Tottenham Hotspur Versus Redbull Leipzig 19/02/2010

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

dWGMuou.png

Subs: Gazzaniga, Tanganga, Vertonghen, Ndombele, Gedson, Sessegnon, Lamela

In your lineup, do you have GLC free, as in free to take the ball deep and move up in the attack? Or typical 10?

If a 10, I would replace Dier with Ndombele.
I think it'll be something like this, that almost looks like a 4-4-2 in defense with Dele and Lo Celso dropping deep. Some formational fluidity between the front four.

I agree I'd start Ndombele (or Gedson) over Dier but it seems that Mourinho likes Dier (perhaps because he can drop back and we can switch to 3 at the back on the fly?).

Lloris
Aurier Toby Sanchez Tanganga
Gio Ndombele Winks Lucas
Lamela Bergwijn

One false 9 gonna get isolated and wont do any good. We need 2. This is the time to be brave guys.

Yesterday while watching Dortmund game, I came up with good lineup that would do well against RBL -

---------------Lloris-------------
---Toby-Sanchez-Tanganga---
-Aurier--------------Sessegnon-
----Lo Celso---Winks----------
--------Ndombele--------------
-------------Alli------------------
------Moura------Bergwijn---

Today in the morning I realized that it would not work - just doubt we'd get away with fielding 12 players :disdain:

But seeing how exposed we were against Villa and how much superior is Leipzig attack, I still feel we need to pack the midfield and defense more solidly. Plus here away goals are more valuable, so I'd be all up for playing with defense in our mind.
Maybe something like -

---------------Lloris-------------
---Toby-Sanchez-Tanganga---
-Aurier--------------Sessegnon-
----Lo Celso---Winks----------
--------Ndombele*--------------
-------------Alli------------------
---------Bergwijn---------------

* if Ndombelly not fit to start, use Gedson next to Winksy and switch Lo Celso higher

With such format the fullbacks could push up if their side CM would tuck in to cover. I don't feel like Ndombele would be defensively responsible enough / would have legs to do it, so Lo Celso and Winks would be tasked with it. Alli would play "shadow striker" so would make runs and arrive to box in right time. But we should try to hold the ball, switch flanks and play cleaver "triangles" instead of hoofing the ball up for Bergwijn/Alli to take down the long balls.

This would also give us a chance to bring on Moura later in the game as fresh pair of feet, and sacrifice Sess for someone more creative (Lamela?) if the situation demands it, and transform to back 4 without an issue.

COYS!!!

I don't understand how so many non-Spurs fans on here manage to make themselves hated so quickly. I'm a club neutral yet look at my profile: I've been here a while and got like 100+ post reactions and not a single negative.

It's clearly possible to be an active neutral participant, even a respected one, on this forum but these idiots find it absurdly difficult.
Who is your club?

Back
Top Bottom