Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ben Foster will be in goal this weekend.. :pochfacepalm:
Should've got Robbo back not Michel....

watfords-ben-foster-is-beaten-by-paul-robinsons-free-kick-for-picture-id832870770

Yes but they have scored 4 goals in 8 games - and 1 of those was away from home too - so don't expect a clean sheet really which is why my prediction was perhaps a bit too optimistic.

2-1 Tottenham.

COYS!

I think I saw somewhere we are 4th in the league in actual shots on goal or something. If we'd converted just 10% of those missed we'd be halfway up the league.

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but I expect Watford will be particularly keen to do us this game after Danny snubbed them in the summer. It will be particularly interesting to see if he starts this game.

All we need to do is work harder than them, obviously we are not ready to produce a perfect performance in these circumstances. With Gazza in goal and a reshuffled defence it’s unlikely we keep a clean sheet, but the matches we lost we were simply out-worked.

If we run our knackers off and move the ball quickly, our quality in attack should get us over the line. Any more slow, sideways shit and we are going to drop more points. Nobody in our midfield should be taking more than two touches and our defence needs to play high and condense the play. If they cannot handle that then they are not good enough. I cannot watch another 90 minutes where Winks, Sissoko, Toby and Jan are stood midway inside our own half passing sideways while the opponent just sits there. Get up the pitch and play with courage. We can’t play this timid football at home.

I think I saw somewhere we are 4th in the league in actual shots on goal or something. If we'd converted just 10% of those missed we'd be halfway up the league.

I think I saw somewhere that we're 9th in actual league position or something. Which sounds (very) slightly better than halfway to me. :sonhmm:

Back
Top Bottom