Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace - Sat. 2nd March 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got home about 2 hours ago. Just for once I thought Sky might have made us the game of the day. But no those fucking biased Clippidy Klopp show cunts have to put the fucking bin dippers on tv again. Fuck off

It was an excellent win, Son and Werner took their goals nicely.

For me though, this wasn't a performance which filled me with hope for much harder games to come.

Overall, so far this season, I think we have had pretty good results but a real mixed bag in terms of performance levels. I'm not totally sure what the problem is.

Just back

Relieved that Werner got his goal, his first half chance looked like he'd done the hard bit going past the keeper. It was down the far end so I'll have to see it on the telly. Aside from that he was on our side/end for the 2nd half and he had the Palace FB on toast, put several crosses in, one in particular shoulda been a simple tap in.

Couldnt understand Bentancur being picked - we knew he was off the pace, and he obv still is. Gave away possession, as well as the free kick. Vic had done some great saves from offside chances, sounds like the wall coulda been set up better.

Well done Johnson for that all important equlaiser, he had no right to get then keep possession for the cross. This guy could develop really well for us he is still so young.

MVDV - just wow. My mate said he'd heard that over 20 yds he's international sprinter class.

Emerson, again a very decent game. Udogie much better, never caught in possession once.

3rd time in a row for my PL matches a 3-1 win.

Notes on the game:

Whoever lined up the wall and keeper for the Palace goal needs to go back to school for trigonometry lessons.
Bissouma looks like a sub-par Sissoko — Sarr has to start for either he or Bentancur next week.
The Palace substitutions were brilliant— and won us the game.
Son is ridiculously good when you give him a chance with time in front of goal.

Notes on the game:

Whoever lined up the wall and keeper for the Palace goal needs to go back to school for trigonometry lessons.
Bissouma looks like a sub-par Sissoko — Sarr has to start for either he or Bentancur next week.
The Palace substitutions were brilliant— and won us the game.
Son is ridiculously good when you give him a chance with time in front of goal.
Hahahaha agree with all that apart from the one you slipped in re: Sissoko. Give over

Just back

Relieved that Werner got his goal, his first half chance looked like he'd done the hard bit going past the keeper. It was down the far end so I'll have to see it on the telly. Aside from that he was on our side/end for the 2nd half and he had the Palace FB on toast, put several crosses in, one in particular shoulda been a simple tap in.
I think people are being incredibly harsh on Timo for that first half chance, anyone would think it was a simple tap in or that he was the first forward to come off worst in in a one-on-one dual with the keeper.

Seems to me he did everything right and yet Johnson managed to Stretch Armstrong an arm across to save his goal-bound shot. Brilliant keeping, it reminded me of a chance when Vic did the same for us, seemed to extend his arm beyond the normal range. Great save, give him credit.

Unless of course you want to over-criticise his every shortcoming to back up your prejudice and then underplay his "simplest of tap in goals" when the narrative goes against you that is.

mini-stretch-armstrong-p988-1580_image.jpg

Last edited:
I think people are being incredibly harsh on Timo for that first half chance, anyone would think it was a simple tap in or that he was the first forward to come off wort in in a one-on-one dual with the keeper.

Seems to me he did everything right and yet Johnson managed to Stretch Armstrong an arm across to save his goal-bound shot. Brilliant keeping, it reminded me of a chance when Vic did the same for us, seemed to extend his arm beyond the normal range. Great save, give him credit.

Unless of course you want to over-criticise his every shortcoming to back up your prejudice and then underplay his "simplest of tap in goals" when the narrative goes against you that is.

mini-stretch-armstrong-p988-1580_image.jpg
It's a funny one, I like Werner in general, has been pretty good for us but Son's goal at the end showed how easy it can be to finish 1 on 1.

If that isn’t a pen then they might as well get rid of pens. Club needs to raise it and put pressure for a response.

I think we need to face the fact that we need to be cunts more.

If diving, tactical fouls and disrespectful gestures to the refs, with a bit of pressure in press conferences, is what they allow the teams above us to to, then we can only assume that’s what they want all teams to do.

Perseverance. It was a tough watch in terms of style until we scored but the effort and endeavour was top class. A performance summed up by Johnsons first assist I thought.

Back
Top Bottom