Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley Sat11th May 3.00 pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we're living in a world where 22 is no longer considered young I don't wanna live anymore
23 soon and for footballers that is not that young any more. Like I said we have far younger players than as well as other teams. Why is he considered young and you players like palmer, VDV, destiny, foden, Elliot to name a few killing it already!

it was Burnley we played yesterday, and we won 2-1
boys is that good enough ?
we needed 2 good strikes for our goals, they werem't created by Ange ball
many of us called out a few weeks back to move VDV to fb (gives us left footed player, and put dragon in as LCB, (had weeks to train both up, no mdweek matches) yet he only does t with 10 mins left
I'm sorry never been all in with Ange, but when he said set pieces don't matter I lost it completely

many of us called out a few weeks back to move VDV to fb (gives us left footed player, and put dragon in as LCB, (had weeks to train both up, no mdweek matches) yet he only does t with 10 mins left
I'm sorry never been all in with Ange, but when he said set pieces don't matter I lost it completely

Take the weekend off bro

He didn't say that though, did he?

Honestly a couple of better final balls or passes and it ends 4-1 to us.

I get constructive criticism, I can understand wanting to do better but there are some on here who just can't bring themselves to stop whining no matter what

20 percenter

No his not young his gonna be 23 in a couple weeks. Why does he get this BS about being young, trip 6 club, blah blah. We have many younger players than him whose first season in PL from abroad doing far better. The guy has the whole season to improve but has shown none. Other teams have even younger players look at palmer for eg. The guy is not good enough for £47.5M period! If you think his the saviour like Ange does then we are in trouble.
I didn’t say I think he is the saviour and it’s not his fault the club paid so much for him - players are human as well
You know ?
He might not come good next season either but I’m not going to write him off after his first season with us

Considering we lost a few games in a row, yes it was good enough. We needed a win and we got it.

We dominated that second half too and if we had players who could finish, it would’ve been 4-1, easily.

Also, he rightly has no obligation to listen to the opinions of some fans on a forum.

He also did not say that set pieces didn’t matter. That is not what he said.

We won. Take the day off and enjoy yourself.

Christ.

So VDV goal never came from Ange ball???? Are you serious? How many teams have their left back on the edge of the opposition box and being that high up?? You could even argue that Porro’s goal is because he wants his full blacks to get forward and into the box to score.

Yes it is good enough to win 2-1 against Burnley. Its a win and it should’ve been more but that’s football.

He didn't say that though, did he?

Honestly a couple of better final balls or passes and it ends 4-1 to us.

I get constructive criticism, I can understand wanting to do better but there are some on here who just can't bring themselves to stop whining no matter what

AND the manager knows that out attack is a problem. He must have mentioned he isnt happy with it about 20 times this season.

Yesterday was actually a great game to use to show the players everything they do right and wrong because so many examples of bother were laid bare.

Three things……VDV….Left Back…..Hamstring

Great to see the likes of Maddison and Porro back on form , the second half was much better , especially when Son got moved out wide,some great movement and passing and fair play to the Burnley keeper, as it could have been four or five.

Like to see Scarlett get more minutes, he provided a lot more energy up front when he came on.

And to the bloke holding on to his pissed up mrs by Northumberland park last night, hope you both made it home, she had clearly enjoyed the hospitality at the stadium..!
Sin bin voted for taking the match thread off topic

So VDV goal never came from Ange ball???? Are you serious? How many teams have their left back on the edge of the opposition box and being that high up?? You could even argue that Porro’s goal is because he wants his full blacks to get forward and into the box to score.

Yes it is good enough to win 2-1 against Burnley. It’s a win and it should’ve been more but that’s football.
True about the FBs. However this is not exclusive to us! Look at robbo last where was he when he first flicked on the ball to salah and then finish off the rebound? Inside the 6 yard box and it was Trent who crossed from byline edge of pen box. Yet they don’t leave wide open spaces behind them? Some people make out Angeball is the new way to attack and is somehow revolutionary. Well it’s bollocks to me. Teams have played attacking front football for years far more successful than we have tbh. We played great attacking football under Harry and poch. Still kept our shape and defended well. Just bco VDV scores that goal doesn’t mean it’s a direct result of angeball.
As for cretin yes it was good to win and yes I do post criticisms bcos we can all see where we need to improve. If you’re happy that our manager plays the likes of Davies and royal v Saka and salah then I’m afraid there is no point having a discussion.
We do play much better football now but our attack is toothless.

If you’re happy that our manager plays the likes of Davies and royal v Saka and salah then I’m afraid there is no point having a discussion.
You're right there is no point. Davies is one of our only two left backs, and unless you're expecting Ange to have replaced the entire squad in two transfer windows then it's you who is being unreasonable. Of course Davies plays when fit if Udogie is unavailable.

Royal played because both Davies and Udogie are out, leaving no other left backs. Yeah, Royal is terrible and we will never see him at Left Back ever again. Probably won't see him anywhere ever again.

It's a fucking lovely day, we won fairly comfortably in the end. Go and have a beer and chill.

No his not young his gonna be 23 in a couple weeks. Why does he get this BS about being young, trip 6 club, blah blah. We have many younger players than him whose first season in PL from abroad doing far better. The guy has the whole season to improve but has shown none. Other teams have even younger players look at palmer for eg. The guy is not good enough for £47.5M period! If you think his the saviour like Ange does then we are in trouble.
Who? Sarr and udogie? 2 is hardly 'many'. Both have also been extremely patchy at points. Udogie more than sarr, who imo should've been on the shortlist for ypoty. 22 is still young ffs,

The saka comparisons are ridiculous, the guy is one of the best players in the league/world. Johnson will likely never be that guy, I don't think there's any shame in that, there's not many players who are as good as he is, and none that would come to spurs right now anyway. He can't help what the club paid for him. I don't think anyone has ever thought of him as a 'saviour' either. He's just a young player trying to find his way, and has put up the third best g+a numbers in the squad while not really pulling up many trees.

This whole post is just hysterical.

Excuse me ??? and who are you?

I’m the sheriff round here and you’d do well to remember that

Clint Eastwood Nod GIF by GritTV

You're right there is no point. Davies is one of our only two left backs, and unless you're expecting Ange to have replaced the entire squad in two transfer windows then it's you who is being unreasonable. Of course Davies plays when fit if Udogie is unavailable.

Royal played because both Davies and Udogie are out, leaving no other left backs. Yeah, Royal is terrible and we will never see him at Left Back ever again. Probably won't see him anywhere ever again.

It's a fucking lovely day, we won fairly comfortably in the end. Go and have a beer and chill.
Indeed but what I am saying is that he never thought of trying something different! Everyone must have known what the outcome would be asking those two play like destiny. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist. It’s more the inflexibility of not thinking outside the box instead just doing the same thing again and expecting g diff results.

Back
Top Bottom