Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd go:

Gazza
Foyth Toby Jan Davies
Dier
Winks Ndombele
Lucas Kane Son
For me the key issues are:
- I think Foyth was always the RB plan this season (or at least till Jan) and now he is ready to slot in there
- I think Toby has been okay and Jan poor but I still like the balance they give us playing together - we have no ball playing from the left if Sanchez plays there
- I think Rose has been erratic enough to get dropped now, time for a Davies run
- I agree this is last chance saloon for Dier but feel we need to give him a chance to get back some form
- Ahead of him, I think Winks plays as he is probably our most trustworthy midfielder right now
- I imagine Poch will go with Sissoko but I want to see Ndombele because I feel if he's not one of the two and has the cover of Dier behind him he will be freer to show his creativity going forward (will be needed against a park the bus team)
- Kane and Son are certs so it's just about that 3rd spot between Dele/Lucas/Lamela. I'd go Lucas at he has looked bright for us in the rare minutes he's had
- For me it's an issue of system as well as underperforming personnel and I hope to God we move away from the diamond

If you look at what the scousers are doing, they are playing a very combative midfield of Wijnaldum, Fabinho and Milner/Henderson in front of their defence and leaving the front 3 of Firminho, Mane and Salah to do all of the creative stuff.
This is what makes them so solid and why they win the ball back so quickly.

We should be trying to emulate this with the players we have.

I'd go with something like;
Gazza
Foyth - Jan - Toby - Davies
Dier - Sissoko - Winks
Lucas - Kane - Son

if nothing else this will thicken it up a bit in the middle, stop shipping goals and chances and rely on the talent of the front three to get us a goal or two.

I think Dier is fucked
Otherwise I agree

I'd go:

Gazza
Foyth Toby Jan Davies
Dier
Winks Ndombele
Lucas Kane Son
For me the key issues are:
- I think Foyth was always the RB plan this season (or at least till Jan) and now he is ready to slot in there
- I think Toby has been okay and Jan poor but I still like the balance they give us playing together - we have no ball playing from the left if Sanchez plays there
- I think Rose has been erratic enough to get dropped now, time for a Davies run
- I agree this is last chance saloon for Dier but feel we need to give him a chance to get back some form
- Ahead of him, I think Winks plays as he is probably our most trustworthy midfielder right now
- I imagine Poch will go with Sissoko but I want to see Ndombele because I feel if he's not one of the two and has the cover of Dier behind him he will be freer to show his creativity going forward (will be needed against a park the bus team)
- Kane and Son are certs so it's just about that 3rd spot between Dele/Lucas/Lamela. I'd go Lucas at he has looked bright for us in the rare minutes he's had
- For me it's an issue of system as well as underperforming personnel and I hope to God we move away from the diamond

Agree about the diamond but Sissoko before Dier surely?

Blakey would agree!!

It's been clear for a while now that wanyama and dier are shadows of their former selfs and yet we have done nothing to even try and replace them
Makes you really question if there has been any kind of plan in place other than moving into the stadium and magically conquering all because of it

It's been clear for a while now that wanyama and dier are shadows of their former selfs and yet we have done nothing to even try and replace them
Makes you really question if there has been any kind of plan in place other than moving into the stadium and magically conquering all because of it

Dier and Wanyama had injuries/illness. By all accounts they are back to full fitness and only some game time will show if they can step back up. Wanyama's time at Spurs is probably up; but Dier has a bright future; especially with Toby/Jan having one foot out the door.

A spell of injury does not mean a player turns crap. According to this forum Dele, Dier and Wanyama's careers are over and Kane is a shadow of his former self. Heck, it even seems that the saviour NDombele is the new Paulinho.

Dier and Wanyama had injuries/illness. By all accounts they are back to full fitness and only some game time will show if they can step back up. Wanyama's time at Spurs is probably up; but Dier has a bright future; especially with Toby/Jan having one foot out the door.

A spell of injury does not mean a player turns crap. According to this forum Dele, Dier and Wanyama's careers are over and Kane is a shadow of his former self. Heck, it even seems that the saviour NDombele is the new Paulinho.

Ndombele is fine. Our team is playing like shit and is extremely wasteful with the chances he provides. Hell we were fortunate people passed to him around the box in the first few games so we could see someone that could actually hit a proper strike again.

...but LOSING to them will mean the apparent end of the footballing world...
And that in itself, is why WINNING on Saturday is VITAL... 'cos losing would be equally as important... albeit in completely the opposite direction !
And I think we will win. I have no worries whatsoever about Saturday. 3 or four goals past the Watford keeper and hopefully Gazza keeps a clean sheet.

I do fear for at least the next part of the season leading up to Xmas! I have no idea what has happened to 'our Danny'. Its becoming clearer that Poch knew something was amiss when he left him behind in the Summer to find a new club. I definitely think that Poch was planning major changes to the 1st eleven and it has not helped that 2 of 3 major signings have been injured. I cannot see any value in playing Christian at the moment; his confidence is shot or he just doesn't care - I can't make my mind up which!! COYS!

Unfortunately it's the same old same old. :pochrolleyes:

Can't wait for Lo Celso and Sessegnon to be ready to start and then January to come round and hopefully we can bring in a couple of new players

Until then it's going to be the same as it has been so far.

2-2

This will be 0-0!

Quique will set us up defensively to hit you on the break. You won't be creative enough to break us down and we lack the creativity and confidence up front to score at the moment.

I wouldn't put Foyth at DM.
I still want Dier and Winks there and give them time to develop an understanding. But I know full well that isn't going to happen and. Poch will be looking to pull out one of his weird tactical changes. I reckon this might be what he does.
Dier, Winks and Ndombele would be good. Push Ndombele a little further forward.

Dier, Winks and Ndombele would be good. Push Ndombele a little further forward.
I know we're desperately short on DM's, but did you watch Dier in the Brighton game? I was one calling for him to be reintroduced in a 4231 before that game. So obviously I was pleased when I saw the line up. However, I'm not sure which sport he thought he was playing but I'm pretty sure it wasn't football.

Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me to see him in there, although I'd imagine we'll see Juan at RB, and a defensive / centre midfield of Sissoko and Winks.

Back
Top Bottom