Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ange in his press conferences hes not satisfied with pur position. Either hes supremely confident he can win us something or its propagznda bollox covering his arse. Next season its full on. Top 4 and trophy. Nothing less.

Cant remember any time under Ange weve had a comfortable routine victory. Burnley away perhaps but we still shipped two goals. Seems like we have to create a fucking big mess so we have something to aim for. The balance is not right.

4-0 away to Villa (when the doom-mongers were already predicting we'd lose) no good for you?

Yeh I have no clue what we are doing at set pieces. It’s our clear and obvious weakness and everyone knows to exploit it. I want Ange to actually address this in interview, it’s the elephant in the room.
Can someone explain to me the advantage of zonal marking on corners. I'm old & a bit thick so keep it simple.

4-0 away to Villa (when the doom-mongers were already predicting we'd lose) no good for you?

That'll be the doom-mongers being proven right repeatedly these days, yeah? Just like last season, yeah? While you and your ilk are stuck whining about referees weekly and blaming absolutely everything but the team itself for our terrible results and performances.

His had all season to fix it! Had plenty of training ground time. Just had two weeks now. However his inverted wingers bollocksvis the reason especially asking Davies to play it. How often did he get on the ball! Porro hardly touched it in forward areas. Look at the Saka goal and Davies starting position and his run. He never once moves out wide towards Saka. Better players will still mean we play the same way.
Utter gash that other blokes talking. He had a two week break and months to fix how to deal getting bullied at corners. Ditto inverting both fullbacks and then looking dumb when you see how fucking exposed your centerbacks are. I've been saying this for sometime this is a systemic failure and he looks to proud to change it. Very worrying.

The blueprint of how to play against it was set a fair couple of months ago now and we have failed to address the issues. If Ange thinks its purely personnel then we will need some serious summer movement, otherwise he needs to get his players adjusted to playing against a deep block with forwards looking to counter.

Problem is it almost certainly is personnel. When Pep came into City he had a billion pound squad and came 3rd and spent a further billion which in today’s market is probably £2bn. Klopp had similar issues although spending far less.

Point is City and Pool backed their managers and got elite players who fit the system. We have like it or not a system manager like them, only works if you build to the system. If we want to go cheap or bargain we’d be better getting a pragmatic manager (I don’t mean pragmatic like Jose who is defensive but real pragmatic).

If you have a pick and mix squad or square pegs round holes squad like us then the manager for them is Harry Redknapp, someone who is gifted at getting the sum out of the parts. Not sure what the equivalent of a modern Redknapp is but a manager that works with what they have and always changes it up to suit the opposition. Problem with that is these type of managers have ceilings, we might get 4th but that would be it, long term growth would be limited.

Its either back the project with good scouting, time and money or get a pragmatist and continue with tradition.

Problem is it almost certainly is personnel. When Pep came into City he had a billion pound squad and came 3rd and spent a further billion which in today’s market is probably £2bn. Klopp had similar issues although spending far less.

Point is City and Pool backed their managers and got elite players who fit the system. We have like it or not a system manager like them, only works if you build to the system. If we want to go cheap or bargain we’d be better getting a pragmatic manager (I don’t mean pragmatic like Jose who is defensive but real pragmatic).

If you have a pick and mix squad or square pegs round holes squad like us then the manager for them is Harry Redknapp, someone who is gifted at getting the sum out of the parts. Not sure what the equivalent of a modern Redknapp is but a manager that works with what they have and always changes it up to suit the opposition. Problem with that is these type of managers have ceilings, we might get 4th but that would be it, long term growth would be limited.

Its either back the project with good scouting, time and money or get a pragmatist.
This system could work if you had players better or far better than that of every other team.

Problem is we won't get in players better than everyone else's because of the financial limitations of our model. We can improve the squad, sure, but not to the extent it will be easily the best in the league.

Is there a multiverse where ENIC fuck off?

200.gif

Nah...:levylol:

My mindset is Ange lost kane and got us into europe. Satisfied. Villa wont last 5 minutes in CL and tbh europa might be a good chance for us to blood some promising youngsters against some crap eastern european teams.

That'll be the doom-mongers being proven right repeatedly these days, yeah? Just like last season, yeah? While you and your ilk are stuck whining about referees weekly and blaming absolutely everything but the team itself for our terrible results and performances.

I criticised the team today, you mug. The 3 goals we conceeded were preventable.

Seriously. Fuck off you pitiful troll.... You have no genuine passion for this club.

Why you not crowing about XG this week? Cos it doesn't allow you to shit on the team.

Back
Top Bottom