Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No they were singing "Always the victim, it's never your fault", fucking shameful if you ask me.

All I heard from row 7 was the Yid Army coming from the bar area. Shameful if some were chanting the chant you mention , although I thought the Spurs fans actually in the stand observed it impeccably.

Well that was an interesting day out. Complete calamity of a first half and it's the first time I've really heard any of the fans booing our players during a game before half time! Some of the players looked so jaded at times and that wasn't even after 10 minutes had passed! Thank f*ck for the second half performance and the fans properly getting behind the team. Eriksen as we know is pure class, covering the whole pitch at times. Last minute goals = bloodied knees from the celebrations!

As for the apparent chanting during the silence, it was from the bar area and seemed to be observed impeccably by those spurs fans in the stand.

strange isn't it - that the link between the Juventus fans and the Liverpool fans is often ignored ie that they were all killed by Liverpool fans. When you read some of the stuff that comes out of the mouths of these grieving fans you get the impression that there was a 2000 strong army of policemen relentlessly crushing them to death. Perhaps if the momentum of rememberance is maintained, there is a hope that everyone will actually stop remembering that they died by being crushed to death by fellow fans.

Although the Juventus fans were killed by Liverpool fans, as I understand it- and this is not to condone what happened- what happened is a little more complicated. From what I've heard and read, this is what happened: The stadium was falling down and both sets of fans were throwing pieces of concrete etc that had broken off at each other. As this escalated some of the scousers ran at the Juve fans, as was commonplace at the time in English football. The stadium was not properly segregated and there was almost no policemen in between the two sets of fans. In fact the area where the Juve fans who died was, was actually a 'neutral' area, but tickets were bought up by Juve fans who lived in Belgium...who were not their ultras (who would have fought back) but just normal fans. Liverpool fans expected the Juventus fans to run back at them (as would have happened in England) but- despite being up for the missile throwing- they did not want to get involved in a proper fight and ran, which led to them tragically getting crushed under a wall (which collapsed).

Although Liverpool fans were largely to blame, the game should never have been played in a stadium which was literally collapsing, and the police/authorities fucked up on the segregation as well. The sad thing is that if we or any other English team had been playing in the same final, the same incident would have probably occurred.

All I heard from row 7 was the Yid Army coming from the bar area. Shameful if some were chanting the chant you mention , although I thought the Spurs fans actually in the stand observed it impeccably.

I definitely heard a handful of fans singing something to the offending tune during the minute's silence on the stream I was watching, so it could have been Yid Army as it does have the same tune, I just assumed the words by the reaction of the West Brom fans. Whatever it was it was thankfully edited out of the footage that was on Sky later.

Mind you, you were actually there so fuck knows what I heard.

I definitely heard a handful of fans singing something to the offending tune during the minute's silence on the stream I was watching, so it could have been Yid Army as it does have the same tune, I just assumed the words by the reaction of the West Brom fans. Whatever it was it was thankfully edited out of the footage that was on Sky later.

Mind you, you were actually there so fuck knows what I heard.
I was there, they were singing North London Is Ours, they were on the concourse, as has already been said, the fans inside the stadium observed it fine. However, the WBA fans near me weren't happy and it ramped up the atmosphere a bit.

When they'd scored twice in the first 5 minutes though. :adewtf: :paulinhofacepalm:

Although Liverpool fans were largely to blame, the game should never have been played in a stadium which was literally collapsing, and the police/authorities fucked up on the segregation as well. The sad thing is that if we or any other English team had been playing in the same final, the same incident would have probably occurred.
Both stadia played a huge part in what happened, no doubt about it, but it has to be remembered that lots of other fans had attended both places before without there ever being a disastrous outcome of either nature.
It would be interesting to find out how many people featured in both events.

I was there, they were singing North London Is Ours, they were on the concourse, as has already been said, the fans inside the stadium observed it fine. However, the WBA fans near me weren't happy and it ramped up the atmosphere a bit.

When they'd scored twice in the first 5 minutes though. :adewtf: :paulinhofacepalm:

Ah I think you were in the row or two behind me, probably sounds stalker-ish but I recognized someone associated with TFC but haven't been on here for ages so couldn't place the face otherwise I would have said hello without sounding weird :sherwoodlol:.

There was one guy on my row who spend the whole game taunting their fans and he got chucked out by the police after Eriksen scored. Each to their own but travelling all the way to West Brom just to taunt people seems like a pointless exercise to me!

Harry Kane has two goals from open play in 215 Premier League minutes and 2 starts.
Soldado has two goals from open play in 1893 Premier League minutes and 22 starts.
Just saying.
He missed a few cupcakes early.

But came good with that goal via the head.

I like what I saw and eat some crow after my comment for sure

Ah I think you were in the row or two behind me, probably sounds stalker-ish but I recognized someone associated with TFC but haven't been on here for ages so couldn't place the face otherwise I would have said hello without sounding weird :sherwoodlol:.

There was one guy on my row who spend the whole game taunting their fans and he got chucked out by the police after Eriksen scored. Each to their own but travelling all the way to West Brom just to taunt people seems like a pointless exercise to me!
You were probably a row in front, that bloke was giving it to them all game, one of theirs got chucked out as well, I was standing by the wall on the edge of my row.

Both stadia played a huge part in what happened, no doubt about it, but it has to be remembered that lots of other fans had attended both places before without there ever being a disastrous outcome of either nature.
It would be interesting to find out how many people featured in both events.

I wasn't there, of course, so can't judge 100%. But I would guess that it was a combination of different circumstances, such as those already described (the neutral area, lack of police etc in the case of Heysel) that led to the two disasters happening at the time they did. I would say that it is unlikely that Liverpool fans were any worse than other comparable English teams fans at the time, in terms of football violence, storming the gates or anything else.

There was one guy on my row who spend the whole game taunting their fans and he got chucked out by the police after Eriksen scored.

Well that told him then.... What must he have missed, all of 2 minutes?
I imagine some Spurs fans left an entire 45 minutes earlier than that!

Back
Top Bottom