Tottenham Hotspur vs Millwall FA CUP

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Veiled threats - have you been smoking ultra skunk weed and your apprehension developed skunk paranoia or are you old bill fishing for thugs? I stated an opinion based on years of experience and nothing else.

I saw lots of kids and a few barmy types celebrating a Millwall win against the English champions. I also saw a number of idiots childishly mocking and goading the away section: I saw nothing that I would call threatening or even mimicking violence; but the visible presence of a few mounted Met police and a short sited press eager for a story turned nothing in to something. I find it sad that people today still soak up tabloid journalism.

interesting that sutton's invasion was portrayed as 'good for them'
millwall as the D-Day landings

I understand your reasoning but I think you have that a little skewed. I think that the less away support allowed in in this case the greater the risk of trouble. WHL is very well policed when necessary and the MET can deal with 5K millwall in the park lane; it would be a better decision to have them there than have just 3000 in the ground and another 1000 watching on TVs located in North London boozers. Anyone with half ounce of sense can see where an allocation cut will lead.
Maybe if you weren't a bunch of illiterate pox ridden fat thuggish chavy cunts you might have gotten a decent allocation.

Storm the gates by all means. Mets at the front yids at the back and your mob will be smashed

Veiled threats - have you been smoking ultra skunk weed and your apprehension developed skunk paranoia or are you old bill fishing for thugs? I stated an opinion based on years of experience and nothing else.

It's this constant tone.....give us tickets or we'll infiltrate your pubs and home end.....
Oooooh years of experience against little family clubs who still think you are scary.
Like I said, go to the Spurs pubs if you want, or stand on the Shelf.
LOL

On the one hand i do think they should get 15%, look at the fuss we made over woolwich cunting us.

But then on the other hand reducing it is a "and this is why you cant have nice things" for the bermondsey soccer toughs.

If I was OB, I'd want to limit them to South Upper, keep them away from the pitch.

There is a real possibility of a big defeat for them; if we put out another strong cup team, MFC could be on the end of a battering. We've just beaten a Fulham team which is much better than MFC. 3-0 away, and on a poor pitch, could have been 6. Against a worse team, at home, on a decent pitch, it really could be 6.

And if we do the same to Millwall in front of a big allocation and fans in the lower tier, you just know the hotheads will want to invade the pitch. It's not as if there's not precedent ffs. They haven't played us for ages; this will be the last FA cup tie ever at WHL, a last hurrah for the morons to make a name for themselves and get on the telly.

Give them whatever is safe in South Upper, whether it's 2,000, 3,000 or 4,000. If it's 2,000, then tough. Keep the first few rows empty. Search the bags as normal. Make sure the known nutters with a record have to report to Bermondsey Police Station at kick off time, all the usual stuff. Not rocket science.

If Wycombe can be afforded 4000 plus tickets it's laughable that millwall can't get their full 15% or the same as Wycombe got. You ask me why would south London come to North London without tickets or without guaranteed entry even as ST holders without tickets and I never suggested that all wall ST holders are cuddly and innocent ? Come of it - its football culture and the quarter final of the biggest domestic cup competition in Europe and an all London Derby to boot. Did you ask why English fans in their thousands went to France without tickets? It's the nature of the beast and away fans in the alloted away end makes much more sense than away fans in random Tottenham pubs.

It's just common sense IMHO.

Wycombe got 12.5%. Sorry to burst the illusion.

You saying there is nobody on this site who has experience as a supporter:
You just opened your can of worms mate!

15% is FA cup rules. Of course we should give them that, just like we should expect the same for our away games.

Millwall got a bit of a reputation off the pitch, but so does Spurs. Shouldn't really make a difference.

15% is FA cup rules. Of course we should give them that, just like we should expect the same for our away games.

Millwall got a bit of a reputation off the pitch, but so does Spurs. Shouldn't really make a difference.

Gills and Villa got 10%. Why should Millwall get more?

And I base that on 45 years of experience and several run ins with them over the last 40 years.

Anyone that thinks they won't cause mayhem inside and outside the ground if they get 4800 tickets is in for a BIG surprise.

Its their badge of honour. Without thuggery they are nothing.

Gills and Villa got 10%. Why should Millwall get more?

And I base that on 45 years of experience and several run ins with them over the last 40 years.

Anyone that thinks they won't cause mayhem inside and outside the ground if they get 4800 tickets is in for a BIG surprise.

Its their badge of honour. Without thuggery they are nothing.

Villa didn't ask for more than 10%, did they? Gills was league cup, so different rules. Wycombe probably got less because of segregation issues now that we play with a reduced capacity.

I'm not saying there won't be problems with Millwall, but why do our own fans all of a sudden use this argument when we were all angry with Woolwich for not giving us our rightful allocation? 9000 Yids at the Emirates could have been carnage as well

Last edited:
Had a quick read of one of their forums. Apparently we're like the Gooners because we expect to beat them.

Look fellas, We've been one of the top 6 sides in the country for a little while now, so you'll have to forgive us for expecting to comfortably beat a league one side on our own turf. I'm sure you'd feel the same if it was the other way around.

We still moan about Woolwich not giving us 15% yet are convinced they shouldn't get it due to potential trouble, the exact same reason we didn't get 15% at Woolwich. Makes no sense to me

I will be there whatever they get in terms of allocation.

Just seems a weird strategy to me. Spurs are considering a reduced allocation due to potential crowd trouble & their argument is 'we will cause more trouble if we don't get our way'.

Why should we give in to that?

Back
Top Bottom