Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | 6 Nov 2022 | KO 16:30 | Second Half Match Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably not best to rest your best performing player of the season in a big game.

He'll get a weeks rest after today.
I'm only saying it cos his hamstring issue last game. It doesn't matter if he gets a week off after a hamstring injury today.

Got to make sure we're still in this game by the hour mark.

Liverpool would be silly not to press us high in this one knowing we don't have many, if any, runners in behind at all. Going to need Sessegnon to be spot on in his late runs, Bentancur and Hojbjerg to be at their creative best and Perisic and Kane playing the games of their lives.

Really interesting to see how Perisic and Kane link up, two very smart and experienced players. The issue is when we're pinned back and we don't have a runner to stretch the opposition, like Son and Kulu do.

At home against this shaky Liverpool team who have been beaten by all manner of dross in the PL this season and we opt for a midfield 3 with Emerson and Sess at wingback. It's laughable.

We will sit back and try to absorb pressure but will have nothing to counter with as we have 1 attacker on the pitch. Then they will score and we will go 343 and make a valiant attempt to get back into the game. We know the script by now.

It's just frustrating that Conte puts out these kinds of teams and then complains after that we don't start games quick enough or we are not aggressive enough. I wonder why?
Who would you have picked instead?

At home against this shaky Liverpool team who have been beaten by all manner of dross in the PL this season and we opt for a midfield 3 with Emerson and Sess at wingback. It's laughable.

We will sit back and try to absorb pressure but will have nothing to counter with as we have 1 attacker on the pitch. Then they will score and we will go 343 and make a valiant attempt to get back into the game. We know the script by now.

It's just frustrating that Conte puts out these kinds of teams and then complains after that we don't start games quick enough or we are not aggressive enough. I wonder why?

You not think Son, Rich, Kulu & Lucas fitness situ's might play a part?

I'm actually liking that team... Perisic was a MONSTER for Inter when he played further up.... Best option we've got under the circumstances, IMHO!

Deki on the bench could be MASSIVE too...

Spence did what was expected of him. Solid performance.
For large parts of the Marseille game Peresic was a passive spectator, we need the guy who turned up for the last 25 - 30 minutes

Who would you have picked instead?
If 352, I have attacking wingbacks (Doc and Perisic) with whoever is able to join Kane up front. And the WBs are instructed to play aggressively and go forward.

Otherwise 343 with Perisic and Gil/Lucas up with Kane.

But he has gone with the more defensive formation PLUS defensive full backs. I just don't see how we create anything.

I'm glad we have gone with Perisic up top, Moura is not offering enough to start games at the minute.
I don’t get how some pick and choose which players haven’t done enough. Looking at the Marseille thread sess was awful but plays. Royal has been tied since he came, can anyone provide his stats on assists? We are relying on those two provide the crosses and creativity god help us. I would still play Lucas at least he runs with ball and draws fouls plus his good in the air. At least play Doh to offer some attacking threat on the right.

What I don’t get is why bother to play lane and burn him out. All his gonna be doing is trotting around up front not pressing and then chasing hoofed balls from the back. We ain’t gonna creat anything for him other than set piece.

If 352, I have attacking wingbacks (Doc and Perisic) with whoever is able to join Kane up front. And the WBs are instructed to play aggressively and go forward.

Otherwise 343 with Perisic and Gil/Lucas up with Kane.

But he has gone with the more defensive formation PLUS defensive full backs. I just don't see how we create anything.
There is nobody else fit enough to play with Kane up top though. Saying "whoever is able to join Kane up front" doesn't magically make our players fit.

Gil starting against Liverpool just is not going to happen, but even if it did happen, you're at most changing one player in the team.

The reality is with our injuries there weren't a lot of options.

We will play defensive until we can bring Deki on.

Back
Top Bottom