Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland (Saturday 13th Sept 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One match? I assume that all his previous examples of not being good enough have been forgotten too?
I'v stated multiple times that i take each new season as it comes and i want to see how the players bought last year go this year. If he's shit this year then i would have an issue with him being in the team but so far hes our highest goal scorer in the pl and there isn't really a reason to not pick him.

I kinda like the recent posts. It points to us being in excellent shape injury wise because usually the starting 11 picks itself because we are the walking wounded.

On this page people have been talking should Chadli, Dembele etc start. Good stuff because either of those players are quality.

It's rare we have so many fit players. Competition will be fierce.

I'v stated multiple times that i take each new season as it comes and i want to see how the players bought last year go this year. If he's shit this year then i would have an issue with him being in the team but so far hes our highest goal scorer in the pl and there isn't really a reason to not pick him.
I really do not think that he is.
Chadli vs Lennon ? Feels like a Budweiser vs Miller Lite better beer debate

I'm assuming Ade and Bentaleb are not available. Sounds like Bobby isn't either.

Dier - Fazio - Jan - Rose
-------Capoue---Dembele
Eriksen---Lamela---Chadli
------------Kane

Not a huge believer in Dembele in a pivot role, but i'm hoping he can prove me wrong.

I'm assuming Ade and Bentaleb are not available. Sounds like Bobby isn't either.

Dier - Fazio - Jan - Rose
-------Capoue---Dembele
Eriksen---Lamela---Chadli
------------Kane

Not a huge believer in Dembele in a pivot role, but i'm hoping he can prove me wrong.

Quite like this team, I'd like to see Stambouli rather than Dembele, but obviously that's pure guesswork. Or maybe play both and sacrifice the out of sorts Eriksen? Good luck as usual to the manager in picking a winning team.

Then should Benny be our left back? Should we have sold Dawson? Perhaps Gomes should have been given a chance in goal?

There has been barely a single instance where Chadli has shown the ability to a reliable provider of goals, whether scoring or setting up. His movement is bumbling, passing wayward and for such a strong bloke he is remarkably easy to shift of the ball. That isn't 'picking' on him, that is taking an objective view of someone who has played often enough now to be judged.

Reading comments from weeks past, I thought Lennon was for the gallows. He seems to appear in team line ups? I feel we will get his best season this time around but not sure( unless he shows more) if he will be a regular to make it happen?

Reading comments from weeks past, I thought Lennon was for the gallows. He seems to appear in team line ups? I feel we will get his best season this time around but not sure( unless he shows more) if he will be a regular to make it happen?
I hope we will get a good season from him, but he's never been a regular goal threat. He's an old school English counter-attacking winger which isn't exactly what our system requires at the moment.

He's been a fantastic servant to the club but I'm afraid that he's now in much the same boat as Dawson before him.

Last edited:
I hope we will get a good season from him, but he's never been a regular goal threat. He's an old school English counter-attacking winger which isn't exactly what our system requires at the moment.

He's been a fantastic servant to the club but I'm afraid that he's now in much the same boat as Dawson before him.
Imo, he's not even a winger anymore.
I don't know what he is nowadays (or what he wants to be) ... He's just a fella with wicked pace.

Back
Top Bottom