Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh look, we can only be happy Clappers peering into the wilds of optimism and hope.

No room for actual analysis if all the evidence paints a currently depressing picture. Let's all live in a vacuum of denial.

And don't dare to highlight the obvious because the internet hit team will gather behind their screens and play to the Madding Crowd.

We are talking now and the only thing we have on Sunday is the singular hope that we find something akin to form, which like the so called Spring is nowhere to be seen. Certainly the case if you live in London.

Too many examples of recent that suggest it will still feel like Winter on Sunday. No pleasure in that but I ain't being forced to wear a t-shirt and shorts when it's cold for anyone.

Let's hope the sun finds a way to break through.
💯 how I feel.

Cast your minds back to the last game…”Newcastle have so many injuries, we’ll smash ‘em”, “4-1”; “we are due a big win up there” etc etc

It all flies in the face of evidence. Come KO on Sunday I’ll be in the ground cheering on Spurs, fresh from screaming abuse at any Gooners I see on the High Road. But on an internet message board days out from the game, there is room for healthy scepticism, even pessimism. Otherwise, what is this? Just a place to post “we gonna fucking smash em” type messages - only to be replaced with bitter recriminations during and after the game when it doesn’t go our way?

Oh look, we can only be happy Clappers peering into the wilds of optimism and hope.

No room for actual analysis if all the evidence paints a currently depressing picture. Let's all live in a vacuum of denial.

And don't dare to highlight the obvious because the internet hit team will gather behind their screens and play to the Madding Crowd.

We are talking now and the only thing we have on Sunday is the singular hope that we find something akin to form, which like the so called Spring is nowhere to be seen. Certainly the case if you live in London.

Too many examples of recent that suggest it will still feel like Winter on Sunday. No pleasure in that but I ain't being forced to wear a t-shirt and shorts when it's cold for anyone.

Let's hope the sun finds a way to break through.

There's one thing for you to constantly be negative about our team - that's up to you if you want to be miserable 24/7.

But I do NOT expect to see any more praise from you for the scum. This is a spurs forum not a 'suck off gooners' forum, and it's high time you remembered that.

P.S Before anyone says, I'm referring to your previous post, not this one.

Oh and this isn't a request, it is an order.

There's one thing for you to constantly be negative about our team - that's up to you if you want to be miserable 24/7.

But I do NOT expect to see any more praise from you for the scum. This is a spurs forum not a 'suck off gooners' forum, and it's high time you remembered that.

P.S Before anyone says, I'm referring to your previous post, not this one.

Oh and this isn't a request, it is an order.

+1

Have a moan by all means. This is another dead end season and we just got schooled,

But you can fuck off using that as an excuse to get warm and fuzzy inside for the biggest set of cunts on the planet.

💯 how I feel.

Cast your minds back to the last game…”Newcastle have so many injuries, we’ll smash ‘em”, “4-1”; “we are due a big win up there” etc etc

It all flies in the face of evidence. Come KO on Sunday I’ll be in the ground cheering on Spurs, fresh from screaming abuse at any Gooners I see on the High Road. But on an internet message board days out from the game, there is room for healthy scepticism, even pessimism. Otherwise, what is this? Just a place to post “we gonna fucking smash em” type messages - only to be replaced with bitter recriminations during and after the game when it doesn’t go our way?

Great post mate.

Let's hope we both have eggs on our face but...

Every team does zonal marking these days, you man mark two or three big threats and the rest of the players defend a zone. Woolwich have the best defence in the league doing this. Zonal marking is not the reason we are shit on set pieces.

Lack of height and lack of aggression are the reason. As you say, players ball watching. Lucas Moura was a dwarf but he was aggressive on high balls and was damn good at getting to them first. If our players were as determined as him it would more than make up for the lack of height.
This is it though - we NEVER mark the big threats properly and just have players in their zones, its ludicrous. How many times have you watched a corner this season and said wtf is Porro or Johnson or even Skipp the few times he played marking a 6 foot plus threat? We don't do it properly and lack the physicality throughout the team most of the time but not to have Romero, VDV or Bentancur or someone with some height and aggression on the biggest guys is criminal.

After tonight all Woolwich players will be doubtful for Sunday. And all will play.
I've heard that Saka intends to pick up a little knock this evening.

giphy.gif

Let's hope it's a bit more serious than that.

💯 how I feel.

I feel so fed up with it all I sold my ticket. Mainly because I would probably get there and resent the starting 11, see the usual nonsense, get fed up even more and just not add to the atmosphere.
I'll watch it at home, on my own. Possibly in the garage while doing some DIY. At least something useful will get done.

I feel so fed up with it all I sold my ticket. Mainly because I would probably get there and resent the starting 11, see the usual nonsense, get fed up even more and just not add to the atmosphere.
I'll watch it at home, on my own. Possibly in the garage while doing some DIY. At least something useful will get done.
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom