Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://twitter.com/AttackingFooty/status/1783649226875977890

You only have to watch this to see how easy it is to manipulate a decision - the VAR can decide when to freeze the frame and with such tight calls like VDV today a tiny bit of bias can help make it offside!

I thought it was taking too long with VDV's goal... Obviously took them a while to find the correct frame so they could deny the goal.
There is far too much room for humans (bent cunts) to fiddle things. This could be where AI could perhaps be used. No debate AI draws the lines and that's it. Also would be a lot fucking quicker!

So VAR recommended that Oliver look at the screen regarding Kulu’s penalty claim, Oliver refused.

What would be his thought process for not wanting to take another look? I can’t think of anything logical just bias…

Seen this now.

Looked a penalty in real time even with Kulu trying not to fall.

The penalty we did get was a fucking scandal. Olver was right there and it was as clear as you could hope for.

The premier league knew exactly what they wanted by appointing him. You either admit that or you are denial about what this league is.

Geniunely, if you haven't canceled your sky and BT by now, what are you waiting for. They hate Spurs fans and our only use to them is farming negative interactions on socials so unfollow them on every platform.

Last edited:
I thought it was taking too long with VDV's goal... Obviously took them a while to find the correct frame so they could deny the goal.
There is far too much room for humans (bent cunts) to fiddle things. This could be where AI could perhaps be used. No debate AI draws the lines and that's it. Also would be a lot fucking quicker!
the champions league does offsides differently and seems far quicker than all line drawing shit.

AI would be the way to go with whatever can be done with AI. the problem is certain stuff is always going to be subjective. no one can ever say that having ex pros in there who have played the game at that intensity and speed are not a better choice than some nerds who have never played anywhere near that level but read the text book on the rules.

should be 3 ex pros in there and they vote on challenges. majority wins.

the champions league does offsides differently and seems far quicker than all line drawing shit.

AI would be the way to go with whatever can be done with AI. the problem is certain stuff is always going to be subjective. no one can ever say that having ex pros in there who have played the game at that intensity and speed are not a better choice than some nerds who have never played anywhere near that level but read the text book on the rules.

So we replace the biases of referees with the biases of ex-footy players? No thanks.

If we're going to game the system like the top managers do (and it sickens me to say that), Ange needs to keep pointing it out.

What is predictable is Tottenham get crap refereeing, the WORST IN THE WORLD, while Sky want Woolwich to win the league. The media are in on it just as they report lies in politics. Someone in Tottenham has to complain about the bias against just as Nottingham Forest did.
It's hard enough winning this league anyway, but as a developing team with so much bullshit against us on top it's getting crazy.
How were we the only team with a 15 day break that conveniently is right before our joint biggest match of season.
The refs are sickening as is VAR. We are clearly not the only team to get fucked, but we are certainly one of the team's fucked with the most.
It all starts with the passive not obvious never booking an opponent even if they commit 7 fouls. Or many of them targeting one specific player. When it comes to big decisions, we mostly get fucked.
For sure we are not a great team (yet) and lack many things, but the bullshit refs / VAR is like ice skating uphill. It's not accidental it's to keep us in our place as if we did win we would not simply fuck off like Leicester, we would stay around....

Yeah I guess that does make sense regarding ex pros. Let's face it though we would end up with VAR teams like:
J Terry
T Adams
D Wise

I'm just being bitter. 😂 If done properly it's more sensible as they have far more insight.
The audio of the VAR discussing Romero's red against chavs which was called a good tackle at first just shows they have no clue

He got put down by a local vet!!
By
We were given a gift for the first and a pen which had nothing to do with Ange ball. We created nothing from his football. Cuti had few headers from corners / set pieces and a long range shit shit from Porto which went to VDV who was offside. I just don’t why we don’t cross or shoot more you never what will happen. Even towards the end we kept on trying to pass through them instead of pummelling them with attacks. We are never gonna see a game where batter the oppo with shots, crosses , chances, etc under Ange.
When we pick a manager who's been working in Japan, Australia, 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland, baffin land, Antarctica, etc, without ever being in charge of even a Championship team, he's simply not going to have the nous to run a top 6 team in the PL. He needs far more experience to get us where we want to be.

At the moment he is floundering out of his depth.
Clearly his successes with 3rd rate teams in the bush and the Tokyo. superleague don't translate to the PL.

This is beyond ridiculous- people act like offside is a purely objective decision but that’s complete shite. So much discretion - room for manipulation - as Kula said when to draw the line and where to draw the line is completely subjective. Get rid until the AI can come in.

My feeling with VAR is still the same, you can use refs, ex players, random humans off the street or even AI. But, until they sort these grainy crappy replay stills out, there will always be fuzzy images that allow for this issue. We need 4K quality stills, not something more like a 1980's teletext graphic... Its just bollox. Add to that the issue of when you actually freeze the frame, cos if you do it as the ball moves, that is too late the point of real foot to ball contact was before then.

Sounds a bit pathetic, but these are the margins we are talking about, when the difference in 2 or 3 frames can make someone on or offside. Don't half make it convenient though, if there was an agenda going on.

Wow I can’t believe the negativity in this place. We were the better team today with regard to both the metrics and the eye test IMO,
Ange wasn't feeling positive after yesterday's game and neither were the players, so why should I? Three goals down at home in just over half an hour and two shots on target all game against a not especially impressive gooner side. They were not firing on all four cylinders and it was our chance to grab a bit of glory, fold them up in front of the fans and fuck up their chances of grabbing a PL title.

Yes the refereeing was the usual farce at times; yes we had some nice moments here and there; but we bled the same way we've been doing of late with zero evidence of effort to improve in this area.

Sorry, I'd love to be positive but I'm going to need a bit more than 64% possession and a plucky last 10 mins to do so.

I think it’s time for Ange to abandon his white knight approach, much as I respect it. Fergie criticized every ref decision that went against him after a match. Klopp whines about a replay and gets every decision for months. Arteta calls the refereeing a disgrace and has gotten every decision since.
Yup - Exactly Ange is being hopelessly naive. Ange says everyone needs to respect the refs and not undermine their authority by protesting which is ridiculous when talking about bent EPL refs.

And this has been irrefutably proven time and time again. Managers come. Managers go. Levy remains the constant. We win nothing.
It's as predictable as lager turning to piss
Animated GIF

No, those days have gone, no feelings any more, no expectations got used to losing ways. A draw or a win is a bonus.
See, I find this talk weird. You either don't care at all and genuinely have no feelings or you care enough to post on here.

It's weird how people have to continually shout loudly about how much they don't care. It's weird behaviour.

By

When we pick a manager who's been working in Japan, Australia, 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland, baffin land, Antarctica, etc, without ever being in charge of even a Championship team, he's simply not going to have the nous to run a top 6 team in the PL. He needs far more experience to get us where we want to be.

At the moment he is floundering out of his depth.
Clearly his successes with 3rd rate teams in the bush and the Tokyo. superleague don't translate to the PL.
And yet here we are, challenging for a CL place in his first season and we just gave the league leaders a 3 goal start whilst making them play like Stoke for 90 minutes.
His two predecessors were much vaunted trophy magnets who made us play football that made your eyes bleed. And they had the luxury of having a world class striker leading the line

I know whose football team I'd rather watch

Edit - Interesting that someone disagrees as to whether I know which football I'd rather watch..........

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom