Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am not looking forward to this game.
For many years I have looked forward - even counted the days to our next game.
We just gotta win this fecking game.

After that gutless show last game I don't know what to think about this one. It's the first time in a very long time that I'm unconvinced that they can pull out of a nosedive. Last game was such a gutless shitshow. It wasn't the New Spurs that we've all enjoyed this past few years. It wasn't even old school Spursy where they give it some grit but fold at the last hurdle. It was just....nothing. I'd love to think that two weeks has helped but I really don't know.

Son must have felt that South Korea's phantom match against Kanjiklub in the upside-down was a fucking holiday by comparison.

Going back to the DM conversation.

I'm still backing Dier but that's not to say he was shit against Brighton. I know the jury is out as can be seen by mixed opinions on this forum. I think we have a squad of players until January which we need to use and it's worth letting him have a run of games to be match fit. The other thing he provides is the 3 CB option.

With GLC nearing a return I wouldnt be surprised if we see Winks and GLC partnership.

However, im still of the opinion that both GLC and Ndombele are more attack minded players and shouldn't be playing as out and out DM's.

What's the chances that Dier or Wanyama put in a world class performance and score the winner just to confuse us all. Or maybe Eriksen will get a hat-trick.

Danny Rose has been awful for a good couple of seasons.
All pundits and fans of other clubs seem to think he's decent because he plays with PASHUN and will fly into a tackle. What they don't realise is that he's flying into tackles because he's already lost the ball in the first place or been caught out of position.

It's a shame as he was one of the best left backs in the world for a season or so but I'd have Davies over him all day at the moment.
I think Poch wants to play Davies because he's a good defender but he's so bloody slow it's just not feasible, most top wingers/wide forwards these days are lightning quick and he just can't live with them. Rose has a bit more speed and while he can make mistakes we need a bit of pace to support Jan and Toby and whoever the hell plays RB. It's a real shocker for me that we don't have any pace at full back considering how the game has evolved, look what Gnabri did to Serge...embarrassing.

What's the betting it will be like the Crystal Palace game where they get everything wrong and we suddenly look like World beaters, only to discover in the next game that we're not and the Spurs rollercoaster has swallowed us up again.

What's the betting it will be like the Crystal Palace game where they get everything wrong and we suddenly look like World beaters, only to discover in the next game that we're not and the Spurs rollercoaster has swallowed us up again.

Wouldn't have it any other way....

This feels like being managed by Sherwood all over again. Eriksen not in the squad, nobody knows if Vertonghen starts and I think not even the players are sure which position they will be playing come Saturday.

Apart from that, I think we will win. With the right players from the start. Definitely don't want to see Rose, Dier and Dele in that XI. One out of Aurier, Vertonghen and Alderweireld will have to start as I see it, although I'd leave them out for the beginning.

Gazza
KWP Sanchez Vertonghen Davies
Ndombele Sissoko Winks
Lucas Kane Son

Have we ever started with Lucas, Kane and Son upfront? It will probably be Lamela instead of Lucas anyway.

One of these Sissoko surface to airs has to go in sooner or later. Its been 3 seasons ffs.

I'm predicting this game is his time.

Cue Scenes.

Limbs AOTS .

We'll go on to lose 1-3 but still..... scenes.

Such an insecure fanbase these days, of course we will win tomorrow and most likely on Tuesday as well. The dippers away next week is tricky, but I don't think we will do too bad there either . For tomorrow: 2-0

Last edited:
Such an insecure fanbase these days, of course we will win tomorrow and most likely on Tuesday as well. The dippers away next week is tricky, but I don't think we will do too bad there either as. For tomorrow: 2-0

I'm liking this and (as one of the more "clapping happily" inclined supporters on here) previously would have agreed with the sentiment. But we where proper, proper shit against Brighton.

I mean proper gag inducing as you pick it out the treads with a lolly stick dog shit.

Back
Top Bottom