Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As much as I like the two goals......it's kind of a get out of Jail for Ange on what was another pretty bang average display.
We were given a gift for the first and a pen which had nothing to do with Ange ball. We created nothing from his football. Cuti had few headers from corners / set pieces and a long range shit shit from Porto which went to VDV who was offside. I just don’t why we don’t cross or shoot more you never what will happen. Even towards the end we kept on trying to pass through them instead of pummelling them with attacks. We are never gonna see a game where batter the oppo with shots, crosses , chances, etc under Ange.

Just pure BS trying cover up , make the picture cloudy. Surely the bigger means you work on all aspects of the game. I’m not even sure what his answer means.
He’s saying there’s more than one issue why we are not bridging the gap. Why are people looking for something to jump on and make something out of that comment ?

He’s saying there’s more than one issue why we are not bridging the gap. Why are people looking for something to jump on and make something out of that comment ?
But this issue is being going on all season and not resolved. What other issues has he been working on? Our in ability to create good chances?

No more match threads from me.

FWIW: Open play we were decent, one of the best performances since the first 10 games of the season.

Corners we're a total embarrassment and if Ange doesn't realise that then we're going to have huge problems. It's not pretty but those cunts are really good at them, and they're worth just as much as a nice, free-flowing move.

Ultimately what does this all mean? We'll finish 5th and I'm fine with that (see my UCL not arsed thread). City will still win the league and the Gooner tears will be superb.

All is not lost. COYS.
Perfect summary. We don’t give away two piss poor goals from corners and it could’ve been very different.

But this issue is being going on all season and not resolved. What other issues has he been working on? Our in ability to create good chances?
We do create chances but it’s too infrequent and we can never get a head of steam up. When it went 3-1 you’d have thought we’d have asked lots of questions of them but we never. That comes down to decision making and quality and that comes from signing better players in the front areas.

The corners are a big issue but not the only one.

It's absolutely ludicrous that we'd rather keep possession than actually cross or shoot.
A few long kicks and quick throw outs from Vic would help as well. Look at Edison , Allison even Raya they can pump the ball forward to one of their players and get attacks going turning the oppo. Vic holds on to it ensuring oppo are all back in places then plays wall passes with cuti. Look at build to first goal the corner comes about bcos not one of them wanted to hit it long even though they had 4/5 players in and around our pen box pressing.

Reading between the lines with the post-match interview with Ange. At least i think he is saying we have a couple of players that doesn't do what he wants them to do. I could be wrong!
Must admit, I got that impression as well listening to his post match to Sky. Said something along the lines of:

‘Don’t want blind belief and people just doing what I’m telling them to do. They need to have conviction and that’s ok we’re not there yet, we’ve just started this process and some people will be in, some won’t, some will embrace it, some won’t.’

Got the makings of an interesting summer transfer window.

A few long kicks and quick throw outs from Vic would help as well. Look at Edison , Allison even Raya they can pump the ball forward to one of their players and get attacks going turning the oppo. Vic holds on to it ensuring oppo are all back in places then plays wall passes with cuti. Look at build to first goal the corner comes about bcos not one of them wanted to hit it long even though they had 4/5 players in and around our pen box pressing.
It's quite frustrating having all this possession only to lose it to the opposition who then play three quick passes and are right up to the edge of our penalty area and get a chance.

We were given a gift for the first and a pen which had nothing to do with Ange ball. We created nothing from his football. Cuti had few headers from corners / set pieces and a long range shit shit from Porto which went to VDV who was offside. I just don’t why we don’t cross or shoot more you never what will happen. Even towards the end we kept on trying to pass through them instead of pummelling them with attacks. We are never gonna see a game where batter the oppo with shots, crosses , chances, etc under Ange.
Ange ball has been boring for months.

We do create chances but it’s too infrequent and we can never get a head of steam up. When it went 3-1 you’d have thought we’d have asked lots of questions of them but we never. That comes down to decision making and quality and that comes from signing better players in the front areas.

The corners are a big issue but not the only one.
Yes we never build up head of steam bcos if the way we play. They have no incentive to play quicker. We stroll around too much. Only when in last few mins will we start to cross the ball.

All this shit means nothing when we can’t defend right and are not clinical.
I’ll fix this shit right now if you want.

Get zonal marking to fuck or keep it and put the less aggressive and bigger guys in the zines and let our bigger aggressive players pick up their bigger aggressive players.

Sign front players that are better than what we have now.

Fixed it.

Box to box we are fine but the game is won and lost in the boxes.
Fuck your XG stats because they mean nothing. We lost the game.
They were 3-0 up. They could have scored four more if they needed to

Back
Top Bottom