Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona - UCL 3/10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Obviously it sucks to lose, but that was a thoroughly entertaining battle against Barca. We wanted Messi, and he fucking showed up. I'm proud of the lads for fighting without even a hint of intimidation. We're not gonna cruise La Liga giants every season ffs! COYS

Only negative for me is Son. Love him to bits and won’t criticise his application, but he’s struggling.
He's had almost two years of continuous football.
After avoiding the draft he should have been sent away for a month.
because of the threadbare squad he's been pressed back into service far too early.

Look Barca are a better team. Fair result

But my gripes

Kane becoming prettty selfish. Was at the game and he cud have put either son or Lucas through a few times and chose not to before playing backwards. Some workplace rivalry there. Sorry but he was hogging

Dier, Davies, winks (despite some great moments) and sissoko not good enough.

Did so well to come into it and almost grab that equaliser. Hats off to the effort without our best 11. But seriously why the fuck are we trying to play out of the back that late in the game. With Kane and llorente on why the fuck not kick it long which is what even the best teams in the world do that late in the game.

Just hope if we don't qualify we miss Europa too.
I don't think we're above that cup (I'd love it) but I don't think we have the depth for top 4 in the prem (a priority) and that too.

Sissoko isn’t a replacement for Eriksen

Different argument

We didn’t lose tonight because of Sissoko

Just look at our full backs and Hugo

That’s why we lost

I don’t want a cunt off with you so let’s just agree to disagree

I’m proud of the way we came back at them with little help from the ref and some of our main players were out
Yeah I can deal with that

:pochbye:

Did so well to come into it and almost grab that equaliser. Hats off to the effort without our best 11. But seriously why the fuck are we trying to play out of the back that late in the game. With Kane and llorente on why the fuck not kick it long which is what even the best teams in the world do that late in the game.
We stop crossing when Llorente comes on. I'm convinced it's an elaborate prank we are playing on him

Unlucky lads......gave it a fight at least, and on another day we get a point or even win that.

What a shame Dier didn’t start.....I hope a few people can see now how far ahead of Wanyama he is.
Special mention to Winks, Kane, Sanchez, Toby, Lamela, Sissoko, Trippier and Moura too, worked their socks off.
Davies tried his best, but was probably a game for Rose with hindsight.

Son was lacking, and Llorente got no service as per.

Feel some pro active subs after Kane scored could have helped us, but all in all no shame with the injuries we had and we made them sweat a bit.

Oh look Dippers lost.

Good summation mate.

Had Barcelona not had Rakitic, Pique and lets say Busquets they might have struggled.

Carry that into the weekend and we will be fine.

Best game from Winks for a long time. Like the lightbulb switched on in the 2nd half. And Kane very near to his best.

As captain and first choice goalkeeper after a 4 weeks injury lay-off?
Are you asking or telling?

A 4 week injury lay off in which the back up goalkeeper has been very good...and we just throw him back into the first 11? This after off the field issues as well in which he's acted like a total idiot but we treat him like some sort of demigod?

He cost us today but yes of course to most it will be the fault of Sissoko.

that CM they had Arthur looked absolutely fantastic! a real star

Messi, different class. A joy to watch.

Yeah, he was incredible tonight. Don’t think he lost the ball. Amazing control, took the ball from defence and, well, basically just passed it to Messi.

They’re a fantastic team but our midfield is so static, the first half was little more than a training game for Barca.

Agreed. Especially Spurs fans who were still on the fence should now see the light. We've now played Madrid and Barca in consecutive seasons, and the talent, skill and overall influence on the game as a whole Messi shows is on a totally different level to Ronaldo.
Messi is the greatest there is, has been and probably ever will be.
Agreed, Messi is total class. Only thing i thought to help contain him a little more was to go with 3 cm's. The space he got time and time again was in part to Wanyama and Winks having so much ground to cover with only 2 in there. A 3rd cm could have helped a little. To be honest the little genius would find space in a jammed carpark.

Lloris was shit. Sissoko was shit. You see how it's possible to hold two ideas at the same time?

You were delighted we didn't strengthen in the summer, you're clueless

I’m proud that we gave them a game with a decimated squad.
You think we should have reserves that can go out there and turn Barcelona over.

Your dreams are pathetic.

You want the quality of Bale and Hazard waiting in the wings for when Eriksen gets injured.
You’re a tool.....oh what, Zaha, Grealish and Martial would have fucking won it tonight??

Tosser

I dont understand why a cunt-off is going on?

They're better than us, we had half a team, we got schooled for the first half in midfield - a cockup and a worldy leaves us two down yet we put in one of the best second halves we have done this season against a team that has a 124M sub on the bench.

Personally im proud of the boys, and fuck all the rest

Back
Top Bottom