Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got a feeling theres gonna be a total fuck load of goals in this. If theres ever a time for our new boys to rise to the occasion then its now.

Soldado, Lamela, Eriksen........step the fuck up.

none of these are gonna get a minute are they

We are in a position where players will want to take some responsibility and play football free from the managers restraint. I don't believe Sherwood, can take 100% control, with players doing what he asks. He picks the team, does the post match chat and thats his importance. Players will feel a freedom and as so play without fear. Whether this produces a good team performance, we will see.

I expect Lamela Eriksen and Soldao all to start, certainly two of them.

ATM I'm thinking

Hugo; Walker Daws Vlad Rose; and a front six of Holtby Eriksen Soldado Ade Cap/Dembele Lamela

But if Ade isn't fit enough after his exertions on Wed, maybe Chadli or Cap and Dembele

It's so hard to call when you don't know how fit/motivated players are. Good luck to Tim in his selection.

I predict this game will illicit that stinky nervous underarm odor.

Should keep potential predators at a distance much like the genus Buffo in the toad family.

I guess it would be interesting to see a 433, with Holtby, Dembele and Eriksen as the middle trio, Lamela, Siggy and Soldado as front three.

I just checked Soton's last three games. NO wins, two draws, one loss, all with their third choice keeper playing. No clean sheets, 5 goals conceded in 3 games. We have a chance against this lot, whether we can take it ...

seems similar to the away stats of liverpool you quoted me before our 5-0 demolition...
stay away from stat quoting please...massive jinx

This is a must-win for Sherwood

Personally my stance is the same as it was under AVB

Id like to see improvement in our game and signs that we are playing more cohesively and comfortably. Id much prefer an indication that we are moving in the right direction than play shit and get a lucky win,

Not sure how 18 months was too little time for AVB, yet Sherwood has a "must win" in his first PL game.

Personally my stance is the same as it was under AVB

Id like to see improvement in our game and signs that we are playing more cohesively and comfortably. Id much prefer an indication that we are moving in the right direction than play shit and get a lucky win,

Not sure how 18 months was too little time for AVB, yet Sherwood has a "must win" in his first PL game.

although i agree with your general point, i think comparing sherwood to avb is apples and oranges..simply because the next weeks and months for sherwood are an audition of sorts, he starts winning and he will prob get the job, he starts losing and levy and co will look for someone different

Im not comparing the two, Im comparing people's reasoning behind saying AVB was unfairly judged after 18 months, then judging Sherwood on one game.

Like I said, if we lose, but play well, I will be a lot happier than playing shit and scraping the points.

Same way I treated AVB

Im not comparing the two, Im comparing people's reasoning behind saying AVB was unfairly judged after 18 months, then judging Sherwood on one game.

Like I said, if we lose, but play well, I will be a lot happier than playing shit and scraping the points.

Same way I treated AVB

id rather the win but I feel your point...

we sherwood want to win this one....

you know what guys, i'm really sorry, i've just had a hard time of it lately and mentally i'm not all there
dead1.gif

If there was ever a game we were doomed to lose, this is it. If we are lucky we will only lose by a goal. Let's hope it's not a drubbing !!

Back
Top Bottom