Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeh I have no clue what we are doing at set pieces. It’s our clear and obvious weakness and everyone knows to exploit it. I want Ange to actually address this in interview, it’s the elephant in the room.
He did but said it’s part of all other shit he hasn’t addressed!

"We are still not resilient enough, particularly in a transition moment or a set-piece. We allow far too easy access to our goal."

Yep he knows the problem, he's seen it all season.
Now let him try and fix it in the summer with players, coaching,system tweaks and then we'll see if there's improvements.

Nothing much is gonna change in the last 5 games
His had all season to fix it! Had plenty of training ground time. Just had two weeks now. However his inverted wingers bollocksvis the reason especially asking Davies to play it. How often did he get on the ball! Porro hardly touched it in forward areas. Look at the Saka goal and Davies starting position and his run. He never once moves out wide towards Saka. Better players will still mean we play the same way.

Yes we never build up head of steam bcos if the way we play. They have no incentive to play quicker. We stroll around too much. Only when in last few mins will we start to cross the ball.
And even then we never don’t nearly enough. We need to play much quicker and that starts from Vic. VDV does play quicker than Romero but Romero is obviously being asked to slow it and entice the opposition but if they don’t come out it’s turgid to watch because of how slow it is.

Ange ball has been boring for months.
The blueprint of how to play against it was set a fair couple of months ago now and we have failed to address the issues. If Ange thinks its purely personnel then we will need some serious summer movement, otherwise he needs to get his players adjusted to playing against a deep block with forwards looking to counter.

I think it's a stretch to say Tomiyasu plays the ball rather than it just hits off him tbh

Why is he stood there?

To block the ball.

What did he end up doing?

Blocking the ball.

.....If he'd have stood still it wouldn't have hit him.

...............What more intent do you need exactly?

His had all season to fix it! Had plenty of training ground time. Just had two weeks now. However his inverted wingers bollocksvis the reason especially asking Davies to play it. How often did he get on the ball! Porro hardly touched it in forward areas. Look at the Saka goal and Davies starting position and his run. He never once moves out wide towards Saka. Better players will still mean we play the same way.
This is a new thing I’m noticing with most teams,they don’t engage till the winger till he gets to the box which is fucking nuts to me. Get out to him quick,show him wide and make him beat you and cross. It’s then easier to defend the cross and it gives you time to recover. Davies still playing the game like a 20 year old who’s just came in the team. He had one tackle on Saka first half then 2 light hearted efforts in the second d which resulted in a booking. Just smash the cunt early and see what he’s got and set the tone.

Cant remember any time under Ange weve had a comfortable routine victory. Burnley away perhaps but we still shipped two goals. Seems like we have to create a fucking big mess so we have something to aim for. The balance is not right.

Of course the omnipresent issues persist, but against the team at the top of the league, we’ve dominated the game (possession/pitch) pretty much from start to finish, outscored them on XG, scored a goal for them, had a good goal chalked off and should have had a penalty instead of their second.

I’m definitely not blind to the failings, our forwards are fucking hopeless and we don’t defend counter’s or set pieces well (understatement) but I think we deserved more out of that game.

Set pieces are a problem but some of the fucking idiots on here stop thinking that Ange doesn’t think
set pieces are a problem. Not once has he said that. Fucking stop looking for shit that’s not there. He knows it is and he knows there’s other issues too. That’s what his comment means.

Why is he stood there?

To block the ball.

What did he end up doing?

Blocking the ball.

.....If he'd have stood still it wouldn't have hit him.

...............What more intent do you need exactly?
yeah but per the laws you have to play the ball.

it's shit but it's what it is .

Back
Top Bottom