Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris

Walker
Chiriches
Dawson
Rose

Dembele
Holtby

Lamela (won't improve without games and no1 else is ripping it up exactly)
Eriksen
Siggy

Ade.

Lamela and Siggy both cut in and will offer more shots on target during the game, also I feel Chadli and Lennon do a lot of sprinting and running about without much end product. Wanted to include Soldado so hopefully he gets some gametime, as with Lamela, he needs minutes and if both don't get on against theses I'm gonna be gutted.

Saints ain't in the best form but not as bad as us. Although out away form is fucking brilliant so fuck that and fuck them Le Tissier loving fucktards

2-1 away win.

Adebayor, Eriksen.

(I realise my starting 11 has literally no chance of starting under Old Tim and Les)

Manager: Friedel

------------------Lloris--------------------
Walker Capoue Chirches Rose
-------------Holtby Sig------------------
Lemela-----Eriksen-----Lennon
--------------:adeninja:---------------

So sacking AVB was a "mistake"....but you would like to see a line up he would have never, in a billion years, have picked?

I wonder how many others that "miss him" will want to see more of Ade, Lamela, Eriksen and Siggy etc now......

here ,our press say that Dawson-Kaboul will be central defenders in the next game vs Southampton,Vlad on the bench,probable Walker-Dawson-Kaboul-Rose will start sunday

Not sure what best 11 is? What I do know is best team every game no rotationtion nonesence and revert back to good
old 4-4-2 or 4-4- (*1-1) ?.

………...Loris
Walker Dawson Vlad Rose
Lamela Dembele Capoue Siggs
*(Holtby)
…….Soldado *(Ade)

I like Siggs, he is really unlucky not to be playing regular.

So sacking AVB was a "mistake"....but you would like to see a line up he would have never, in a billion years, have picked?

I wonder how many others that "miss him" will want to see more of Ade, Lamela, Eriksen and Siggy etc now......

I went with a rotated squad, that may actually be able to keep up with Southampton's style of play. Dembele seems to be a bit hit or miss this season and could use a break on that hip issue. Also, given that half the season has occurred, I rate Ade as the better lone striker than Soldado- until proven otherwise. Sandro is hurt, so obviously not him and we need Capoue at the back. My lineup makes perfect sense.

All this hate for Sherwood but football is about entertainment and Wednesday night was entertaining, we attacked from the start fed the ball into strikers had some neat one touch play going on and got the ball wide.

On another night we would have stormed into a 3-0 lead and praise would be heaped on the new man. We lost but we lost playing some good attacking football, something we cannot say about any other defeat this season. Tough game on Sunday, hopefully an attacking 4-2-3-1 and a good performance from the lads.

Im making a judgement on your line up, just questioning why you think AVBs departure was a mistake, yet you would like to see a line up that he would never play.....

Don't get me wrong, part of the reason why we lost those games was due to poor lineups....but instead of the sack the board should have brought him an advisor (that he could choose) to help further his growth, not sack someone with tons of potential, fit the clubs progressive culture and had substantial natural talent at the position. Especially since we were perfect in Europe and I would equally be as thrilled, if not more so, with a Euro trophy than 4th.

Don't get me wrong, part of the reason why we lost those games was due to poor lineups....but instead of the sack the board should have brought him an advisor (that he could choose) to help further his growth, not sack someone with tons of potential, fit the clubs progressive culture and had substantial natural talent at the position. Especially since we were perfect in Europe and I would equally be as thrilled, if not more so, with a Euro trophy than 4th.

Honestly I do not think AVB is a coach who would accept that.

He clearly has massive belief in his way of doing things, a real conviction he is right. I do not imagine him being open to advice.

He clearly has massive belief in his way of doing things, a real conviction he is right. I do not imagine him being open to advice.

Maybe you are right, that confidence was part of his appeal, I guess one can only speculate about what could or should have happened.

My line up:
[formation="4231, Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Rose, Capoue, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen/Ade, Lennon, Soldado"][/formation]

We need a defensive minded midfielder because we'll get overrun otherwise. Also Lamela and Lennon doing the swapping shit the whole time.

Maybe you are right, that confidence was part of his appeal, I guess one can only speculate about what could or should have happened.

I like the idea of a very strong supporting act to the manager/coach, I really do. I just dont think AVB is the sort to really embrace it, he always seemed a bit of a lone man in that respect. He has the belief of his convinctions and everyone has to fall in line with it.

I like the idea of a very strong supporting act to the manager/coach, I really do. I just dont think AVB is the sort to really embrace it, he always seemed a bit of a lone man in that respect. He has the belief of his convinctions and everyone has to fall in line with it.

Im fine with that. Very Howard Roark of him.

Completely agreed. The man's stubbornness in his own beliefs, despite never having played professional ball, was infuriating.

Im fine with that. Very Howard Roark of him.

Me too. Takes a strong man to shape a club, if he didnt have the belief in himself he wouldnt be right for the job.
It also takes strength to recognise when you need help, some people work better as part of a team. There is no definitive right or wrong way IMO.

Completely agreed. The man's stubbornness in his own beliefs, despite never having played professional ball, was infuriating.

I think he was someone who could have used a partner, but clearly he didnt think so. I dont hold it against him.

Ive said all along he has been fine margins away from everything coming together, a little luck and we could be sitting here saying he is the best manager possible!

I like Siggs, he is really unlucky not to be playing regular.

Personally hope we take up one of those supposed offers we had for him in the summer. Don't feel he offers much. Could even make a profit selling him and picking up Danny Ings, thereby also negating the loss of a homegrown.

If AVB needed an advisor, to tell him that Yaya Toure is going pick up Holtby and squeeze him to death in a massive bear hug.....then I think he's the wrong man for the job.

Did Harry deserve an advisor? Or Jol at Fulham? Or Di Canio?

How many people shall we have making team selections...? And I think one of the big problems that seems to be emerging in reports, is AVBs reluctance to listen to advise....which is ultimately why he left.

Back
Top Bottom