Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona - UCL 3/10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well at least we had a few moments. Overall we still got schooled, and that's fine, Barca will do that to more than a few teams. We have been in very shaky form and missing key players, considering even at our best this game is a huge challenge, we did admirably to make it something of a contest in the 2nd half. From here we need to conserve our energy and focus on our league form, since the CL run is most likely finished now. It's gonna be a tough season as we are very stretched and a bit dizzy; it will be a massive test of character for us to get a respectable finish this season.

1) Anyone who thinks not strengthening in the summer was a smart move is mentally ill.
2) Anyone who thinks Sissoko is remotely good enough to wear a Tottenham shirt is mentally ill
You keep saying that people were glad that we didn’t strengthen in the summer. Who exactly? I recall some being accepting of it, but I don’t think anybody felt it was actually a positive thing.

If you think Lionel Messi isn't the best player in the world, I categorically state you know nothing about football.

Astonishing to watch.

It was a strange experience this evening. Watching a player I love score twice against the club I love.

Still admired his performance, but it hurt.

Absolutely no shame in losing to Barcelona.

I'm proud of that second half performance to be honest and we so easily could have made it 3-3 at some stage. Game died when Lamela went off though, it always tends to.
For me the game died when Trippier choose to chip it to Sissoko instead of hit it route one to Llorente or Kane.
We are on complete control still, just before that goal.

Personally i think we did great in second half if we can forget about the 2 woodworks Messi hit.
Very very proud at how Winks being so instrumental.
If we had a better game plan, we could maybe get a result.

We've to think about this whole playing from the back thing as it did bad more than it did good.
Idk, the midfield being too static or maybe the attacker doesnt join as much.

Yea that Rakatic goal was just dumb.
We should have drawn this game though.
If not for 2 shitty mistakes and we'd have been level or better throughout...

Sorry but what the fook?
Messi hit the post 2x...

Barca had 8 shots on target (+2 posts). We had 5 shots on goal.
We were outplayed today over 90 minutes.

I am not saying this with doom and gloom and hopelesness for the future, but one has to at least try to be smth close to objective. I liked how we fought back in 2nd half. We did not go down without a fight, but that does not change the fact that we were lesser team today unfortunately.

Not signing a quality CM has fucked us proper

We knew that before the season began, we always leave holes in the team, at some point Levy show some balls and actually back the manager in the market properly.

That being said with what we have they gave everything and showed so much heart in the second half.

We support Tottenham. We lose every now and then, and going back, more often than not. I honestly don’t get fans like you. When you signed up as a small boy (I’ve seen your mascot photo) didn’t you read the small print? What has made you so entitled Vince? You used to be a canny looking lad with your spikey hair an’ all. You looked like a lad who was waiting for something terrible to happen to you - and it did. Having made your pledge of allegiance to an English football club, they went right ahead and fucked you up - and me for good measure.
I don’t subscribe to the ‘we used to be shite for a while, therefore we will always be shite’ school of thinking. Instead, I think we were on a trajectory towards greatness. Do you remember how good we were this time last year?
The club has settled for an optimum level of return on investment. They don’t give a fuck about winning anything.

Poch hasn't got anyone else to pick if Eriksen is injured our midfield is in serious danger.

Sissoko isn’t a replacement for Eriksen

Different argument

We didn’t lose tonight because of Sissoko

Just look at our full backs and Hugo

That’s why we lost

I don’t want a cunt off with you so let’s just agree to disagree

I’m proud of the way we came back at them with little help from the ref and some of our main players were out

Back
Top Bottom