Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley Sat11th May 3.00 pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who? Sarr and udogie? 2 is hardly 'many'. Both have also been extremely patchy at points. Udogie more than sarr, who imo should've been on the shortlist for ypoty. 22 is still young ffs,

The saka comparisons are ridiculous, the guy is one of the best players in the league/world. Johnson will likely never be that guy, I don't think there's any shame in that, there's not many players who are as good as he is, and none that would come to spurs right now anyway. He can't help what the club paid for him. I don't think anyone has ever thought of him as a 'saviour' either. He's just a young player trying to find his way, and has put up the third best g+a numbers in the squad while not really pulling up many trees.

This whole post is just hysterical.
Ok let’s see next season what he does. His overall play at present doesn’t help the team as he loses the ball to easy, his crossing and decision making are poor, and needs to improve defensively.
Kulu had the same people defending him and his no where near the level we need.
The attack improves considerably if we get players like eze, ollise, Williams, etc, fuck if we had Gordon and isak with son we would be right up there challenging.

A good result. Europa league confirmed. I would have taken that all day long at the start of the season.
Apparently we were shite though. But doesn't really matter now.
Its all about next season.

Indeed but what I am saying is that he never thought of trying something different! Everyone must have known what the outcome would be asking those two play like destiny. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist. It’s more the inflexibility of not thinking outside the box instead just doing the same thing again and expecting g diff results.
After one half of Royal he did do something different. He put Skipp in and revealed it's something they've worked on in training, I'm assuming that he didn't think Skipp was quite ready for it but after that first half he must have rolled the dice. He kept Skipp in there yesterday, until trying VDV there towards the end.

Ok let’s see next season what he does. His overall play at present doesn’t help the team as he loses the ball to easy, his crossing and decision making are poor, and needs to improve defensively.
Kulu had the same people defending him and his no where near the level we need.
The attack improves considerably if we get players like eze, ollise, Williams, etc, fuck if we had Gordon and isak with son we would be right up there challenging.
I agree there's a lot to improve in his game, and next season the reasons/excuses that are being made for him now won't wash. I just think there's a lot of fans out there being extremely harsh on him. He's not been incredible but is still putting up numbers in this side, I think that's a positive thing.

Not one of those players you mentioned would be £50m or less, so again I feel his price tag is unfairly used against him. He's the tier below those types of players and the price tag does reflect that. £50m today in football isn't that outrageous.

Caught the replay. Couple of thoughts:

- Really good chances and could have really scored on 3, 6, 28, 58 and 71 minutes,
- Assignon trying to beat VDV in a foot race. No chance,
- A few poor final passes in the first half but at least we were going for a killer pass instead of passing around in a semi-circle,
- Terrible goal to concede, very basic,
- Their keeper had an absolute disaster first half, if our finishing was better could have scored from some of those opportunities,
- BJ should have passed on 33, would have been another goal,
- What a ringpiece Assignon is,
- Don’t know why BJ and Kulu switched sides in the second half,
- Our free kick on 65 was absolute trash,
- Good to see Dane get some game time,
- Should play VDV at LB versus City.

Berge was their best player by a mile.

it was Burnley we played yesterday, and we won 2-1
boys is that good enough ?
we needed 2 good strikes for our goals, they werem't created by Ange ball
many of us called out a few weeks back to move VDV to fb (gives us left footed player, and put dragon in as LCB, (had weeks to train both up, no mdweek matches) yet he only does t with 10 mins left
I'm sorry never been all in with Ange, but when he said set pieces don't matter I lost it completely
Spatchcock

I’m the sheriff round here and you’d do well to remember that

Clint Eastwood Nod GIF by GritTV

Not another one!

No his not young his gonna be 23 in a couple weeks. Why does he get this BS about being young, trip 6 club, blah blah. We have many younger players than him whose first season in PL from abroad doing far better. The guy has the whole season to improve but has shown none. Other teams have even younger players look at palmer for eg. The guy is not good enough for £47.5M period! If you think his the saviour like Ange does then we are in trouble.
Oh shut up you fucking Nimrod.

How old was Kane when he broke through?

it was Burnley we played yesterday, and we won 2-1
boys is that good enough ?
we needed 2 good strikes for our goals, they werem't created by Ange ball
many of us called out a few weeks back to move VDV to fb (gives us left footed player, and put dragon in as LCB, (had weeks to train both up, no mdweek matches) yet he only does t with 10 mins left
I'm sorry never been all in with Ange, but when he said set pieces don't matter I lost it completely
Both goals scored by inverted full backs - that’s pretty much ange ball although limited Burnley have been in decent form recently and obviously battling for their lives / should have been a more comfortable win but a decent win in my book

A good result. Europa league confirmed. I would have taken that all day long at the start of the season.
Apparently we were shite though. But doesn't really matter now.
Its all about next season.
Could still finish 7th and if Man Utd finish 8th and win the FA cup I don’t think we’d even get conference football

No his not young his gonna be 23 in a couple weeks. Why does he get this BS about being young, trip 6 club, blah blah. We have many younger players than him whose first season in PL from abroad doing far better. The guy has the whole season to improve but has shown none. Other teams have even younger players look at palmer for eg. The guy is not good enough for £47.5M period! If you think his the saviour like Ange does then we are in trouble.
Mate, when you're of a 'certain age' anything under 30 is 'young'!!

He's a mere whipper-snapper...

And as I've probably already said elsewhere, I've got Pants older than him... that I'm still wearing!!

(Just reminded myself, those 25 year old pants REALLY could do with a wash now!!)

Oh shut up you fucking Nimrod.

How old was Kane when he broke through?
Kane is 31 this year so in 2014 his first proper season was 21! Plus he came through the academy out on loan a few times and you know how difficult it is for us to promote academy players. Johnson cost £47.5M for a ready made first team player as he already one full season in EPl and has played a ton of games in the champo. Also his played for wales so has far more experience than Kane did when broke through.

Back
Top Bottom