Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If AVB needed an advisor, to tell him that Yaya Toure is going pick up Holtby and squeeze him to death in a massive bear hug.....then I think he's the wrong man for the job.

Did Harry deserve an advisor? Or Jol at Fulham? Or Di Canio?

How many people shall we have making team selections...? And I think one of the big problems that seems to be emerging in reports, is AVBs reluctance to listen to advise....which is ultimately why he left.

None of those managers were as handsome as AVB. That's all I need.

I like the idea of a very strong supporting act to the manager/coach, I really do. I just dont think AVB is the sort to really embrace it, he always seemed a bit of a lone man in that respect. He has the belief of his convinctions and everyone has to fall in line with it.
Yes I agree with this: Flexibility has to be a part of the set up: A sounding board that is not a yes person but someone who is prepared to offer alternative advice/solutions.

Personally hope we take up one of those supposed offers we had for him in the summer. Don't feel he offers much. Could even make a profit selling him and picking up Danny Ings, thereby also negating the loss of a homegrown.
Disagree about Sigg, I feel he offers a lot. He demonstrates a football intelligence. Earlier in the season when we were playing our best football, he was involved.

Disagree about Sigg, I feel he offers a lot. He demonstrates a football intelligence. Earlier in the season when we were playing our best football, he was involved.

I think that had more to do with whole team confidence than Siggy's performances.

I'm not really sure what to think about this match after the last couple of results. I had huge confidence in this team and still do but that amount is dropping. Really want a positive result or atleast something good to take away from the game. Soldado and Ade with 6 each and spurs 31-0 just like Australia vs American Samoa. We can dream. Anyways, lots of attacking play, goals will bring confidence and I'm sure we can come back from this mid season hole. Nek minute....

I think that had more to do with whole team confidence than Siggy's performances.
Of course, but he played his part, scored his goals. He has the intelligence to link into a team, adapt his game for the greater good. For me, he was the only one showing any signs of having any understanding with Soldado.

One of the most fraustraing things in AVB regime for me was his team selection.instead of playing the best team we can field in any given match and play how we like and trained to play(especially at the lane), he always tried to adjust our game to the opposition with a strange and and unfamiliar lineups no matter who we faced and how strong they are (or aren't in most cases).Not only it made it harder for our squad to gel in and fulfil his potential, we also forced ourself very often to play a football game that fits our opponents style of play much more than it fits ours. so when we faced the likes of cardiff or norwich the quality difference was significant enough to earn us 3 points many times, but when we faced better teams it was much much harder.

This is what i want to see on sunday anyway:
loris
walker-daws-vlad-rose
holtby-dembele
lemale-eriksen-lennon\chadli
soldado\ade

I think that this is the best team we can field right now, certainly good enough to defeat the saints Home or away.

It's a mess, we're going to struggle.

Signs are that there's no good alternaive to Sherwood, not until the Summer at least. Can't see the players putting in an effort over the christmas period - not with the mess Levy's created by sacking AVB with no plan going forward. Soldado, Lamela, Paulinho, Vertonghen will probably be wanting off, maybe Eriksen and Dembele too.

Defoe and Adebayor as our main option up front (again) is just depressing - we'll be lucky to get 4 points over the next 4 matches.

We beat them twice last season, and they're in awful form at the moment, (2 points from five games- Pocchetino out!).
Just wait, this'll be the game where our Lamela - Eriksen - Soldado three amigos start smashing the opposition.

Maybe.:adegrin:

Back
Top Bottom