Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves (01/03/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But that's not really what he said, from my understanding he was saying that if we had won the CL with that squad - how could he possibly top it?
Ie he would have achieved all he could with backing he had

Mick, assuming that what you say is correct, the timing of such comments are poor in my opinion.
He could have believed what you said, without making it public.

Mick, assuming that what you say is correct, the timing of such comments are poor in my opinion.
It was just how I read it, either a throwaway comment or push at Levy. He got 3 players but not what he needed.
Yep he could have kept it private but it was a question from a journalist which he made a light hearted comment to, and to die hard Yids it was taken as incendiary

But that's not really what he said, from my understanding he was saying that if we had won the CL with that squad - how could he possibly top it?
Ie he would have achieved all he could with backing he had

I don’t remember him saying it like that. It wasn’t a ‘conditional’. And he was at it again the next season, at the ‘Best Manager Awards’ show, hinting he’d like Madrid (if Zidane loses on the weekend, he’ll likely get his wish).

We all love Poch. But he really was making it abundantly clear that he wanted out.

Be interesting to see how Wolves fair energy wise compared to us. We played Saturday at 12.30pm whereas they played Sunday and again tonight.

If they outrun us and look more up for it then there's something very wrong.
Could be fitness, motivation or attitude.

I don’t remember him saying it like that. It wasn’t a ‘conditional’. And he was at it again the next season, at the ‘Best Manager Awards’ show, hinting he’d like Madrid (if Zidane loses on the weekend, he’ll likely get his wish).

We all love Poch. But he really was making it abundantly clear that he wanted out.
It was the way I saw it, from the quote
moot really, he's gone and we move on.

Lets just get out of this defending badly rut, and use attack as the best form of defence

Be interesting to see how Wolves fair energy wise compared to us. We played Saturday at 12.30pm whereas they played Sunday and again tonight.

If they outrun us and look more up for it then there's something very wrong.
Could be fitness, motivation or attitude.
It will be like a full week of rest for them as they can rest all players tonight.

That whole thing really bothered me. At the time, I thought he was saying all of that to take the focus and pressure off the team, but in hindsight, I feel like he was basically saying that "I turned chicken shit into chicken salad, and now I'm going to ride off into the sunset."

If he wanted out why did he apparently ask Levy for more time? The truth is Poch loved the media, he liked being cryptic and half the time I honestly believe he said things and they were taken the wrong way, while being quite fluent in English at times there were times where he clearly couldn't find a word or quite know how to get his point across. Just look how he wallowed in the attention when Madrid wanted him.

Line up vs Espanyol in an hours time:

Wolves
  • 11Rui Patrício
  • 15Boly
  • 16Coady
  • 49Kilman
  • 2Doherty
  • 32Dendoncker
  • 17Gibbs-White
  • 28João Moutinho
  • 29Vinagre
  • 37Traoré
  • 10Castelo Podence
Substitutes
  • 6Cavaco Jordão
  • 7Neto
  • 9Jiménez
  • 21Ruddy
  • 27Saïss
  • 30Campana
  • 59Buur
Imagine if that was us under Pochettino.

Kane on bench and on even if we were 6 up, on for a 15 minute cameo!

Fcuk me what an arse Pochettino was at times, backed up by his merry Pochiteers.

Back
Top Bottom