Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace - Sat. 2nd March 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just a quick moan before I leave and go for a celebration jar or two. I looked at the stats at half time. We had 82% of possession and had only one shot on goal. Something is not right and expect better tacticians than me will know what.

Udogie really helped us today btw. Having a wingback who can receive and be a threat in the half spaces in midfield. Huge priority. We must find real backups for him and Porro this summer.

I don’t know why we can’t play with the same intensity from the start as when we were chasing the game?!

The first half looked like a pre-season or training match with nothing at stake.

Bizarre!

No we didn't. We only had it easier after they gift-wrapped us our first, then second & third by switching off defensively. Til then we never looked like scoring.

We literally hit the post, you clown.

Also; BJ forced our opening goal... It wasn't "gift-wrapped".

Just a quick moan before I leave and go for a celebration jar or two. I looked at the stats at half time. We had 82% of possession and had only one shot on goal. Something is not right and expect better tacticians than me will know what.
We couldn’t break them down in the low block and didn’t have the energy/off ball movement to create anything.

Werner had a good game tbh.

Miss aside, he took on his man well all game, put in a great cross or two, should have won a penalty and scored the equaliser.
As i've said all along. Werner is our only winger who has the guts to take players on time and time again!!

And he get's away with it a lot of the times too. He's got a weak left foot tho, and misses a lot of crosses. That's why i would like us to try him on the right, at least once.

Our other wingers don't have the same guts. And 8 out of 10 times stops the play, and passes inwards or backwards!

So i don't think he deserves the abuse he get's in here.

Werner isn't a goalscorer, and has never been!

Decided to stay away from this thread during the match.

Despite the missed chance Timo looked really good, glad to see him get a goal. Brennan's first touch sails over from close then his determination creates the first goal. Bentancur still isn't himself, kind of surprised we didn't see Sarr earlier. Almost shit myself when VdV went down until I remembered we have Dragusin and not Dier.

Can we pease sign Eze?

Play the game with intensity and pace and we will beat most teams. They set up the same way first half as they did in the second. It’s all on us to make it happen. We have one player in madders who has class and guile. Delighted for Werner as he got at their full back the whole second half. Johnson played like a man when he came on. VDV could quite possibly be one of our greatest defenders in the years to come. He is absolutely magnificent in everything he does. He bullies people,can outrun them,can play,can carry the ball and also passes the ball with intensity.

As for Palace,they are a joke of a team and deserved everything they got. They were terrible and the only way they’d score was from a set piece. Hope they get dragged in and go down. I’d rather see Luton in the league as they go for it.

Back
Top Bottom