Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich Scum (15th Jan - 4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We’ve been in worse spots the last few years, both Nuno and Mourinho were worse than teams we are now.

The difference is that we still had prime Son and Kane, two of our best players ever, we could be positive about that. Going into next season they’ll both be in their 30s and they’re either going to want to get out of this shitheap or they’ll start regressing. It feels like this was the last season to get it right.

It’s time to start facing the fact we’ve squandered the career of the club leading scorer and one of the best talents we’ve ever had in Son. Of all the ignominy in this history of following this club, not winning a single thing with the talent we’ve had over the last decade absolutely tops it.

Hard to see the point of doing this week in, week out. It’s just pure misery. I genuinely can’t think of one thing to be positive about.

Look, I'm not a football genius like Conte, but surely it's utterly stupid to play Hojbjerg and a novice in midfield against this 3-man midfield, with the Chuckle Bros at WB to provide the creativity? Then 3 "strikers" who barely get the ball. Conte set this team* out to lose.

*Yes, need new signings, ENIC are at fault etc etc.

It takes some doing to be so bad that they've got me not watching the game and I'm still sat in my seat. I'm counting the floodlights, it's more interesting. Did we have a shot towards the end of the half? I think something happened but I genuinely stopped looking.

The problem with this logic is, it suggests the manager is the sole problem and that replacing him fixes the problem.

It doesn't.

The owners need to be held accountable once and for all, no more management changes, no more blaming the players, no more thinking it's a quick fix because our team is better than it looks.

We need to understand the problem is at the top, the club has no direction and replacing Conte will not fix a damn thing, a new "project" won't fix a damn thing.

The only new "project" we should be interested in is new ownership with new ideas.
Ten Hag has shown he can build, discipline and provide team spirit. Conte has proven none of that.

If you think not making changes to the set up of the team is acceptable after the way things were going, I despair

This is what happens when you have players like Sess, Doherty, Dier & Lenglet running around the pitch and don’t get me started on Hugo. They’re miles better than us, first time in years I’ll admit that.

Son is a shadow of himself, barely gets dangerous at all. Not sure Kulusevski is fit enough for a game like this either, doesn’t seem right.

I’d be taking off Son for Richarlison and taking off Kulusevski for Bissouma, I know we’re losing an attacker but we need to be winning the ball back higher and not letting them stroll through the middle of the park. Get Sess off for Perisic either, I don’t want to see Sess play ever again. Absolute rubbish footballer.

Back
Top Bottom