Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland (Saturday 13th Sept 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Soldado injured. Dier likely out.

Probably looking at:

Lloris
Naughton-Fazio-Vertonghen-Rose
Capoue-Bentaleb
Eriksen-Lamela-Chadli
Adebayor

I don't think MoPo will give both Fazio and Stambouli their first starts in the same game. I think Fazio is needed in the starting 11 more right now. Also, Capoue and Bentaleb have looked so good and seem to be bonding very well so I can't see MoPo breaking up that cohesion right now. He will look for them to grow as a unit. Stambouli might come off the bench.

A shame Soldado is injured because I think this would be a great game to start him. Kane is too needed off the bench to come on either behind the striker or as the striker so I believe Ade will get the start.

Fazio really needs to fit in this team and hit the ground running. I am hoping hoping hoping he works out for us because we really need to sure up our defense.

I really think we will beat Sunderland. I think we stand a good chance against most of these level teams this season, which is where we will likely make up ground in the table.

I could see Lennon getting a start over Chadli, but I don't know if Chadli has done enough to lose the job yet. But I do think Lennon still has a role to play.

Is it just me or do we have less matches on TV this season? I might have to start choosing which games to go to based on which are on tv and which are not. (MOTD is past my bedtime).

Dier has been training apparently, so he should be okay, AFAIK. I hope/expect him to play. Hopefully Kane will lead the line in place of Soldado and Ade, neither of whom look likely to be fit enough to play tomorrow, for different reasons. Ade maybe could come on as a sub if he's not too tired from his African trips.

I hope we will get a good season from him, but he's never been a regular goal threat. He's an old school English counter-attacking winger which isn't exactly what our system requires at the moment.

He's been a fantastic servant to the club but I'm afraid that he's now in much the same boat as Dawson before him.
I still feel there is a good season in him before we lose him, whatever system we play. He covers ground so quick so ideal for the way we close down oppersition when we lose the ball. The level we are at, he has still lots to offer. Until we move on and upwards I would keep him. But I agree that his days are closing fast at Spurs.

MUST WIN!

...any team nudes yet?
Here's the closest I could get....
Nacer-Chadli-Sexy-5.jpg

Reading comments from weeks past, I thought Lennon was for the gallows. He seems to appear in team line ups? I feel we will get his best season this time around but not sure( unless he shows more) if he will be a regular to make it happen?

Lennon tends to up his game when his place is under threat. I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Really looking forward to this game. Its gonna be my first Spurs away game. A bit difficult to follow Spurs from up here so I'm grateful that I've discovered the Glasgow Spurs SC.

Looking forward to a beer or ten, and a right good sing song.

Here's hoping for 3 points :adethumbup:

Really looking forward to this game. Its gonna be my first Spurs away game. A bit difficult to follow Spurs from up here so I'm grateful that I've discovered the Glasgow Spurs SC.

We got a decent following in Scotland? Given the size of Celtic and Rangers I'm well impressed with any Spurs supporters from Glasgow

We got a decent following in Scotland? Given the size of Celtic and Rangers I'm well impressed with any Spurs supporters from Glasgow

I just wonder with Spurs and Premier league becoming popular in the US on the way up whether the same thing is happening in Scotland on the way down, they love their football up there yet the league and the talent in it is desperately poor and getting worse, the less nationalistic and patriotic crowd may be looking south of the border in general to watch good stuff

Just moved to Scotland from the States; will be my first away match as well (in the PL, at any rate).

Well up for it... :parker:

I just wonder with Spurs and Premier league becoming popular in the US on the way up whether the same thing is happening in Scotland on the way down, they love their football up there yet the league and the talent in it is desperately poor and getting worse, the less nationalistic and patriotic crowd may be looking south of the border in general to watch good stuff

Would be interesting to know if there's anything in that. In a way it would be a huge shame because despite the standards north of the border declining so much, there are still pretty awesome historic clubs to support. But yeah, always like meeting yids from all around Britain. Got some Welsh mates who are hardcore Spurs, it's quality.

For myself, I've always watched from afar. The old man lives in London and is at the lane regularly.

You're not wrong about the xo
Would be interesting to know if there's anything in that. In a way it would be a huge shame because despite the standards north of the border declining so much, there are still pretty awesome historic clubs to support. But yeah, always like meeting yids from all around Britain. Got some Welsh mates who are hardcore Spurs, it's quality.
A lot of truth in the above posts. I've always followed from afar but my old man has lived in London for the last 20 odd years, and is a regular at the Lane.

I follow Rangers home and away, through thick and thin. The trips up to Peterhead, Elgin and the likes may be fun from a day out perspective but football wise nothing compared to watching Spurs.

The Glasgow Spurs have been running for a couple of years, and there's a membership of 80+ members. Its split between ex pats, and Scots who are die-hard Spurs, and other who see them as their 'English team'.

Its feckin magic now being able to meet up with like minded Yids.

COYS

Just moved to Scotland from the States; will be my first away match as well (in the PL, at any rate).

Well up for it... :parker:
Enjoy the match bud. If you're ever in Glasgow, the club shows all televised Spurs games, so pop in.

If you need more details send me a PM.

Last edited:
Enjoy the match bud. If you're ever in Glasgow, the club shows all televised Spurs games, so pop in.

If you need more details send me a PM.

I will prob take you up on that when I'm up there, was hoping to be some time next year with the missus. She'll be thinking she's got some time away from me talking about Spurs then I'll go drinking and watching a game with you lot :ade:

Hopefully he'll abandon the Chadli experiment and put Lennon back in. Against Liverpool Chadli proved that he's as much use as tits on a fish when you need someone to do something useful. Sorry but 2 goals against that woeful QPR defence don't paper over the cracks of his game
Maybe Chadli isn't the answer but I'm certain Lennon isn't.

Back
Top Bottom