and picked us off without getting into 3rd gear.

Was conceding 3 goals in the first half part of their plan too? .........Cos they came perilously close to that happening were it not for some fucking shit reffing.

I know, I just think that with our current issues it might be even more beneficial to have two players capable of creating something in the side.

Even if only for a short stint in games, some overlap in their pitch time could be good for both of them.

I'm really surprised it hasn't happened at all, based on what was said about Ange prior to the season based on his history it seemed like we would be fielding two "8's" who would be attack minded.

Instead we have seen the continued involvement of Hojbjerg, and a midfield that has always consisted of a holder, a grafter, and one other.

The only time we played a midfield that didn't (and it was largely enforced by absences) was Villa at home with Bentancur, GLC, Kulusevski in the middle, we lost, but we played some beautiful football.

I wonder, had we kept faith with a midfield like that, what we would all be a saying right now.
Agree with most things here!

But considering how awful we have been defensively(that includes transitions) since the Chelski game, it might be a good idea to play two more defensive midfielders with 1 in front of them!

The problem is that i don't think we have a DMC(a 4 if you like) of the old in our squad!
I guess Hoijbjerg is the closest, but don't think he is good enough.
That's the position i think is the most important this summer.

Taking into account how bad Madders has been since the injury, i would at least give Lo Celso a game at AMC.

Haven’t seen the game but there are stats and there is individual perception.

We created more chances than them and they scored from very few chances and low percentage chances. Those are facts

Good thread, the underlying numbers from this match screams progress but the things that let us down are our weak spots - defending set pieces and transitions - The transitions thing will happen because we play so high but that Saka goal is preventable if Destiny is on the pitch for example, set pieces remain a worry but I think that will be focused on in pre season.
Destiny might have got to him quicker but he’s a lazy defender and doesn’t do the basics of defending very well yet. He fixes that and he can be incredible.

Good thread, the underlying numbers from this match screams progress but the things that let us down are our weak spots - defending set pieces and transitions - The transitions thing will happen because we play so high but that Saka goal is preventable if Destiny is on the pitch for example, set pieces remain a worry but I think that will be focused on in pre season.

No they don’t lmao they scream tired, nervous opposition begging to fuck it up away from home and us failing to do much about it.

Villa in their second half destroyed Woolwich (at the emirates!) far more than we ever did the other day. Total control of the half and carved out numerous sitters. 2-0 win.

Underlying number FFS we spent a lot of the game 3-0 down, of course we had lots of the ball, more shots etc. That’s what happens when you hand teams the initiative, they protect it.

Were people talking about progress when we bossed Liverpool in a CL final? Nah because they understood they took an early lead and kept us at arms length … this game was easy for them and we were dead in the water till Raya and Rice had moments of madness. We were done.

I really wouldn't worry about us beating City. I'll be fucking staggered if we pick up a single point from now until the end of the season.
Surely we can grind out a momentous 1-1 vs. Sheffield United?

But yes, I do find all the calls for us to throw the City games funny. Like that time I decided not to pull Margot Robbie to give the other guys a chance.

Destiny might have got to him quicker but he’s a lazy defender and doesn’t do the basics of defending very well yet. He fixes that and he can be incredible.

Tbh I could well imagine him making the same mistake Davies did (just for different reasons).

Back
Top Bottom