Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think it would have changed anything. My point is Alli or eriksen could play there and lucus could help us keep the ball higher up. Winks was just passenger the whole game anyway and didn't really help keep wolves at bay.

I don't think Lucas should have come on at all - it wasn't the game for him. We needed to get more control of midfield. Skipp coming on made the most sense out of those on the bench, unless we were going to take Son off and bring Foyth on to go 3 at the back.

Winks had a good first half and as a team we were in complete control. The less said about the second half, the better.

Yeah you had 11 men behind the ball for 70
minutes though.

We were shit and you won. But you parked the bus even at 1-0 like I said you would.
Just 9pts from safety now....keep plugging away and you might even finish above West Ham. Then next year when your best players are sold you can go back to fighting off relegation as per.

Anyway, time to go nuts out there in Farmersville!! You came to London and beat Spurs!!!
You really did it!!!!

:freundgoal:
At 2-1 up against a 'big club' we were going for a 3rd goal. We didnt even park the bus then. You are very bitter and cant just give credit where it is due. You dismissed us and got beat by the better team on the day.

I don't think Lucas should have come on at all - it wasn't the game for him. We needed to get more control of midfield. Skipp coming on made the most sense out of those on the bench, unless we were going to take Son off and bring Foyth on to go 3 at the back.

Winks had a good first half and as a team we were in complete control. The less said about the second half, the better.

Tbh all I saw worst case scenario is them nicking an equaliser. So my thoughts were let's get a second. Switch the tempo. Didn't know we'd need to think of parking the bus against wolves. Total lack of effort second half all round.

Tbh all I saw worst case scenario is them nicking an equaliser. So my thoughts were let's get a second. Switch the tempo. Didn't know we'd need to think of parking the bus against wolves. Total lack of effort second half all round.

Sometimes though, when you're shattered from a ridiculously scheduled winter period, you need to just get men behind the ball and grind out the 3 points.

Fuck off you mug, ain't you got any mates you can celebrate the biggest result your clubs had In a decade with, instead of logging into a Tottenham forum, what a sad, pathetic existence you are living , I pity you
its ok snowflake. Dont get all upset because you had your bubble burst. Calling it our biggest result in a decade is the ignorant attitude that got you into this pickle in the first place. Mug

At 2-1 up against a 'big club' we were going for a 3rd goal. We didnt even park the bus then. You are very bitter and cant just give credit where it is due. You dismissed us and got beat by the better team on the day.

Credit to wolves but at 1-1 Kane fouled and booked for diving it. at 2-1 it should be a pen. Those kinds of decisions helped you. With that said we should be switched on as you go and score almost immediately after that scandalous decision

I didn’t say you parked at 2-1 up, I said you parked the bus for the first 60-70 minutes.

We were shit. I haven’t said we were the better team.
I don’t give credit to gloaters....from the minute you rocked up here all you’ve wanted is me to tickle your tummy and say “good boy!!”

I don’t give a fuck about Wolves. You were someone we needed to beat today and didn’t. Sorry if your insignificance bothers you.

As I said, enjoy the battle to 40pts

And THAT is a very good point!

Still, nothing quite like parking the bus, is there....? And that today was NOTHING like parking the bus!!

Nothing against Wolves personally... Fair play.
Today hurt like hell, but it seems you've developed a knack for hurting the top 5 or 6... at least it wasn't just US you've done well AGAINST!
They were very disciplined in defence, but they were not parking the bus. There were long spells in the second half when they were on the ball in our half.
We should have killed it in the first half when we were on top.
They were good in the away game as well, I hope they finish 6th personally.
Comparing with other teams we have seen recently, they look streets ahead of Bournemouth and Everton.

You have never been the better team, our lot gave up in the second half. I know it's difficult to stomach, but your success is born from the apathy of a club that actually matters.

But if you're claiming a strategic victory, I'd have to say that the league will soon get wise to your pathetic useless cunts act followed by plucky cunt act for the win. So it can't last.

Enjoy this, your only moment in the sun. Before the year is out your empty reality will dawn on you and, once more, you'll reach for the wrist knife. I just hope this time you have the bollocks to see it out.

its ok snowflake. Dont get all upset because you had your bubble burst. Calling it our biggest result in a decade is the ignorant attitude that got you into this pickle in the first place. Mug
Oh sorry am I missing out on that glorious 1-0 away win at Cardiff last season. In the last decade you've never come above 15th in the prem, got relegated down to league 1 and would probably be in a championship relegation battle right now if you hadn't become the Man City of that division and bought your way out of it .So sorry again what are these glorious results that were so much better than the one you had today. And why is it opposing fans who come on this forum love the word snowflake? Am I mean to take offence by being called that..

The absolute fucking state of some of you..The result was poor but some of the comments are beyond embarrassing.. When Woolwich lose the same people post pictures of someone eating Popcorn and boast about how they can't wait for Arse TV and the incoming meltdown.. Well look at yourselves before you mention metldowns, up there with the worst i've seen.
Yes we were poor and deserved nothing but it's that time of year when anything can and does happen, did none of you notice that Man City got beat by Palace last week? i happens, I just hope the players respond better than some of you.
Using terms such as 'bottlers and Spursy' is what we expect from pathetic little trolls from other clubs, but to see your own fans use it... well there are no words. Get a fucking grip and man up.

We have been on an amazing run of games, just come off the back of a 5-0 and a 6-2 masterclass, we knocked Woolwich out of the quarter finals of the league cup, we went to Barca needing a result and we got it. If that is going to be forgotten because of one blip then you need to have a good look at yourselves.
I've seen comments like 'Poch is at fault because he keeps rotating the fullbacks" etc etc, did anyone make those comments when we were winning week in week out?

Results like this can happen but it's how you react and we need to make sure this was just a one off. It's only half way through the season and if you think that one result changes anything then think again.
Liverpool will have a poor result or two at some point, that's how IT works, NO ONE WINS EVERY GAME AND WE ARE NO DIFFERENT.
The players and the manager do not deserve some of the critisism that's been aimed at them today.

How well we are playing is masking how poorly we are defending. Wolves are a stronger attacking prospect than Bournmouth and Everton. I’m not going to be getting carried away by two deserved and dominant performances, and the manager will not be so complacent. Wolves beat Chelsea just a couple of matches back, and although gifted two goals, came close to a point last time around.

Fucking knew it.

Sometimes though, when you're shattered from a ridiculously scheduled winter period, you need to just get men behind the ball and grind out the 3 points.

It looked like the whole of that half we did and were clearing it, it comes straight back. Exactly like Burnley were against us. But to see it out it almost takes more effort and energy and we really do fold under pressure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom