Tottenham Hotspur v. Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not convinced at all by that performance. Same old problems still there and no real effort to rid the memory of the derby loss. Sure, some happy clappers will enjoy their pegging party tonight instead of looking at the performance and want to shout down anyone that objects but the reality was it was not convincing.
Yeah don’t even THINK about enjoying that victory you fuckers!
:lamelaaghh:

Back home. Feel I earned my spurs being there. Credit to everyone who went and backed the side. Forwards looked good today but we were quite loose throughout at the back. Win should do all who played some good. Hugo was immense. Could easily have been 6-3.

Lucky you.. I'm still on my way home. Every time Sonny gets the ball it's panic in their term...and our

It’s the midfield. No protection.
No coincidence that it’s been pants whilst we’ve had no dembele or wanyama

Agreed with this.

It's almost like when we had Mason/Bentaleb in there in 13/14 - except we usually have 3 in there instead of those 2 so we're not nearly as bad defensively.

Was shit losing to the Woolwich on Sunday, but today’s result puts things back in order...

8 points better off at the same stage

We are also 6 points better off from the same fixtures as last season.

So clear improvements. Going to be a record breaking season from almost everyone in the top 5 I reckon.

8 points better off at the same stage

We are also 6 points better off from the same fixtures as last season.

So clear improvements. Going to be a record breaking season from almost everyone in the top 5 I reckon.

Just a shame those financially doped wankers at the top are there. Everyone else smashing records and still not good enough to lead.

Winks had a big responsibility for the centre midfield, I thought he owned it for 90 minutes.

There's nothing wrong with sideways passes, they're a key part of every midfielder's craft
Not saying he was shit or anything. Just that most of what he did was recieve the ball and pass it to the side.

In terms of pure numbers, just checked, it was 0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 0 key passes, 0 dribbles, 0% crossing accuracy and whoscored's rating system makes him our 11th best player. Did manage a some clearances and was mostly tidy and didnt give the ball away too much. Not that numbers mean everything, he wasnt rubbish. But really there wasnt anything or any big moment that would make him stand out to be man of the match. We all see things differently so all is good.

It’s the midfield. No protection.
No coincidence that it’s been pants whilst we’ve had no dembele or wanyama

Agreed with this.

It's almost like when we had Mason/Bentaleb in there in 13/14 - except we usually have 3 in there instead of those 2 so we're not nearly as bad defensively.
The January window is creeping up on us.

Anyone want to set up a pools for whoever we could/should sign in CM?
:levyeyes:

In all seriousness, doing nothing in January would be beyond Nelsen and Saha levels of poor. We're doing fucking well to be 3rd, but shouldn't rest on our laurels.

Back
Top Bottom