Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland (Saturday 13th Sept 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe Chadli isn't the answer but I'm certain Lennon isn't.
certainly on recent performances - I can see why you would think that, but that simply ignores the fact that he has proved that the skills are there, and he either needs the confidence to set them free again, or have the shackles taken away, so he can go out and do what we know he can.
If Chadli ever possessed any of those skills or unveiled that level of promise or potential, it hasn't been made apparent to me.
I believe in what I have seen - Lennon has shown me he can do the right stuff, and Chadli hasn't. At his peak he isn't on the same level as Lennon has shown he can reach.
The big question is whether Lennon can get there again - and whether he can be encouraged or motivated to do so.

I agree with the point that Lennon ups his game when faced with competition. He was a stark example of that effect when we bought Bentley. But he was playing on the right wing and having more space, making runs down the wing from a deeper position. I just haven't seen him play effectively in the formation we use nowadays (other than friendlies).

Granted Chadli hasn't shown us a great deal either, one good game against shite opposition hasn't convinced anyone he's the messiah. But I reckon he could end up working better under Poch. He looks up, gets into useful positions, and is more suited to a line of three players that needs to think on it's feet a bit more as Lamela veers in from the right, and Adebayor spends half his time at left back.

God damn it. I'm stuck on Lisbon and have to attend meeting the whole day (whole weekend). I'll miss the game, surely. At least I'll go and party at the end of the day and hopefully will have plenty of reason to do so. Coys!

I think Lennon is better suited for the big games than Chadli btw, defensively better suited to press the opposition, but he is also lightening quick which can be very important on the counter. Against the likes of Sunderland etc I think Chadli is a better at unlocking teams that park the bus than Lennon.

Not at all were I am from (ahburdeen), I think I converted a few people to loosely follow us but I havent met a Spurs supporter in the North East yet.
Same here in my city ,Pitesti,Romania ,didn’t see Spurs fans ,just Man.Utd, Pool or Arseanal t-shirts ,some Chelski ,Spurs are rare birds,my father is a pro-Arseanal fan,that’s make me more fanatic into Spurs feelings…

Back
Top Bottom