Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich Scum (15th Jan - 4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another poor 1st half why even bother turning up.

Hugos made several mistakes, 2 of which they have scored from. First one is an absolute howler. Second one you expect your keeper to save that. If your goalkeeper is playing this poorly you have no chance.

2 goals down is a long way back in a must win game.

Spend well over £2k a year for this shit 🤦🏻‍♂️
vince mcmahon wwe GIF
:levywhoa:

Look, I'm not a football genius like Conte, but surely it's utterly stupid to play Hojbjerg and a novice in midfield against this 3-man midfield, with the Chuckle Bros at WB to provide the creativity? Then 3 "strikers" who barely get the ball. Conte set this team* out to lose.

*Yes, need new signings, ENIC are at fault etc etc.

I’ve said that a n other forums and got pelters

I just have no idea what the fuck we are. PEH has been utterly dismal, strolling around when they have the ball, he's supposed to be our all action midfielder. He passes the ball and then says static, every time. Hugo can just fuck right off. Dier clueless as usual. Doherty hardly seen, Sess unfortunately has been seen and was shit. Son offering nothing. It's painful to watch this shit

What a mess, but who is to blame?

A failed rebuild - Signing Ndombele, Clarke, Doherty, Rodon Sess, Lo Celso, Begjwin, Reguillon for 250 million - All wasted money with none of those players making any impact to the squad.

Have we addressed this failure by firing that other bloke and hiring Patrici?

If feels to me that we rushed the rebuild to try to take advantage of Hugo, Son. Kane's 'best' years. We have spent so long trying to retain our best players, we neglected the rest of the squad. Kane is now left playing for a 2nd rate squad at the prime of his career.

The teams around us are spending HUGE money. It's time for Spurs to make some statement signings or let Kane and Son leave.

Men vs Boys at the moment. They are stronger and more determined. We are weak and hesitant.
I can understand that their mentality is so much better than ours. We have no plan and it’s been like this all season. Hasn’t changed anything sane things repeated every game. Their midfield dominated us and they have over lap on all the time on their right. We could all see that except conte. His got no heart for spurs and doesn’t give a mobiles. Why not play 3 in midfield and lose one of the defenders? It’s not as if we actually defend well.

We’ve been in worse spots the last few years, both Nuno and Mourinho were worse than teams we are now.

The difference is that we still had prime Son and Kane, two of our best players ever. Going into next season they’ll both be in their 30s and they’re either going to want to get out of this shitheap or they’ll start regressing. It feels like this was the last season to get it right.

It’s time to start facing the fact we’ve squandered the career of the club leading scorer and one of the best talents we’ve ever had in Son. Of all the ignominy in this history of following this club, not winning a single thing with the talent we’ve had over the last decade absolutely tops it.

Hard to see the point of doing this week in, week out. It’s just pure misery.
This.

I've become less interested generally since the CL final failure and everything that has come since.

That was our chance to achieve something great and we blew it. It was obvious then that we wouldn't get back to that level.

That plus VAR has really killed the enjoyment of the game for me.

This is what happens when you have players like Sess, Doherty, Dier & Lenglet running around the pitch and don’t get me started on Hugo. They’re miles better than us, first time in years I’ll admit that.

Son is a shadow of himself, barely gets dangerous at all. Not sure Kulusevski is fit enough for a game like this either, doesn’t seem right.

I’d be taking off Son for Richarlison and taking off Kulusevski for Bissouma, I know we’re losing an attacker but we need to be winning the ball back higher and not letting them stroll through the middle of the park. Get Sess off for Perisic either, I don’t want to see Sess play ever again. Absolute rubbish footballer.
Martinelli is very good and Doc has pretty much had him under control. I don't think he is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom