Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

9h6NvGA.png

"But ref, there were 2 balls on the pitch".

Cdltim7.png

"No, there were four."
I don't understand why these pictures keep getting posted, are they meant to represent something funny I've missed?

I don’t see us bending over to them like the Chavs did. I see us getting something from this game - a draw or a win for us. Either way, it screws up their run to the title.

Please don’t concede in first 20 minutes. If we do , will suit them perfectly.
Problem is we do concede and, far too easily, so they will score would be surprised if they didn't.
It's whether we can actually, put pressure on them instead of, getting to the opposition box and passing backwards.

We need to start strongly and keep our heads.

We desperately need to avoid gifting them a goal in the first 10 minutes.

Make the stadium a cauldron and press them relentlessly all over the pitch, especially up top - a game for Richi I feel.

Liverpool fan Jarred Gillett is the VAR for Sunday's game.

Knowing our luck he'll bend over backwards to make sure it doesn't look like he's biased against the scum.

I remember before Rafa came here one of the quotes he said was about wanting to score against Woolwich. I remember thinking, "yeah, right", as if it was just another quip another signing would never follow through on. But surprisingly he was honestly the difference maker in all of those derby games that we subsequently got points in or won, and we used to lose all of the time. He played the game how it was meant to be played, stepped up on the big occasion, just a perfect match made in heaven.

I remember before Rafa came here one of the quotes he said was about wanting to score against Woolwich. I remember thinking, "yeah, right", as if it was just another quip another signing would never follow through on. But surprisingly he was honestly the difference maker in all of those derby games that we subsequently got points in or won, and we used to lose all of the time. He played the game how it was meant to be played, stepped up on the big occasion, just a perfect match made in heaven.
Cemented by nutmegging Wiltchair ….. twice!

Cemented by nutmegging Wiltchair ….. twice!
I still remember the commentary talking about him toying and playing with Jack Wilshire. Some players are just so relaxed on the big occasions. It was like when Berbatov just passed the ball into the net in the League Cup final against Chelsea. Cooler than the occasion. Most players are too tight or tense to even try what Rafa does, just naturally mugging off the entire Woolwich team. I remember Dele had some balls too with the finish 2-0 away from home.

Every Spurs player needs to take spirit from that Everton performance vs Liverpool. Winning against your rivals, and ending their title hunt, perfection.

Yeah,, I love Mikey Moore. Pure footballer who plays like he hasn't been coached out of how to be expressive yet. Guess most 16 year old are like that though. Arguably top 2 youth footballer in the country at his age.

Promising that he's training first team (when we haven't got any injuries) and left out of U18s and U23 football.. Because it means Ange sees what we all see.

I don't think he'll be in the squad for Woolwich, but depending on how our season goes, he could definitely be in the squad for Burnley and Sheff Utd.
That would be the ideal time to get him on the pitch. I suppose it depends if we are still fighting for 4th.
Sunday will take care of itself then we play Liverpool who are done now. I actually have no clue how our next 4 will go.

Back
Top Bottom