Tottenham Hotspur vs. Juventus - Tuesday, February 13th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Magnificent performance.
Lloris an absolute a titan in goal, forced the miss by not diving and rattled Higuain. Made another top save later on too.
Eriksen what a beauty of a goal, an assist really by Dele, you see the way at the last second Dele darts out the way making Eriksen have more of a view. Dele was slightly blocking Buffon view until he moved. Really clever play that was.
Pundits showed our average positions, and we had just 2 outfield men in our half the whole game on average, whereas Juve had about 7 iirc. Pretty ballsy from us, and I like it... We have our philosophy and this is what we fucking do.
Dembele had 116 touches, Eriksen 100.
We absolutely fucking bossed them for the most part. Dembele is just a supreme footballer, ridiculous talent and its like putting the ball in a bank when he has it. One of those accounts you have to give 30 days notice for a withdrawal lol.

Just when you think you can't be any more pround of this team, they go and outdo themselves again!

Bunch of beautiful bastards!

:kanegoal::llorishowudoin::pochohshit::sonlol::vert::lamelaaghh::allitongue::dembelewtf::eriksenlol:

I became a fan of the club in 2010. And I’m over the moon with the results over the last three seasons. Can’t even imagine what older fans of decades are feeling. You all deserve it.
I’m feeling wholesome as fuck damn. Hope Porto smash the bin dippers tomorrow. Hope no one on the streets try to kill me over my tottenham shirt tomorrow.
As someone who’s been a fan since 1991, I’m still in total disbelief at where we are. I’m not sure I’ll ever get used to it!

Oh my days. If there was ever an advert for shutting the fuck up & waiting the full 90 minutes, you’ve just witnessed it. After 10 minutes I wanted to go home & die. Didn’t dare peep on here. At 90 minutes, I wanted us to bury them completely & thought we would had it gone on much longer. They won’t score twice at Wembley. So as long as we don’t lose, it’s the next round.
Now...as I’ve never seen us lose at Wembley....if I get a night off, any tickets?

:levyeyes:

Last edited:
Aurier will improve with a pre season.
Hasn’t had one with us yet.
Pochettino will improve him,
You know I really don't think so ... his touch is awful ... he's not fast and positionally he seems unaware

I know walker improved but the tools were always there.... poch coached the potential and made him an excellent fb

I absolutely hope I'm proved totally wrong but I don't see what he can do with that

A preseason gets him fitter , he doesn't look unfit

Sorry but if you don't know to stay on your feet in the box by now, he never will
He’s not got the pace, Costa is fast.
In the PL inthink it’s a timing thing, that comes with not being sharp.
Look at how many of the Juve players made sliding tackles tonight in their box. Vertonghen does.
It’s an art.
He just needs to know when to and not to.
I think he will lose weight, get sharper and Pochettino will improve him.

Simply a stunning game. We had a couple of moments where we rode our luck but you need that at times.

More to the point we outplayed one of the best teams and certainly best defensive teams in Europe at their ground. We took the game to them and didn't just sit back to hit them on the break and looked comfortable doing it. We had over 60% possession away at Juve!

Fantastic performance. Before the match 2-2 would have been a great score.

After 10mins 2-2 was probably a 50-1 bet.

Anyway game on.
Counting down the days to a Wembley European night in March.

Gotta say, I was kinda surprised by Spurs fightback after going down 2-0 so early in the game. So 2-2 in the game, is a fabulous result. Having said that, I still fancy Juve to go through, with Dybala, Matuidi, Cuadrado to come back should give them a huge boost.
This a wind up?

And you mean by us? Or are you not a supporter?

Spurs rose to the top through natural means and became a top 4 side that way, City and Chelsea became top teams through artificial gains. Spurs have my respect.

Gotta say, I was kinda surprised by Spurs fightback after going down 2-0 so early in the game. So 2-2 in the game, is a fabulous result. Having said that, I still fancy Juve to go through, with Dybala, Matuidi, Cuadrado to come back should give them a huge boost.
If you're thinking like that after tonite I suggest you get some therapy !

Really feared the worst after 10 mins. We really must stop giving teams early goals. I thought the Kane effort was a penalty but BT seemed to brush it off. We do not even need to score at Wembley as we go through at 0-0. Juventus need to score but have the class to do so and we must therefore play the same as tonight without giving early goals away. Hopefully by then Toby will be back as a calming influence but trippier has to play against Costa as Aurier suspended.
Great night

Back
Top Bottom