Tottenham Hotspur v. Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our run of fixtures until March really fascinates me. For me this is where our season starts League wise:

Leicester (a)
Burnley (h)
Everton (a)
Bournemouth (h)
Wolverhampton (h)
Cardiff (a)
Man U (h)
Fulham (a)
Watford (h)
Newcastle (h)
Leicester (h)
Burnley (a)

12 games until we lock horns with a team on par with us talent wise. I look at all of those games and think that the boys could really put something together that makes the home straight/ businesss end of the season very interesting. Got to keep Liverpool in our sights, our target needs to be firing ourselves into the same sentence as that lot & Man City as title contenders come March time.

In contrast Chelsea play Man City (h), Brighton (a), Leicester (h), Watford (a), Crystal Palace (a), Southampton (h), Newcastle (h), Woolwich (a), Bournemouth (a), Huddersfield (h), Man City (a), Brighton (h)........Two games against City still to go and an away trip to Woolwich to deal with.

The goons have Huddersfield (h), Southampton (a), Burnley (h), Brighton (a), Liverpool (a), Fulham (h), West Ham (a), Chelsea (h), Cardiff (h), Man City (a), Huddersfield (a), Southampton (h)......Away to Liverpool, a game vs Chelsea and a trip to Man City.

No top five team for us until spring now yet the two directly below us have games that directly impact the loss of points for those around us. We simply have to make this glut of games count

That was one of the oddest games of football I have attended I think.

Even they away supporters couldn't be arsed.

There were two old fellas in replica shirts who were trying to give it large but I couldn't be bothered to respond I was laughing at them too much.

I've had harder shits.

when-you-make-plans-in-a-good-mood-but-then-2089544.png

I'm still fuming about that display yesterday against that mob..if we can't beat saints then we may as well just stop bothering all together

I agree. If we fail to beat Saints then it's time to call off the new stadium and convert the seating into massage tables, the bogs into sauna's (much like the old WHL to be fair) and the cheese room into a quinoa room for North London's biggest Day-Spa.

I don't think this is an over-reaction.

By hook or by crook, we need to win this. Don't care how, need to get the shambles that was Sunday, out of my head. Could do without it TBH, I'm really not a fan of midweek games, especially at Wembley. But I'll still be there, mad thing that I am.

Hahaha... Leap-frogging the Goons & The Chavs in one hit.... Glorious!

Pretty shabby for the last 20, but fuck it.... 3 goals, 3 points.... And the SPURS go marching on. :allitongue:

Just gutted Hugo didn't get the clean-sheet he thoroughly deserved (Epic performance!).

Stopped playing after the 3rd which would have cost us against a decent side.

Having said that we'll certainly take that after Sunday. Chavs lose, we're back in 3rd, and Woolwichs celebrations after their 'Beat Spurs and go above them for 3 days' trophy win come to an abrupt halt. Decent night.

That was a stroll in the park, didn't get out of 2nd gear (we had 11 shots to their 3) then about 60mins we just slipped into gear into neutral and then give up 15 shots to 2 in the last 35 minutes!! Not too good to see but given the games coming up perhaps that's great game management to save some legs. 3pts Chavs and scum dropping points, plus them and Liverpool picking up some injuries on the night (looks like Tripps was holding his groin which isn't good considering he's been out a month with that injury) up to 3rd and with a good run of winnable games to come. Take it.

Last edited:
To finish the evening in 3rd, when Chelsea had a 'nailed on' win against Wolves but didn't... Man Utd in disarray, gifting Arse 2 goals... yet still drew...
gotta be pleased with tonight, espesh after Sunday!

We did enough and got the points needed to be rightfully above the scum, both of them. Sometimes you just got to get the points and not worry too much about champagne football.
We were decent, although a little sleepy at the back. Lloris was immense thankfully.
Got lots of games coming up, can't go all out in every single one of them.

At WHL that would have been a lovely evening out, and would have felt less sterile and functional. Don't underestimate the Wembley factor.

We're 3rd going in towards Christmas. I'd take that any year.

Back
Top Bottom