Tottenham Hotspur v. West Ham United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winks interview superb

Now easily the most fuckable man on the planet, magnificent starting debut

harry-winks.gif

Perfect last Derby with them lot in a way, shit first half and trail - start second half owning them like we should but Vinny gives them hope for the banter. 2 goals in 2 minutes to win it in stoppage time.

After the game it gets even better, the last time their fans leave WHL they have lost in the last minute and have to walk past the construction of the best stadium in London which is on the same site.

Here's to you Lady Brady

200_s.gif

Hopefully we can put our bad patch behind us with this win. Get drunk and have sex everyone.

COYS
Couldn't feel any more intoxicated if I had downed a bottle of vodka! And if any man had made me feel as good as after a result like that, then I would never had let them out of the bedroom!!!!!

I got last minute ticket for the game yesterday and my god, this club puts you through the fucking wringer!!

For large swathes of the game our movement was too slow, there was a hell of a lot of passing sideways and while they didn't threaten a lot, neither did we. The second half we looked a lot better and you thought after the equaliser we'd go on to win it, especially with the Dier header- all their fans seem to be talking about their keeper, yet that was one hell of a save... Then after another corner (we didn't handle those corners well!) the penalty and the sinking feeling..

As the game went on my belief was slowly draining, we'd been pedestrian at times, but the subs for us made the difference, Son did get himself in serious positions which turned the game for us.

When that winner went in there was utter pandemonium, the ground was literally in uproar, I left the East Stand and headed towards Seven Sisters and there was a huge police cordon around the back of the South Stand and there seemed to be a fair few chants of '2-1 and you fucked it up' but the feeling of fans going back was elation and relief. I don't think I have felt so drained by a game of football for a long, long time.

I think something has to be said for our will to win and the fact we had the character to turn it around. However, we have to find more guile going forward and we need to transition defence to attack much quicker, that is possibly where we're missing Alderweireld or maybe there's a little inbalance in numbers where we don't seem to be able to stretch teams enough when we're attacking.

It wasn't a great performance but to turn over West Ham like that was a joy.

I didn't see the game, but I just wanted to point out that it was Ericssen's brilliant no look pass to Son which got us the win. Granted he has been very poor lately, but those little flashes of intelligence are why he stays on the pitch for the full 90.

Last edited:
Since they started playing 3 at the back they haven't lost, before today.
We started ok, yet then seemed to stall.
Eriksens offside goal -which the lino decided to flag for about alf hour after he got the ball- was how we should have gone about things. For some reason we stopped running in behind them or couldn't supply the pass.
Rose and Walker were not getting forward as they were pressed, yet we didn't exploit the space behind their two wide players and stretch them.
However, they did far less threatening than we did. Can't remember Lloris having to pull off a save of any meaning.
It needed faster passing and more movement, especially in the wide areas.
Winks was the example, yet he wasn't backed up by the other midfielders.
We haven't been playing that well. We haven't been as creative or as threatening as we can be. We have also been gifting teams chances.
We have had some key injuries and suffered a simultaneous player form dip.
Yet we are tonight are 3 points off the top, have conceded the least goals in the prem and have lost no games in 12.

We can admire teams who always seem to have that knack of not losing & even winning -maybe fortuitously - when not playing well.
Nobody can be happy with the way we are playing.
However, according to the media, a team that can grind out results & manages not to lose when not playing well is a sign of a great team.
Maybe we should start thinking that about our team?

Just seen that those cunts have Man Utd, Liverpool and Woolwich in their next 3 league games!! That'll be 4 losses in a row then!

Fuck I hope those arseholes get relegated
I hope they draw all 3 games. Nowhere near enough points to remove them from the serious trouble they are in, whilst nicking points off our top of the table rivals. Win/win.

:sandroscream:

despite playing badly most of the year, still unbeaten, 5th, and only 3 points of top. and some of you think pochettino's job is in danger?

fuck me silly is all i can say

Shit, I didn't realise that. Thanks old chap.

We scored a rebound, a tap in and a last min pen.

Again, over the moon, but not exactly goals that required much effort or guile. No one can say they thought we'd score many in that game - at 1-0 many on here were saying they didn't have much hope of us coming back.
why do you bother posting?
Just seeing your icon is like being told a relative has just died, it sucks the fucking life out of everyone on here.

Back
Top Bottom